10 points vs. Houston

13 points vs. Orlando

12 points vs. OKC

10 points @ Mavs

17 points vs. Bulls

15 points vs. Nuggets

13 points vs. Bobcats

15 points vs. Jazz

Last edited by rocket; 01-13-2013 at 06:53 PM.

vCash
    6 of those 7 were home? wow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    6 of those 7 were home? wow
    actually 7 out of 8 smh

vCash
    This, usually, is a sign of a young team struggling to learn how to win and finish games. Give it time and they'll figure it out.

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    This, usually, is a sign of a young team struggling to learn how to win and finish games. Give it time and they'll figure it out.
    I wonder how much of a role Stuckey played in those late losses. I don't like him in a closing role at all, might as well have Valverde in there.

vCash
    To be honest I am 50/50 some on poor coaching other has got to be a young team

vCash
    Thats why they play four quarters.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    All u got to do is see how many games drummond was in at critical times. Frank is the blame & he's a poor game manager
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDetroitBlue:25085092
    To be honest I am 50/50 some on poor coaching other has got to be a young team

vCash
    Some of them were completely Frank's fault, some the players. Ends up probably 4 loses from coaching, 4 froim players not performing.

Quote Originally Posted by ACanadian View Post
    Nope Val shot better from the FT line, that cancels out all other stats.
    Toronto fan on why JVal is better than Drummond.

vCash
    What do you expect when you have stuckey NEVER showing up in the 2nd half of any game

vCash
    They need a closer

vCash
    I don't have as much Frank hate as other people do. I think a lot of what he is doing is unpopular because we are losing now, but if its teaching lessons and building twords that winning culture it will all be worth it IMO. Sure he has made a few bad decisions here and there, but in a lot of these games it came down to one thing... suddenly the Pistons couldn't make a bucket to save their lives. I've seen them miss wide open looks or easy layups, I think this has to do with the players growing and learning to be consistent. They need to keep their heads in the game and not let up when they feel they have a comfortable lead. If they can learn to not over think the game or try too hard and start playing in an unnatural way then they can really be a good basketball team. I agree with King-Henry too though, they need a closer badly. When the game is as close as a lot of these games are at the end, we need someone who does work under pressure and can knock down that extra basket we need to keep the lead from slipping away.

vCash
    It's part of being a young team. They need a couple veterans on board to help them win games late.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    For me, learning to win those close games comes down to two glaring statistical deficiencies. Blame could be laid on both the coach or individual player discipline.
    1. They rank 27th of 30 teams in FT% at .709. Real good way to lose tight games if they ain't taking advantage of free points.

2. Team turnover differential is still +2.1. which ranks them at the bottom ~28th of 30 teams. Can't take care of the rock when it counts, they gonna keep losing the nail-biters. All info is on ESPN NBA league stats pages.

They pretty middling in other categories, so any improvement in the above, then we should see a few W's and likely a substantial winning streak in there.
    Offseason To Do List:
    1. Make an offseason to do list.
    2. Get some tips on the ladies from Clark the Cub.
    3. P90X with Prince Fielder.
    4. Compile top ten list of top ten G.O.A.T. top ten lists.

That Ain't No Bat. That A Kickstand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todu82 View Post
    It's part of being a young team. They need a couple veterans on board to help them win games late.
    I agree. This team is a lot closer to being a really good team than many may think. I believe were we to add another veteran or two, we're a playoff team. Give the young guys on the roster a chance to develop and we're a top 4 seed. I truly don't think it's the coaching. We have a coach that players like to play for, who isn't causing a rift in the locker room and who knows his x's and o's. Unless you go out and get Lebron and Bosh in the off season, it takes a few years for a team to go from bad to good. We're on our way there.

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast