Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Baltimore Ravens

11 23.91%
  • New England Patriots

35 76.09%
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jones and Woodhead will be ready if they are needed.

Pats defense is obviously much better than when they played BAL earlier in the season, so I would expect them to contain the deep passes from Flacco. Gotta stop Rice, that's job 1. Saw what Foster could do catching the ball out of the backfield, Rice easily get +150 total yards, can't have that.

Confident that the offense will do what it needs to do against this Ravens defense, especially in the 2nd half and the Pats run that no huddle pace, tire the older Ravens D.

Gonna be a game full of all the drama and intensity that we can handle.

vCash
    I'm less worried about Baltimore than I was about Houston. This offense with or without Gronkowski is a juggarnaut and the Ravens D is old. Pick your poison.
    Perfection.

vCash
    Lets see if we can get a god damn holding call against Oher during this game.

Ridley and Vereen have to show up big for this game.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 01-14-2013 at 03:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dynasty7961 View Post
    I agree! And Gregory has been better. I'm pretty excited for this weekend, confident but nervous like always
    + 1

Thought I was the only person noticing how legit Gregory has looked lately.

vCash
    didn't we have two o-line players missing in the game in Baltimore? I believe it was Mankins and some one else.

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    didn't we have two o-line players missing in the game in Baltimore? I believe it was Mankins and some one else.
    I'm not sure. I think Mankins played. Vollmer had his concussion around then I think but I don't think he missed time. Maybe Connolly?

That game was questionably officiated (Bill grabbing the ref) and they barely made a FG to win it late. It was an evenly matched game.

Torrey Smith also gashed us...and like I said earlier, he's my biggest fear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    I'm not sure. I think Mankins played. Vollmer had his concussion around then I think but I don't think he missed time. Maybe Connolly?

That game was questionably officiated (Bill grabbing the ref) and they barely made a FG to win it late. It was an evenly matched game.

Torrey Smith also gashed us...and like I said earlier, he's my biggest fear.
    Smith also had Arrington covering him right?

Either way now we have Talib who is not playing bad at all and has got the skillset to match up with almost any WR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Smith also had Arrington covering him right?

Either way now we have Talib who is not playing bad at all and has got the skillset to match up with almost any WR.
    Yeah...that's not something I should be overlooking. Arrington not being on Boldin or Smith will make a big difference.

vCash
    I think we should come out running in this game. I have a feeling that Lewis, Suggs, and company will want to come out and get after Brady early. We could set the tone and control the tempo by running it right down there throats. This Baltimore defense, while playing with great motivation, aren't what they used to be and I feel like our O-line can have success. We're going to need big production out of our backs once again to win this one.

PSD Patriots Forum Hall Of Fame Class Of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by j-bay View Post
    from the injury report:

OUT
    Brandon Deaderick
    Alfonzo Dennard
    Justin Francis
    Aaron Hernandez

QUESTIONABLE
    Dan Connolly
    Daniel Fells
    Brandon Lloyd
    Logan Mankins
    Nick McDonald
    Sterling Moore
    Shane Vereen
    Sebastian Vollmer

PROBABLE
    Patrick Chung

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    from the injury report:
    thought for a second this was this week's injury report and almost got a heart attack seeing Hernandez and Dennard on there

vCash
    9/21/12 The Week 3 In-actives in the Pats v Ravens were

Patriots inactives: Shane Vereen; Alfonzo Dennard; Nick McDonald; Brandon Deaderick; Aaron Hernandez; Jake Bequette; Justin Francis.

Ravens inactives: LaQuan Williams; Asa Jackson; Jah Reid; Billy Bajema; DeAngelo Tyson; Sergio Kindle; Bryan Hall.
    Kaleb Tarczewski Watch 2013
    FG%: 54.9 Pts: 10.0 Reb: 6.5 Blk: 1.0

Florida Gators. Arizona Wildcats. New England Patriots. Boston Bruins. Boston Celtics. Boston Red Sox. #14 Tony Stewart. #42 Kyle Larson

Follow me on Twitter @derrike
    2013 PSD Patriots Forum Fantasy Football Champion

vCash
    These are two different teams playing this Sunday.

We'll be playing at home which means they'll have to travel yet again. Our Oline started out slow at the start of the season, but has been very consistent since then. This isn't the SB where Brady has to try and play his 1st game without his best target, he's had PLENTY of time this season to adjust and gain chemistry with his other weapons. As much as I hate losing Gronk, what Brady was able to accomplish without him earlier this year definitely lessened the blow(and I'm not talking about stats, it's the experience).

We won't have those replacement fools to call a horrendous game. Baltimore is still beat up and have to be somewhat tired this late into the season given the extra game and all those extra snaps they have played. They won't have Webb for this game, and Lewis, Suggs and Reed aren't at their healthiest.

Our secondary is no longer a joke. They played the worst secondary in the league week 3. If they think this will be another walk in the park they've got another thing coming.
    Hopefully they won't be able to get away with so much holding this game, especially since Jones probably won't be at his best.

When it comes to defense, we need to:
    A: Stop Rice. Running and catching we need to limit this guy before he shreds us.
    B: Stop the bombs. No deep balls. McCourty better bring his A game.

C&P'd
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    I think the Patriots are better equipped to be without Gronkowski this year than last year. They have playmakers all over the field.
    This is absolutely true. We've played without him for enough time that Brady is comfortable and has chemistry with our current guys.
    Last year it was The Law Firm with Woodhead running and catching it. We had AH and our 1st round rookie Tackle Solder playing some TE since Matt Light was here pre-retirement. We had Welker and Deion Branch at WR which is pretty brutal. I don't even know who our 3rd option was. Was it really Ocho? And Branch as a #2? Blehh of course he's not a real #2 when you have tight ends.
    This year we have Lloyd so Brady has 2 solid recievers with Branch being the #3 receiver where his slow *** belongs. He should only be brought in for emergencies tbh. Ridley is our number one guy, with Vereen being able to catch it and run it. Woodhead can also catch and run and is great sprinkled around throughout the game usually in the no huddle. It's a shame that Bolden won't be getting many/any touches as he has shown flashes of brilliance. We had Hoomanawanui as our 3rd TE who has been able to come in and block pretty well. He can also make a few catches when needed. Fells will now move up and be our 3rd TE. He is alright I guess.

That's:
    - Welker, Branch, Ocho, AH, Gronk(OUT), Woodhead, with BJGE running it
    vs
    -Welker, Lloyd, Branch, AH, Gronk(OUT), Woodhead, Vereen, Hoomanawanui with Ridley running it

You could even add Edelman, but he's on IR. He's kind of like a poor man's Welker, only quicker and a better blocker.

Where we were limited last year we have options this time around. That to go with a better OC who can better utilize those options and I think we'll be too much for Baltimore.
    NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · Jul 11

Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    from the injury report:
    Holy **** dude. I almost fell out of my chair. You scared the **** outta me.

vCash
    We'll play them much better than the last two times we played them.
    Don't even give ST a chance to redeem themselves IMO, just kick it into the stands

Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    No. Not worried. At all. Except injuries.

They have played more plays than any D in two consecutive weeks in NFL history I heard. They are on the road. Ngata is hurt, the other 3 past aces (Suggs, Reed, Lewis) on the D are all aging. The LB corps is incredibly unathletic in particular with Lewis on the field. Once TB figures out the D assignments he'll just find the guys that are isolated on LB's and ring them up like a pinball machine.

This time the Pats DE's will create some holding calls unlike the last game when the Ravens held and tackled our rushers from behind to keep Flacco upright. Our D against the pass is much better than last time. They have a good TE, but Flacco will not win the game for them. Rice would have to have a 200+ yards combined game for something like that to happen, and I don't see it.
    This so much. Make those LBs cover!
    Last edited by Austeezy; 01-14-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    NBA Legion @MySportsLegion · Jul 11

Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast