132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

69 52.27%
  • New England Patriots

63 47.73%
Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    It's going to be hard for the Pats to cover Smith, he should be able to get deep downfield. Talib is going to have a hard time with Boldin, he doesn't do well with that type of reciever.
    it's going to be hard for the Ravens to cover lloyd, hernandez, welker, ridley, vereen also
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Bryant
    "You don't want Rondo? Send him my way," Kobe declared. "I love everything about him. Everything. I love his attitude, I love his chippiness, his edge, his intellect, his know-it-allness. All of it. That's what makes championship players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    It's just a game thread, didn't know I had to put on the PhD show.

How many yards has the Ravens D given up in the past two games? 817.

How many plays was the Ravens D on the field for in those 2 games? 84 & 84. I think that might be a consecutive game record in NFL history.

Who is out on D? Webb

Who is banged up? Lewis, Reed, Ngata, Suggs, Pollard, McClellan

So, while the Ravens are well coached on the D side of the ball, the situation, including being on the road against the #1 offense in the league (1st in plays, yardage, and scoring) with the best running game it's had since 2004 appears to be a good bet to be too much for the Ravens.

I think the Ravens offense is as good as it's ever been. I see them as scoring 24 points on the road which is no mean feat. Five of Flacco's last six playoff games has been stellar, including his last 4. He's good. Rice is great. Pats have the best D they've had in the playoffs since '04 IMO, they won't stop the Ravens, but they don't have too, just get up by 14 in the 2nd half and force Flacco to the air most of the time should do it.
    Never said you had to sir, but at least acknowledge the other side lol. The ravens D is very banged up, on top of being very unathletic in crucial spots but those injuries forced many non household names into more playing time and we are reaping the benefits of said depth. Ellerbe has been tremendous and is now the best ILB on the team, Kruger is picking up Suggs slack as a pass rusher, Mcphee is working off the rust and his snaps have picked up in recent weeks. With all that said the Pats will score 24 or more. Your guys are just that good, efficient, explosive, versatile, really i could go on and on. I marvel at the little wrinkles of what you guys do and the fact that BB sole purpose is to do what it takes within a week to win a game. Plus its not like we are world beaters on defense by any stretch, but we are tough, smart, physical and most importantly we stiffen up in the red zone. I think both teams will move the ball consistently all game, i just like the Ravens D to step up and get the key hold here and there with the same things we've done over time when facing Brady.
    Last edited by Carey; 01-17-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Red Sox, Ravens, Thunder, Blackhawks, UConn and Penn St. Fan!

vCash
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...brady-patriots

Article about the 3 main offensive systems and about the Pats ever evolving offense.

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...atriot-way.ece

Another interesting article. This on the Patriot Way.

vCash
    Baltimore shouldn't even be here, hopefully they will get destroyed like they should have against the broncos

vCash
    I'm glad the Pats and the Ravens get to go at it again. Both are great teams and may the best team win. As a Pats fan I think we have the best OLine, RB group and defense that we have had in years and I can't wait for the game. The number one thing that scares me is RBack fumbles.....The Ravens are slow but they hit hard.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    I'm watching a re-run of the championship game between the Pats and Ravens and I got to say I hope Harbaugh doesn't snarl at the refs all game this year.
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    I am going to say The New England Patriots (my Super Bowl winner) beat The Baltimore Ravens, in maybe best or 2nd-best game of The '2013 Playoff.

The NEPs proven Cheaters, better run Franchise, BEST NT in FootBall, But with 2nd-Best NT in The BRs not huge differences, a lot better LB core (too old & Super Smart & Professional HOFer in Ray Lewis in Baltimore), better QB (really never been a big deal for me, unless one is a run first &/or system QB), better quality players overall. Beat The BRs last year
    The BRs have The NEPs best TE out until next season, Top 2-WR core- a lot more deep threat, WR Torrey Smith, by a lot, better HBs, better TE core overall, one of the best FBs- important if you want to establish running game to control the clock*, & Better Safeties (too old & Super Smart & Professional HOFer).

*- Only way I believe The BRs can win
    Last edited by GreatWhiteShark; 01-17-2013 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Reasons why
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    I'm glad the Pats and the Ravens get to go at it again. Both are great teams and may the best team win. As a Pats fan I think we have the best OLine, RB group and defense that we have had in years and I can't wait for the game. The number one thing that scares me is RBack fumbles.....The Ravens are slow but they hit hard.
    idk about our Oline. I'm not saying it's bad because it's been playing great this year. We had our worries about it to begin the year, but it has been consistent. Brady has also covered up for some mistakes.

Last year we had Light and Waters. I wonder what other Patriot fans have to say when comparing the two lines.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...brady-patriots

Article about the 3 main offensive systems and about the Pats ever evolving offense.
    /
    I love when people say Tom Brady is a "system" QB.

Like, please tell me what "system" that is. It's always evolving, as you said...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I love when people say Tom Brady is a "system" QB.

Like, please tell me what "system" that is. It's always evolving, as you said...
    I do think him, Montana & other such QBs (even though I love Pass first QBs) are overrated and System makes them look a lot better than they are.
    Wild West, Ag. community, Seasonal-Self Employed, Bachelor Degree, Broad Fields, Experiences, Creative-Open minded, Reality-People, Tom Hartmann&Dan Sileo 'Best Broadcasters, Expose-Take On Big Guys Taking Little Guys', So What-Whom tell? Fanship, NOT FANATIC; Quality, Critically examine, Thought out, learned, experienced, facilitated, diverse fields, proven, science, others have experienced, Report personal attacks, Off Topics or bully Topics, Don't like-ignore, still not like-ignore button.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I love when people say Tom Brady is a "system" QB...
    Me too...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteShark View Post
    I do think him, Montana & other such QBs (even though I love Pass first QBs) are overrated and System makes them look a lot better than they are.
    I am happy that there are people like you around ....still.

I don't really know what the guy has to prove to satisfy some of you people.

Ironically, you probably think Peyton Manning is the GOAT. Which actually has a factual backing to its ridiculousness.

vCash
    Andy Hart ‏@JumboHart

Early forecast for @GilletteStadium for #Patriots #Ravens Sunday night calls for cold and potential strong winds.
    Could have some effect on Flacco's deep ball.

@jeffphowe

During ball control drill, Lloyd was knocked to the ground by Belichick.
    BB Getttin it done!
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    I am happy that there are people like you around ....still.

I don't really know what the guy has to prove to satisfy some of you people.

Ironically, you probably think Peyton Manning is the GOAT. Which actually has a factual backing to its ridiculousness.
    He does think Peyton Manning is easily hands down the GOAT and EVERYTHING Brady has accomplished is thanks to BB. BB could make ANY QB a Tom Brady according to Shark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    He does think Peyton Manning is easily hands down the GOAT and EVERYTHING Brady has accomplished is thanks to BB. BB could make ANY QB a Tom Brady according to Shark.
    How the hell can you read anything he writes?
    Eat Lobster

Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast