Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Pagan and Lopez to play for Puerto Rico. Romo for Mexixo.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    The difference between spring training and the WBC for pitchers. Spring training for pitchers is all about building up arm strength, working on location and making tweaks on the breaking pitches. In the WBC you have less time to build up arm strength and work on tweaking certian things and are forced to throw more breaking pitches which tires out your not fully strengthened arm. I hate to see starting pitchers go to the WBC. For position players its different all you got to watch out for is fatigue and injuries. Hitters seeing pitches is always a good thing.

vCash
    Did I hear on KNBR that Mijares and Scutaro are playing for Venezuela?

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    You heard correct.

vCash
    So half the damn team is participating?

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    SFG Represent!
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Can't even be upset when half the team is participating

vCash
    I'm usually fine with our players going to this, but since they played an extra month last season I wish they wouldn't. But whatever.

vCash
    Not enough room in title for all the names
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Isn't Romo American? Why is he playing for Mexico? Rizzo is playing for Italy... but I thought he was american too...

maybe i'm the only one bothered by this? I guess it's a free country and you can play for whomever... but i think the passport should determine the country you play for... (would love to have Romo play for us)
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

vCash
    I agree that players should play for countries where they spent the majority of their time growing up, born, etc. I wouldn't let that hinder them from playing for who they want, just that I don't agree with it. I feel the same way for cheering about other countries as well.

Hate it that some of my friends root for Mexico over USA in sports just because they're Mexican but were born and raised in San Francisco.
    Last edited by SFrush90; 01-19-2013 at 03:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    I agree that players should play for countries where they spent the majority of their time growing up, born, etc. I wouldn't let that hinder them from playing for who they want, just that I don't agree with it. I feel the same way for cheering about other countries as well.

Hate it that some of my friends root for Mexico over USA in sports just because they're Mexican but were born and raised in San Francisco.
    It's funny because my friends who are born and raised here but are of Italian heritage ask me why I root for the US in world sporting events such as the World Cup....I mean ****, I was born and raised here, why wouldn't I root for my country?

vCash
    Ya seriously. I root for my ethnic countries, but USA comes first and it ain't close.

vCash
    'Merica

Playoff Bochy.

vCash
    Does anyone know how many starts or innings our pitchers stand to pitch in the actual games?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast