Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you like the Raiders to draft in the first round? (Regardless of the pick#)

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Lotulelei (NT)

11 39.29%
  • Damontre Moore DE

3 10.71%
  • Luke Joeckell LT

2 7.14%
  • Dee Millner DB

0 0%
  • Geno Smith QB

1 3.57%
  • Jarvis Jones DE/OLB

2 7.14%
  • Eric Fisher LT

1 3.57%
  • Ryan Nassib QB

2 7.14%
  • Other (Comment your preferred pick)

4 14.29%
  • Chance Warmack OG

2 7.14%
  • Bjoern Werner DE

0 0%
Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    We need a jj wate type

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    The problem is Carson Palmer without doubt, he sustained 2 drives over 5 minutes for the entire season, he led Oakland to 3 total points the entire season in the 1st quarter ( 225 minutes) 1 point every 75 minutes. This is an epic failure Wolfe these failures have never been witnessed, Pryor who has never started an NFL game had 2 or 3 drives over 5 minutes this 1 game. The defense appeared stronger and faster with some game time rest, Pryor also blessed Oakland with 3 red zone touchdowns in the only game he ever played. Palmer is more of a Jano allie 3,6,9,12 game over we lost.

Oakland will never succeed on either side of the ball unless number 3 is riding the bench, insert Nassib problem solved.
    You make a good argument, but I remain steadfast in that he should have the keys to car for another year or two then when Pryor is ready pass 'em over to him. I am going to have to watch some Nassib highlights to find out what you see in him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    We need a jj wate type
    Bjorn Werner = our JJ Watt

vCash
    Werner is not watt..theres a big size difference there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    Werner is not watt..theres a big size difference there
    I didn't mean Werner was Watt's clone for crying out loud. I meant that he can impact the game like Watt can impact a game, not exactly like he can but oh, forget it. Werner is a very good pass rushing DE and I think he will make a huge impact as a rookie.

vCash
    Im not as sold on werner being a game changer...i wish he was a senior so i could see him in the senior bowl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    You make a good argument, but I remain steadfast in that he should have the keys to car for another year or two then when Pryor is ready pass 'em over to him. I am going to have to watch some Nassib highlights to find out what you see in him.

+Underrated as an athlete, has the ability to tuck the ball and pick up first downs or get into the end zone
    +Thick build, he can take a hit and get back up
    +Moves well in the pocket, is able to side step and climb the pocket to avoid the pass rush
    +Balanced in his movements, though he does not always reset his feet when trying to make a throw
    -Listed at 62, and will need to measure out at that height for fear of dealing with the dreaded height questions that have plagued so many QBs

Arm Talent:
    +Has a very strong arm, can make any throw that a team needs him to
    +Puts enough pace on the ball to push the ball to the boundary side outside the hash
    +Can fit the ball into tight spaces due to his arm strength, can pick zone coverage when given the time
    +Release is compact and quick, though it doesnt always come from the same arm slot
    +Will change his arm slot to fit the ball into a passing lane, this costs him little to no arm strength
    -At times puts too much faith into his arm and will try and throw the ball through the defense rather than take the easy check down

Pocket Presence:
    +Is more than willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit in order to deliver a pass
    +Rarely drops his eye level when maneuvering inside the pocket
    +Good footwork to quickly move away from pressure
    +Has experience dropping back from under center, working out of 3, 5, and 7 step drops
    +Does well to sell the play-action fake coming away from center and turning his back to the defense

Command of Offense:
    +Spent three years working under Doug Marrone and running an under center pro style offense
    +Is able to get CBs to bite on pump fakes and will look safeties off his read
    +Unquestioned leader in the huddle, is one of the toughest players on the team and leads by example
    +Is more than willing to put the entire offense on his shoulders
    + Is able to rapidly accumulate a lot of points
    -Still developing the feel for when to check down or just throw the ball away, still believe his arm can make any play happen

Overview:
    No senior QB showed more this season than Ryan Nassib, his growth and command of this team is the illustration of a what a true field general is. Nassib was a guy I wasnt completely sold on coming into his senior year but he showed he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

He needs to go to a team that has a strong offensive coordinator and QB coach who can help continue his development and help him smooth out some of his rougher edges. Nassib needs to continue to learn how to go through progressions and work on identifying the defense pre-snap so he knows what to do with the ball post-snap.

In the end Nassib gives you a QB with that classic gun slinger mentality. Hes going to make some throws that are going to put you in a position to win a game and hes going to make some throws that could cost you a game. Up until this year you never knew which one of those throws you were going to get on any given drop back but now hes taken that next step further and seems destined to become a starter in the NFL..

vCash
    Did you guys hear about Te'o?

Deadspin is reporting that the story around Notre Dame linebacker and Heisman Trophy finalist Manti Te'o and girlfriend Lennay Kekua, who reportedly passed away earlier this fall to leukemia, is a hoax.
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...41229759,d.cGE

God must really love him now..
    Last edited by chucklemethis; 01-16-2013 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    +Underrated as an athlete, has the ability to tuck the ball and pick up first downs or get into the end zone
    +Thick build, he can take a hit and get back up
    +Moves well in the pocket, is able to side step and climb the pocket to avoid the pass rush
    +Balanced in his movements, though he does not always reset his feet when trying to make a throw
    -Listed at 62, and will need to measure out at that height for fear of dealing with the dreaded height questions that have plagued so many QBs

Arm Talent:
    +Has a very strong arm, can make any throw that a team needs him to
    +Puts enough pace on the ball to push the ball to the boundary side outside the hash
    +Can fit the ball into tight spaces due to his arm strength, can pick zone coverage when given the time
    +Release is compact and quick, though it doesnt always come from the same arm slot
    +Will change his arm slot to fit the ball into a passing lane, this costs him little to no arm strength
    -At times puts too much faith into his arm and will try and throw the ball through the defense rather than take the easy check down

Pocket Presence:
    +Is more than willing to stand in the pocket and take a hit in order to deliver a pass
    +Rarely drops his eye level when maneuvering inside the pocket
    +Good footwork to quickly move away from pressure
    +Has experience dropping back from under center, working out of 3, 5, and 7 step drops
    +Does well to sell the play-action fake coming away from center and turning his back to the defense

Command of Offense:
    +Spent three years working under Doug Marrone and running an under center pro style offense
    +Is able to get CBs to bite on pump fakes and will look safeties off his read
    +Unquestioned leader in the huddle, is one of the toughest players on the team and leads by example
    +Is more than willing to put the entire offense on his shoulders
    + Is able to rapidly accumulate a lot of points
    -Still developing the feel for when to check down or just throw the ball away, still believe his arm can make any play happen

Overview:
    No senior QB showed more this season than Ryan Nassib, his growth and command of this team is the illustration of a what a true field general is. Nassib was a guy I wasnt completely sold on coming into his senior year but he showed he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

He needs to go to a team that has a strong offensive coordinator and QB coach who can help continue his development and help him smooth out some of his rougher edges. Nassib needs to continue to learn how to go through progressions and work on identifying the defense pre-snap so he knows what to do with the ball post-snap.

In the end Nassib gives you a QB with that classic gun slinger mentality. Hes going to make some throws that are going to put you in a position to win a game and hes going to make some throws that could cost you a game. Up until this year you never knew which one of those throws you were going to get on any given drop back but now hes taken that next step further and seems destined to become a starter in the NFL..
    With all those positives he should be a high first rounder, so where is the list of negatives that always accompany such a large list of positives? He sounds good though.

vCash
    With all those positives he should be a high first rounder, so where is the list of negatives that always accompany such a large list of positives? He sounds good though.
    There`s some negatives on there, hey i`m trying to make a sale here Wolfe lol.

He`s also the new owner of a lot of Donavan McNabbs Syracuse records, who didn`t do to bad for himself in the NFL.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 01-16-2013 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    There`s some negatives on there, hey i`m trying to make a sale here Wolfe lol.

He`s also the new owner of a lot of Donavan McNabbs Syracuse records, who didn`t do to bad for himself in the NFL.
    LOL haha I getcha, I really do. You've been stalwart in your support of the kid for awhile now. I get it and I did catch the cleverly hidden negatives that popped up sparingly in there, I just want the scoop from someone who is, how should I say this....less BIASED. LMAO Thanks for the draft info on him, I promise to do some scouting on him. Perhaps he will fall to us in later rounds. I want DL (STAR, WERNER, OR MOORE) or OL (JOECKEL) as my first pick, that aint gonna change...........yet.

vCash
    LOL haha I getcha, I really do. You've been stalwart in your support of the kid for awhile now. I get it and I did catch the cleverly hidden negatives that popped up sparingly in there, I just want the scoop from someone who is, how should I say this....less BIASED. LMAO Thanks for the draft info on him, I promise to do some scouting on him. Perhaps he will fall to us in later rounds. I want DL (STAR, WERNER, OR MOORE) or OL (JOECKEL) as my first pick, that aint gonna change...........yet.
    I wouldn`t call it biased due to the fact, I`ve never once pushed for any current or former Syracuse Football Players to join the Oakland Raiders. Not Jim Brown, Larry Czonka, Floyd Little, Art Mont, Marvin Harrison, John Flannery, Keith Bullock, Joe Morris, Donovan McNabb, John Mackey, Gary Anderson, Orlando Mare, Daryl Johnston, Rob Burnett, Kevin Mitchel, Winter Blaise, Rob Burnett and other notable long term NFL football players lol. I forgot to mention David Tyree who contributed in spoiling a ring attempt by Tom Brady & Co.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 01-16-2013 at 06:35 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn`t call it biased due to the fact, I`ve never once pushed for any current Syracuse Football Players to join the Oakland Raiders. Not Jim Brown, Larry Czonka, Floyd Little, Art Mont, Marvin Harrison, Flannery, Bullock, Joe Morris, McNabb and several other notable long term NFL football players lol.
    This is a lot to do about a 2nd day or 3rd day pick...then again Tannehill and Weeden somehow got overdrafted in the first round and correspondingly didn't do much for their teams last year because teams needed QBs, and the FA market isn't great, so he could be a first round pick.

With only 2 QBs on the roster, he wouldn't be bad in the 5th round or so.

vCash
    I have read some experts call Nassib a field general and could be this years Andy Dalton. Now this has me intrigued.

If Nassib shows well in the combine and in his pro day, there is no way he goes any lower then the early 2nd round, probably a late first with some QB hungry teams.

vCash
    I'd much rather gamble on Barkley if he falls than Nassib. That being said there are so many more intriguing prospects in actual areas that need improvement.

Minter is a beast and I would LOVE to grab him.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast