• Atlanta Falcons

5 8.47%
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    Zach Miller had a huge day for Seattle.

Atlanta is going to double Crab.

It's time for Vernon to re-emerge...

If we win this game, it's imperititve that our opponent feels like they have to account for 85.
    I think Walker will be HUGE in this game. I'm sure Atl saw good old Butter Fingers last week too so I think the'll double Crabtree and Davis leaving Walker singled vs a LB. If he can make some big catches the Niners could easily run away with this.

Defensively, my only concern is Gonzalez. White and Jones are great, but with the Niners keeping the safeties back like they usually do and the fact that I believe SF will get better push on the pocket than Seattle did, I think Ryan will want to go to Gonzalez more. Rogers hasn't been great this year, but I do trust him vs Douglas. Willis and Bowman won't have any trouble keeping up with Gonzo but if Ryan keeps the ball up, he's got a good 5" on both of them.

vCash
    We are 1st in NFL Team Opponent Red Zone Scoring Attempts per Game, so less opportunities is a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    I think Walker will be HUGE in this game. I'm sure Atl saw good old Butter Fingers last week too so I think the'll double Crabtree and Davis leaving Walker singled vs a LB. If he can make some big catches the Niners could easily run away with this.

Defensively, my only concern is Gonzalez. White and Jones are great, but with the Niners keeping the safeties back like they usually do and the fact that I believe SF will get better push on the pocket than Seattle did, I think Ryan will want to go to Gonzalez more. Rogers hasn't been great this year, but I do trust him vs Douglas. Willis and Bowman won't have any trouble keeping up with Gonzo but if Ryan keeps the ball up, he's got a good 5" on both of them.
    I think Jerry Rice should have a school for receivers just like Hakeem Olajuwon has for post players in the NBA, Walker should be the first one to sing up for this. Davis too... he needs to stop jumping every time he catches a pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    I think Jerry Rice should have a school for receivers just like Hakeem Olajuwon has for post players in the NBA, Walker should be the first one to sing up for this. Davis too... he needs to stop jumping every time he catches a pass.
    Yeah, I hate when guys do this. It was one of my biggest dislikes in Josh Morgan. Think about Crabtree's first TD vs GB. Never broke stride...just plucked. If he jumps to catch it the D probably gets him short of the goal line.

Gore and Davis both do it too.

vCash
    A tough game... it's the dreaded 3rd game of a 3 game stretch where the team has lost or tied every third game...

SF is also losers of 5 of their last 6 NFC Championship games... They also haven't won a road playoff game in 25 years. (not since Harbaugh was a backup QB to McMahon).

I don't have fond memories the last time SF traveled to ATL for a playoff game and Hearst's injury.

With all that being said, I still think SF is the more complete, experienced, team. ATL doesn't commit penalties and are very well disciplined. They are very good late in games, and prefer the big plays to White/Jones... If the 49ers can match their physical intensity from this packer game, I think the Falcons won't know what hit them.

I don't see Kaep running as much as he did in the Packer game who didn't prepare for that.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    just a feeble attempt at humor, but Alex Smith throws too high, hence players have to jump! hahahhah...ok.

bad joke.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    A tough game... it's the dreaded 3rd game of a 3 game stretch where the team has lost or tied every third game...

SF is also losers of 5 of their last 6 NFC Championship games... They also haven't won a road playoff game in 25 years. (not since Harbaugh was a backup QB to McMahon).

I don't have fond memories the last time SF traveled to ATL for a playoff game and Hearst's injury.

With all that being said, I still think SF is the more complete, experienced, team. ATL doesn't commit penalties and are very well disciplined. They are very good late in games, and prefer the big plays to White/Jones... If the 49ers can match their physical intensity from this packer game, I think the Falcons won't know what hit them.

I don't see Kaep running as much as he did in the Packer game who didn't prepare for that.
    He may, Atlanta has really struggled with scrambling QBs.

Ok Trent, so the doorway out is that way?

vCash
    Is it Sunday yet?

Anyone else love the new look of PSD!?

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Its not too bad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Is it Sunday yet?

Anyone else love the new look of PSD!?
    I hate it
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I dont like change :cry:
    Carlos "You Better" Hyde

vCash
    Maybe it's just signaling the change that is the beginning of this new 49ers dynasty that's going to begin :P

Sorry to steal some of your thunder lolPhillies

Soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    I dont like change :cry:
    Strange, I don't remember you being resistant to the Harbaugh hiring, or CK promotion.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Good luck to your team... I expect a great game come Sunday... Yes you guys have a great advantage on D, but I am suprised by the comments saying how easy a game this will be for your team. Good luck!

L.A. Angels/ Atlanta Falcons/ Anaheim Ducks/ L.A. Clippers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconsNation02 View Post
    Good luck to your team... I expect a great game come Sunday... Yes you guys have a great advantage on D, but I am suprised by the comments saying how easy a game this will be for your team. Good luck!
    It's not everyone, some people are just hyped up.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast