132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

69 52.27%
  • New England Patriots

63 47.73%
Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post

Apparently this woman wants us to ask our opponents politely if they are ready to begin the play. While we're at it, why not let them know what play we plan on running and if they have to use the bathroom we'll be sure hold their hands and walk them over to the facilities.

It seems a no-huddle hurry-up offense is considered cheating now. Hmmm, ok.
    I wonder if this were a different team(if it were their team?) that had implemented this kind of offense. Would these comments have ever been made?
    He made one really good comment... "it"s a gimmick".

Completely within the rules and I have envy for how the Pats run it, but it will be made obsolete next year. It is a gimmick and NFL defenses will figure it our.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NDBRONCO View Post
    mods should delete that sick picture, kids come on this thing....come on mods...jeezuz
    just curious, what picture are you talking about?

He’s as close to Joe as anyone I’ve ever seen.”
    —NFL legend Bill Walsh

"It's a chess match because he understands every coverage, he understands every defense. And if you give it away too early, then the game is like checkers for him. He plays it how he wants to play it. ... And that's what makes it frustrating playing against him. He always finds those mismatches."

Ray Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

Completely within the rules and I have envy for how the Pats run it, but it will be made obsolete next year. It is a gimmick and NFL defenses will figure it our.
    It's worth learning even for a year if it gets you a Lombardi trophy

It's game day. Let's get back to the promised land, Myra's still waiting on that victory.

MHK
    Last edited by Austeezy; 01-20-2013 at 07:08 AM.

vCash
    Let's see if Mr. Playoff perfect digresses back to that 3 int, 1 fumble performance he threw up in 2010 against the Ravens!
    Ravens D is less than it was
    Brady has better weapons to throw to, and much better options to run the ball with

I wouldn't count on a replay.

I am torn on this game. I want the Patriots to put the Ravens back in their place, but I would love to see Mr. Perfect choke.
    I'm sure you would, envy is tough to resist.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Pats vs ATL.
    Haters gonna Hate

vCash

Meh.

Defenses might start learning to lineup quicker and more efficiently, but it's still gonna give well-prepped offenses an advantage. You can prep all you want but if it's executed properly and efficiently, regardless of how well prepped a defense is, it's gonna get them on their toes.

Teams are whining about it for a reason: it's tough to handle.

And don't act like the hurry-up/no huddle is something brand new this year. Teams have been running similar offenses for over 2 decades.

Sam Wyche and Boomer Esiason were doinga similar thing probably before most this site was even born.

Ever watch Jim Kelly's Bills offenses?

There are countless more examples.

Pretty much all the great offenses run a version of it now...even Baltimore at times does it. The Pats might do it the most frequently and consistently, but Denver, Green Bay, Atlanta, the Steelers etc. all run varieties of it at varying levels of frequency.

It might eventually become a less-efficient weapon, but it's not going to become "obsolete" any time soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsRsnitchaz View Post
    just curious, what picture are you talking about?
    Someone was going around posting kinda ****ed up pictures last night. Mods weren't getting to them terribly quick. Like, decapitated heads, heads split in half...gross ****.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    have you not seen the last 2 playoff games they played? that seems like a pretty fair precentage given the teams recent history. baltimore has given the pats a game the last few times they played, you bound to win some when you keep iot that close
    history and now are 2 different things. Baltimore is a worse team than last time, New England is better

I think it will be a close game, but considering most of the lines have the pats at 7+ and higher, I thought more people would vote for the pats.

vCash

How exactly does a defense figure out preparation and speed?

SOON

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    history and now are 2 different things. Baltimore is a worse team than last time, New England is better

I think it will be a close game, but considering most of the lines have the pats at 7+ and higher, I thought more people would vote for the pats.
    Coudlnt be more false, we're missing Webb, Suggs not 100%, etc. but since the last time we played the Pats we have a new OC coordinator that has done a tremendous job attacking the whole, playing with patience, versatility, etc. Flacco's passer rating is over 100 since Caldwell has taken over. We now have our 5 best O'Lineman in finally. Ellerbe and Kruger have stepped up and become our best defenders, Corey Graham has been our best corner, Cary Williams has stepped and all the guys that had to play because of injury has made us very deep and the gus coming in dont miss a beat. Trust me, this isnt the same team you faced earlier in the season.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Coudlnt be more false, we're missing Webb, Suggs not 100%, etc. but since the last time we played the Pats we have a new OC coordinator that has done a tremendous job attacking the whole, playing with patience, versatility, etc. Flacco's passer rating is over 100 since Caldwell has taken over. We now have our 5 best O'Lineman in finally. Ellerbe and Kruger have stepped up and become our best defenders, Corey Graham has been our best corner, Cary Williams has stepped and all the guys that had to play because of injury has made us very deep and the gus coming in dont miss a beat. Trust me, this isnt the same team you faced earlier in the season.
    boom.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportfan View Post
    boom.
    Doesnt mean the team as a whole isnt better, for those reasons i've named we are a better more balanced team then we were. Oh and btw, 10 tackles and 2 sacks for Suggs last week, his best game of the year.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Doesnt mean the team as a whole isnt better, for those reasons i've named we are a better more balanced team then we were. Oh and btw, 10 tackles and 2 sacks for Suggs last week, his best game of the year.
    Well our defense, secondary in particular is much improved, without Webb and Suggs not being 100%. We actually get decent refs this time, because the refs for the first game sucked for both sides

this is a completely different game
    Last edited by Super.; 01-20-2013 at 12:18 PM.

SOON

vCash
    Pats 34-Ravens 17
    Last edited by ATL#22; 01-20-2013 at 12:19 PM.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash

The actual offense they run once the ball is snapped is legit and wont be figured out. The hurry up just adds more confusion

The Cult of Gattis

Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast