Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Does anyone think...

That Harden travels alot when he drives to the basket?

Last night he made a nice drive to the basket but he also made a huge and obvious extended travel before he shot the ball.

I am not sure if I am just seeing things but I have watched some Rockets games this year and he seems to travel alot when he drives into the paint and it seems ridiculously obvious to me.

Most other star wings also travel occasionally on the perimeter and in the painted area but they tend to do it in such a minor way that it is barely noticeable while Harden seems to just pick up the ball at times and running back it straight through the defense.

Dunno just wanted to see if anyone else noticed that or maybe I am just seeing things.

vCash
    Kobe, Rose, Wade, LeBron travel more than Harden.

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Shoot I'd even put up Glen Rice and Mitch Richmond in their prime at or slightly better than James. Even Glenn Robinson who is a forgotten beast.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveMeOrHateMe View Post
    Kobe GOAT LOL
    ^Finally got one.

vCash
    YES!

no one listens to me, it drives me CRAZY. the guy cant drive AT ALL without traveling. And he's really arrogant about it, getting all macho after making layups that he took 3 long strides on

thank you man thank you he's the worst. I think he's worse then Lebron imo because it's so slow to make it even more obvious. He takes a lot of 4-5 steppers too where he'll start running then euro step??

[I]Originally Posted by mightybosstone:

I would argue that Harden is a much better player offensively today than Kobe was in those years he played with Shaq...
    Howard is also a better defensive center today than Shaq ever was.

vCash
    Lebron James travels more than pilots

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Traveling has been a problem in the NBA since the 80's (perhaps even longer, but that's when I started watching). Jordan was notorious for traveling. But the fans like to see guy cutting to the basket for dunks, so the league gives the fan what it wants. It's like in baseball when so many guys were on steroids, but they were hitting lots of home runs, the league just turned a blind eye and allowed it to happen because it helped ratings, and they were desperate to get fans back after the season the strike ate up.

The league/Stern has been making things easier for wing players since the Dr. J/Jordan era, because those are the guys the fans like to see. They loosen the calls on traveling and takes away hand checking to open things up.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

vCash
    Most superstars travel

vCash
    Harden takes mini-steps to get his feet right to do his "move" to the rim. He travels constantly. He also switches his pivot foot more than most.

So yes, he travels all the time. He and Kobe switch their pivot foot more than any other players in the league.

vCash
    Do you really want the game to be slow down that much?

vCash
    everyone does

Have you seen the looks on these guys faces during international competitions when they get called for travel?

vCash
    He wants us to say Wade>Harden. Thats why he made the thread. Every superstar travels.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23
    He wants us to say Wade>Harden.
    No one mentioned Wade and most people think Harden is better now anyway.
    Go Troll another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Do you really want the game to be slow down that much?
    No I don't however it takes away from the legitimacy of the game if they don't enforce the rules to a certain standard.
    They can't allow players to consistently travel in an obvious manner and not do anything.

vCash
    yes, he does.

vCash
    What do you expect, most of them have no shool education or basketball fundamentals, just straight up street play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post

No I don't however it takes away from the legitimacy of the game if they don't enforce the rules to a certain standard.
    They can't allow players to consistently travel in an obvious manner and not do anything.
    totally agree with the bolded but cmon man... that all ended when the ABA and NBA were combined because it all became about entertainment...

the NBA sucked in the 70s... The ABA was a free for all and very entertaining. The merger incorporated alot of the no calls (ie palming, traveling, moving picks) we see today.

This is why comparing players across era's is a waste of time

Watch an NBA game today and tell me you can't find at least 60 violations between the three areas above ... it is impossible...

To answer your original question... of course he does... he is even probably worse than most SG's but what really makes it obvious is that his move are very slow and deliberative vs others...

dude looks like he is moving in mud at times...

vCash
    Yes he travels in every game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast