Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who would you like the Raiders to draft in the first round? (Regardless of the pick#)

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Star Lotulelei (NT)

11 39.29%
  • Damontre Moore DE

3 10.71%
  • Luke Joeckell LT

2 7.14%
  • Dee Millner DB

0 0%
  • Geno Smith QB

1 3.57%
  • Jarvis Jones DE/OLB

2 7.14%
  • Eric Fisher LT

1 3.57%
  • Ryan Nassib QB

2 7.14%
  • Other (Comment your preferred pick)

4 14.29%
  • Chance Warmack OG

2 7.14%
  • Bjoern Werner DE

0 0%
Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    I wouldn't say it was his biggest flaw, but it's up there.
    yeah, i realized that after i submitted.....haha.....but i'z too lazy to fix it.

vCash
    I'm startin' to think Star is about the only true answer at the top of this draft for the Raiders. If we trade down, that's another story, but if we keep number three......we need to get Star. If he ain't there.....DEFINITELY trade down.

vCash
    Trading down is easier said then done. It takes two to tango and RM might not be able to find a trading partner for the #3 pick. Lets all hope a couple of players really stand out at the combine and pro days to make teams want to jump up. At this time I'm not so sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Trading down is easier said then done. It takes two to tango and RM might not be able to find a trading partner for the #3 pick. Lets all hope a couple of players really stand out at the combine and pro days to make teams want to jump up. At this time I'm not so sure.
    I agree, I don't really see anybody trading for our #3 pick.(at this juncture)

vCash
    I seem to remember him trading down, not often, but he did trade down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGuy951 View Post
    Line crossed.
    I don't see how he crossed any line Bigs, Firm's always self-confident bordering on cocky. He believes his pick, Nasib I think, should be our first and it will fix all things for years to come. That is cool, it's good to stick to one's guns. But a first pick? I really don't think so. The kid is moving up the boards, but no QB this year warrants a top 10 pick IMO. Some think that no QB will go in the first round. The three possibilities IMO would be Chiefs, Jags, or Jets...for us, QB this year is NOT a major need and should not factor into the draft unless on of the top four or five falls to the 6th round somehow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    I don't see how he crossed any line Bigs, Firm's always self-confident bordering on cocky. He believes his pick, Nasib I think, should be our first and it will fix all things for years to come. That is cool, it's good to stick to one's guns. But a first pick? I really don't think so. The kid is moving up the boards, but no QB this year warrants a top 10 pick IMO. Some think that no QB will go in the first round. The three possibilities IMO would be Chiefs, Jags, or Jets...for us, QB this year is NOT a major need and should not factor into the draft unless on of the top four or five falls to the 6th round somehow.
    Thank you for your support, I disagree with Nassib not being worthy of the 1st pick. My projection is Nassib will provide 15 years of polished sevice, no other player in the draft offers this. Your suppose to grab the best player who gives you the best chance to win, Nassib by far is it.
    Everyone is gonna do this now, Pete Carrol put the best qb on the field who gave Seattle to best chance to win. The new Raven offensive coordinator installed the best players giving the Ravens the best chance to win.The 49ers put who they felt was the best qb in to win games, look where they are.

Nassib gives Oakland the best chance to win from day 1, no one else on that draft board does this. I don`t want to see this kid in Buffalo, draft him and lets move on with our lives. Oakland can fill the other holes as we move forward, simple enough.

Palmer gets hurt week 3, insert Nassib then the rest is history we have a new qb.

I`m gonna pull a Fred Sanford on Reggie: Reggie don`t mess this up, you big dumby.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 01-16-2013 at 12:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    Thank you for your support, I disagree with Nassib not being worthy of the 1st pick. My projection is Nassib will provide 15 years of polished sevice, no other player is offering this service. Your suppose to grab the best player who gives you the best chance to win, Nassib by far is it.
    Everyone is gonna do this now, Pete Carrol put the best qb on the field who gave Seattle to best chance to win. The new Raven offensive coordinator installed the best players giving the Ravens the best chance to win.The 49ers put who they felt was the best qb in to win games, look where they are.

Nassib gives Oakland the best chance to win from day 1, no one else on that draft board does this. I don`t want to see this kid in Buffalo, draft him and lets move on with our lives.

I`m gonna pull a Fred Sanford on Reggie: Reggie you big dumby, don`t mess this up lol.
    LMAO I haven't heard that one in awhile. I agree with the don't mess this up thing.
    As bad as our defense is, we have to play from behind a lot. If we can build it up our offense can play through a normal scripted offense and develope a rhythm. What we need is to bolster the defense with high motor quality people. Then work on the offense later.

vCash
    LMAO I haven't heard that one in awhile. I agree with the don't mess this up thing.
    As bad as our defense is, we have to play from behind a lot. If we can build it up our offense can play through a normal scripted offense and develop a rhythm. What we need is to bolster the defense with high motor quality people. Then work on the offense later.
    I`d rather build the offense to take the pressure off the defense, the longer they are off the field the better they respond. Building a defense that will tire out over a weak offense, does no one any favors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    I`d rather build the offense to take the pressure off the defense, the longer they are off the field the better they respond. Building a defense that will tire out over a weak offense, does no one any favors.
    I think our offense has the ability (add a couple guys in FA) to be something special. If our defense is poor, they stay on the field longer and tire out. If they are good and we have depth then they can hand the ball to the offense more often, perhaps scoring a bunch themselves, and get off the field quick. So we agree in a way just support different ways to get there.

vCash

Draft

Who likes the idea of trading the 3rd pick to acquire more picks?? Possibly to Baltimore, they need a middle linebacker with Ray Lewis retiring and with Teo being a top ten pick I could see them being interested.

vCash
    I think our offense has the ability (add a couple guys in FA) to be something special. If our defense is poor, they stay on the field longer and tire out. If they are good and we have depth then they can hand the ball to the offense more often, perhaps scoring a bunch themselves, and get off the field quick. So we agree in a way just support different ways to get there.
    The problem is Carson Palmer without doubt, he sustained 2 drives over 5 minutes for the entire season, he led Oakland to 3 total points the entire season in the 1st quarter ( 225 minutes) 1 point every 75 minutes. This is an epic failure Wolfe these failures have never been witnessed, Pryor who has never started an NFL game had 2 or 3 drives over 5 minutes this 1 game. The defense appeared stronger and faster with some game time rest, Pryor also blessed Oakland with 3 red zone touchdowns in the only game he ever played. Palmer is more of a Jano allie 3,6,9,12 game over we lost.

Oakland will never succeed on either side of the ball unless number 3 is riding the bench, insert Nassib problem solved.

vCash
    I say trade the pick to someone like Baltimore for a 1st and 2nd, the Ravens Need a middle line backer with Ray Lewis retiring. They could grab Teo and we could still get some good defensive players.

vCash
    1. There's a draft thread. 2. Teo may not be top ten anymore more like the teens. 3. We aren't trading down that far.

vCash
    the bright side about being a bad team is that it will be really hard to miss on a pick this year. Pick a name of someone who is supposed to go in the first round and it probably helps our team out. I think you pass on the QB this year though and focus on getting depth in the trenches. We will be picking near the top again next year when guys considered 1st round talent will be available. Notable fact: J.J. Watts and Von Miller individually produced nearly as many sacks as our entire team. There are some serious pass rushing physical monsters in this first round. Okafor, Mingo...very impressive.

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast