Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Could JJ be attempting to push Garrett out?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...alling-duties/

Since the hiring of Monte Kiffin coming out of nowhere and not really matching this teams current set of skill players, and after reading this article I'm becoming more intrigued into the idea that maybe JJ is gonna try to get JG out and go after Gruden? Monte might be a great chip into luring Gruden to come back to coaching. Obviously, this is an idea that's probably too ingenious for JJ to come up with, but if the hiring of Kiffin leads to this I wouldn't be as upset as I initially was after the Kiffin signing. But if we keep Garrett and Kiffin runs the defense I fear an even worse season for Cowboys next year.... What you guys think?

vCash
    We been discussing this in the "New OC" thread...

vCash
    yes

"
    No Idea Why Ines Sainz Was Her assed"

vCash
    These are all just unfounded rumors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    These are all just unfounded rumors.
    I understand that, but hiring Kiffin has to have a greater meaning. Our skill players do not fit this scheme whatsoever outside of Sean Lee. A great tampa 2 scheme needs a DT that commands double teams, a weak side backer that can cover the field, and a ball hawk safety who can make plays (none of the 3 do we have....)If we keep garrett and run the same predictable offensive scheme paired with this tampa 2 style. I fear we will take a step back next season, JJ is pretty stupid but I hope not this stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney2424 View Post
    I understand that, but hiring Kiffin has to have a greater meaning. Our skill players do not fit this scheme whatsoever outside of Sean Lee. A great tampa 2 scheme needs a DT that commands double teams, a weak side backer that can cover the field, and a ball hawk safety who can make plays (none of the 3 do we have....)If we keep garrett and run the same predictable offensive scheme paired with this tampa 2 style. I fear we will take a step back next season, JJ is pretty stupid but I hope not this stupid.
    First off it's January. Bruce Carter will be fine playing WLB. They can upgrade the DT and Safety position in Draft/FA.

vCash
    It's no secret JJ is a fan of Gruden, and Kiffin was his DC. They did win a Superbowl together.

I'm not saying that this is what's happening but I think the pieces of the puzzle are in place where if JJ is not satisfied with JG after next season, Gruden can walk in and have a somewhat of a comfort zone with Kiffin and his tampa 2 already in place for a season.

vCash
    I'm still waiting to see some rumors about who they may be bringing in to run the offense. I don't see JG calling plays next season, I believeJJ is serious about stirring the pot for 2013. I just hope that it's not Sporano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Austin View Post
    First off it's January. Bruce Carter will be fine playing WLB. They can upgrade the DT and Safety position in Draft/FA.
    These playmaking DTs and safeties do not come a dime a dozen man... We have been looking for a playmaking safety for a decade now.. You act like we can find both these guys in one offseason and that Carter will transition smoothly into a totally new position. This is exactly what's wrong with Cowboys fans.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The manster View Post
    I'm still waiting to see some rumors about who they may be bringing in to run the offense. I don't see JG calling plays next season, I believeJJ is serious about stirring the pot for 2013. I just hope that it's not Sporano.
    I tend to disagree on that Sparano note.. Granted he had a terrible stay in NY, but I think the quickest way to fix the Cowboys is by committing heavily to the running game. We all know Murray is the real deal ( injuries are what has held him back) but say we draft a guy such as Monte Ball? And have the two featured in a run heavy scheme, that would take the pressure off of Romo, open up the play action passing game, and the middle of the field for #82. Any legitimate Cowboys fan realizes Romo cannot win big games himself, but a successful running game aided by his play making ability could turn the tide for this Cowboys roster. This has been the number 1 issue I have had with Garrett over the years he has yet to realize that running the football would greatly benefit this team. We need this type of OC a guy who will commit to running the ball and presenting a physical smash mouth style of football. I cannot handle another season of JG calling the offense, I've seen and witnessed to much to believe in any progress.

vCash
    These playmaking DTs and safeties do not come a dime a dozen man... We have been looking for a playmaking safety for a decade now.. You act like we can find both these guys in one offseason and that Carter will transition smoothly into a totally new position. This is exactly what's wrong with Cowboys fans.
    Yes, I understand that Bruce Carter will be playing a different position. But he's a tremendous athlete with great speed for a linebacker. You're acting like every position has to be a playmaker which obviously would be nice. However, in reality that's not the case. I never said playmaker but I did said "upgrade" that doesn't mean that player will be a pro-bowl caliber player, but would be a better player then what we have this year.

vCash
    i disagree completely. We have 2 of those, Carter and Ratliff (if healthy) also not sure if you have checked out Hatchers PFF ratings. He was 4th highest rated 3-4 DE in front of Justin Smith per PFF. His disruption was evident.

With Hatcher and a healthy Ratliff you have a very talented 1-2 punch. Carter is one of, if not the most athletic LB in the NFL. He will fit better as a WILB than a 3-4 ILB, IMO. He might even be better as a Mike than Lee in this system.

Also just to clarify, the Tampa 2 turns into a 3 deep, 4 under, 4 man rush alignment because the Mike LB covers the inside seems. So it turns into a Cover 3 using the MLB to drop into more coverage. I can see how Kiffin could use some exotic scheme to sub Barry Church or more notably T.J. McDonald as the Mike.

The Cover 2, would rely more on a "playmaking FS" as you stated. Not the Tampa 2, which requires more versatile LB's... Which would obviously make our personnel perfect for the switch.

You do remember who Ratliff is correct? He will have a huge year next year if healthy. This is exactly the type of scheme that he is built for.

This is the perfect Defense currently for our Personnel. However, we do need to find a FS or have Matt Johnson turn into a player. We also need to find a "Sam".

3-4 immediate needs: NT/DE/FS
    4-3 immediate needs: FS/SLB
    Last edited by bhooks80; 01-13-2013 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    Didnt Carter already play outside in college and the cowboys converted him to the middle? Going back outside would actually be his natural position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bhooks80 View Post
    i disagree completely. We have 2 of those, Carter and Ratliff (if healthy) also not sure if you have checked out Hatchers PFF ratings. He was 4th highest rated 3-4 DE in front of Justin Smith per PFF. His disruption was evident.

With Hatcher and a healthy Ratliff you have a very talented 1-2 punch. Carter is one of, if not the most athletic LB in the NFL. He will fit better as a WILB than a 3-4 ILB, IMO. He might even be better as a Mike than Lee in this system.

Also just to clarify, the Tampa 2 turns into a 3 deep, 4 under, 4 man rush alignment because the Mike LB covers the inside seems. So it turns into a Cover 3 using the MLB to drop into more coverage. I can see how Kiffin could use some exotic scheme to sub Barry Church or more notably T.J. McDonald as the Mike.

The Cover 2, would rely more on a "playmaking FS" as you stated. Not the Tampa 2, which requires more versatile LB's... Which would obviously make our personnel perfect for the switch.

You do remember who Ratliff is correct? He will have a huge year next year if healthy. This is exactly the type of scheme that he is built for.

This is the perfect Defense currently for our Personnel. However, we do need to find a FS or have Matt Johnson turn into a player. We also need to find a "Sam".

3-4 immediate needs: NT/DE/FS
    4-3 immediate needs: FS/SLB
    This.

But we could still upgrade the DE position.

vCash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast