Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Daisuke Matzuzaka

On SNY Mets Hot Stove they were pondering signing DiceK....like Brian Wilson another low risk high reward signing that could generate some media attention as a bonus. If DiceK works out he would be the first big time Japanese player we ever signed that panned out other than some cred to Takahashi (Matsui, Igarashi, Nomo, Yoshii, etc.) never lived up to the hype or lost their edge by the time they played for us. If he has anything left he would be one helluva pickup. Like drafting Rule 5 players we have little to lose bringing in a rehab squad...Sizemore too.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    I wouldnt be able to watch him throw 30 pitches per inning. He takes forever to pitch also and hes not even good. I would pass on him

vCash
    Positives: He may accept his salary in Yen.

Negatives: He'll pitch.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Positives: He may accept his salary in Yen.

Negatives: He'll pitch.
    Can we pay him....

In Trident Layers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudeguyy View Post
    Can we pay him....

In Trident Layers?
    Only the bottom layers. He's not THAT valuable.

vCash
    I'll pitch for free if that helps them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    I wouldn't mind it at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    On SNY Mets Hot Stove they were pondering signing DiceK....like Brian Wilson another low risk high reward signing that could generate some media attention as a bonus. If DiceK works out he would be the first big time Japanese player we ever signed that panned out other than some cred to Takahashi (Matsui, Igarashi, Nomo, Yoshii, etc.) never lived up to the hype or lost their edge by the time they played for us. If he has anything left he would be one helluva pickup. Like drafting Rule 5 players we have little to lose bringing in a rehab squad...Sizemore too.
    Wow. We have had more terrible Japanese players than any other franchise. You forgot Shinjo, Komiyama, Ishii, we've actually had two Takahashi's (Ken and Hisonri) and a first name Takahashi- (Kashiwada), Takatsu, and maybe a couple others.

Its a shame we can't get Irabu too. Matsui should be counted twice- he was that big of a flop.

vCash

Daisuke Matzuzaka

Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Why did you make a duplicate thread?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyJerZ View Post
    Wow. We have had more terrible Japanese players than any other franchise. You forgot Shinjo, Komiyama, Ishii, we've actually had two Takahashi's (Ken and Hisonri) and a first name Takahashi- (Kashiwada), Takatsu, and maybe a couple others.

Its a shame we can't get Irabu too. Matsui should be counted twice- he was that big of a flop.
    Instead of Ichiro we got Shinjo and instead of Hideki we got Kaz. The Mets have had like twelve Japanese players...I cannot recall them having more than one at a time...and thwy wrte all disappointments. Maybe the 13th try would be the lucky one.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Lol I remember how badly I wanted the Mets to sign him when he was posted 5+ years ago

I'd pass now

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    He can be the next "Fat Toad" of NY. What an effin' waste of oxygen. His main problem (besides not being in shape) is he never adapted to the MLB game. He still tries to play the Japanese game of throwing the "straight-oh" past every hitter. Fastballs are a dime a dozen here -- he never bothered to learn how to pitch. He's not about getting outs -- just a typical Japanese "try to strike them out" pitcher. And, even when he was less obese and a better arm, he still did not have the stiff to pull it off. Interestingly, Darvish is the polar opposite style-wise, despite having exponentially better stuff -- that's the guy we missed out on.
    Last edited by Il Mostro; 01-13-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    I'd take him.

vCash
    Didn't the Sawks pay $50 million just to talk to him???? Then pay him a salary on top of that.

What a waste of $$$$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast