Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    745
    vCash
    1500
    Why doesn't JJ just fire Jason, hire Gruden, and be done with it?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,090
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ragman View Post
    Why doesn't JJ just fire Jason, hire Gruden, and be done with it?
    Because he'd have to pay Garrett then
    Dallas Mavericks 2010-11 NBA CHAMPIONS
    Dirk Nowitzki 2010-2011 Finals MVP

    Texas Rangers 2010, 2011 AL West & AL Champions

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    23,432
    vCash
    1500
    Jerry has completely neutered Garrett. The OC you hired BEFORE your last HC, then made him HC, now removing him from play calling? It's as close to firing as you can get.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,660
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Jerry has completely neutered Garrett. The OC you hired BEFORE your last HC, then made him HC, now removing him from play calling? It's as close to firing as you can get.
    Exactly.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,506
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Jerry has completely neutered Garrett. The OC you hired BEFORE your last HC, then made him HC, now removing him from play calling? It's as close to firing as you can get.
    this.

    and, you can see either things work out and everyone is happy, or there is a package deal where garrett and callahan get the shove out of the door and in steps mr gruden after 2013 - gruden is allowed to pick his own OC as there is likely no way that he would agree to come here without SOME say in his coaching staff

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,986
    vCash
    1684
    ^^ and if Gruden comes in next year we will have a full season under our belt in the new defense.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NE Penna (God's Country)
    Posts
    26,506
    vCash
    1500
    exactly

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    I am very surprised to see so many people upset that Jerry finally stripped Garrett of the ability to run our offense into the ground for another season...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,850
    vCash
    2000
    if these team fails, you think garrett will be the only one that gets the axe>?

    if we fail, then either the defense was horrible, then kiffin is gone to, or the offense was horrible, then callahan is gone to.

    gruden has been out of the league for like 5 years. ed werner said that the thought of the cowboys going after gruden is "ridicilous" per espn.

    i honestly think there is no way gruden coaches the cowboys. and would be shocked, disgusted, and dissappointed if he did.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    9,850
    vCash
    2000
    Quote Originally Posted by baazinakon View Post
    I am very surprised to see so many people upset that Jerry finally stripped Garrett of the ability to run our offense into the ground for another season...
    garrett did an ok job. i still wanted him to not call the plays. thats to much for any coach. no coaches does that now.

    im dissappointed in the way it was handled.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    552
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    if these team fails, you think garrett will be the only one that gets the axe>?

    if we fail, then either the defense was horrible, then kiffin is gone to, or the offense was horrible, then callahan is gone to.

    gruden has been out of the league for like 5 years. ed werner said that the thought of the cowboys going after gruden is "ridicilous" per espn.

    i honestly think there is no way gruden coaches the cowboys. and would be shocked, disgusted, and dissappointed if he did.
    Highly doubtful Kiffin gets the axe the first year implementing a system while still requiring the players necessary to make said system work.

    Callahan may get the axe, but that would be up to Gruden. I do expect significant change, not just in production but in style from a Garrett run, controlled and designed offense.

    Ed was also the one to say that with Kiffin's hiring Spencer is going to be allowed to walk, however we are now in talks with Spencer.

    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    garrett did an ok job. i still wanted him to not call the plays. thats to much for any coach. no coaches does that now.

    im dissappointed in the way it was handled.
    He did ok early on and has been mediocre at best since then. He is a Princeton grad, who is an "offensive guru" and essentially demanded that he retain play calling duties. He wasn't a good OC then he became HC and did both poorly. Sean Payton is HC and OC for the Saints. Not sure if he is the only HC and OC/DC but he is the one that comes to mind.

    It could have been handled better, but Garrett put himself and JJ in a bad position when he spoke up so quickly saying that he doesn't want to give up play calling duties.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,852
    vCash
    1500
    I've always wanted Gruden, but i want the Gruden who doesn't have Jones pulling the strings.

    "
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •