Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I will add though he does remind me a little of Dirk (not just because he is European). It has more to do to his shot and release. Dirk was pretty raw too....

I'll change my mind, i'd take a flyer on him outside the top 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsORless View Post
    Good so we have watched the same video..... With that being established, i would not touch him in the lottery. He seems like a great kid, young (one of the few things going for him, and tall. But thats where the positives end. He is super thin (getting backed down by a similar sized white guy) and his shot didn't look all that great. Again i wouldn't mind picking him but if we picked him in the top 20 i'd be pretty ticked.
    I definitely agree that if the Lakers pick is a top 10 pick we should take the best available player. Hell if somehow we managed to get that pick from OKC or another top 5 pick taking Mclemore and Shabazz . Odds are that LA's pick is in that 10-14 range though which means he would not be a bad pick at that position. I'll tell you one thing though I doubt he disappoints as much as Marshall. But you do make some valid points about his jump shot and his weight and frame. Look at KD's frame though he makes it work and boy does he. He needs to add a fadeaway or some other kind of post move because all of his post moves are jump hooks which is fine when he is playing in europe but with the talent in the U.S. that will get blocked every single time. But again, just like Shabazz, the areas he needs improvement on can be coached while character, values and heart can't. Plus he is a 6'10'' SF with a 7 foot wing span and he IS NOT a tweener(FINALLY).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    I definitely agree that if the Lakers pick is a top 10 pick we should take the best available player. Hell if somehow we managed to get that pick from OKC or another top 5 pick taking Mclemore and Shabazz . Odds are that LA's pick is in that 10-14 range though which means he would not be a bad pick at that position. I'll tell you one thing though I doubt he disappoints as much as Marshall. But you do make some valid points about his jump shot and his weight and frame. Look at KD's frame though he makes it work and boy does he. He needs to add a fadeaway or some other kind of post move because all of his post moves are jump hooks which is fine when he is playing in europe but with the talent in the U.S. that will get blocked every single time. But again, just like Shabazz, the areas he needs improvement on can be coached while character, values and heart can't. Plus he is a 6'10'' SF with a 7 foot wing span and he IS NOT a tweener(FINALLY).
    Like i said outside the top 10 i'd be ok taking a flyer on him because this draft isn't very deep especially with American players. Outside the top 3 (Shabazz, Mclemore, Noel) there really are no great players. Kevin Durant is a terrible comparison to make outside body type. Lol Kevin Durant has one of the best shots in the NBA. If Dario could develop a shot like KD, you'd be one happy owner/Coach/GM.

But Obviously if the Suns had two top 5 picks, we'd be ecstatic.

vCash
    Imagine we were able to snag the top 2 picks? Draft Shabazz and Noel and pray both don't become busts.

vCash
    I wouldn't call mcadoo a tweeter. To me, he's the prototypical 4 man. He's 6-9, long arms, rebounds and has a good midrange game. He might be a disappointment but he's no tweeter. If he could just be a little more consistent then he'd be a worthy top 3 pick.
    Last edited by Huntey; 01-22-2013 at 03:57 PM.

vCash
    Like i said outside the top 10 i'd be ok taking a flyer on him because this draft isn't very deep especially with American players. Outside the top 3 (Shabazz, Mclemore, Noel) there really are no great players. Kevin Durant is a terrible comparison to make outside body type. Lol Kevin Durant has one of the best shots in the NBA. If Dario could develop a shot like KD, you'd be one happy owner/Coach/GM.

But Obviously if the Suns had two top 5 picks, we'd be ecstatic.
    We were just comparing body types. You said he looked to skinny or something like that and I was just saying that long skinny players have made it. The frame is not a concern as long as he can ball .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPHX View Post
    Agreed. Draft is more top heavy if anything. Package Gortat and the Lakers 1st (assuming we get it) and make a move to get two of the top prospects. Aggresive strategy, maybe wishful thinking given this inept front office.
    That would be ideal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    People always say the draft is weak around this time of the year. Then come draft time, everyone says how its one of the best drafts ever and everything.
    Not the people who know what they are talking about.

Drafts can be weak or strong, deep or shallow. The 2013 Draft appears to be shallow. That doesn't mean that there are no quality prospects (which would be described as a weak draft); it means that past the top few prospects there doesn’t appear to be many players who’ll succeed at an NBA level.
    Last edited by Bishnoff; 01-22-2013 at 06:44 PM.

vCash
    I agree Bish,

Outside the top 4-5 guys the talent and readiness drops. If you land 2 of the top 4-5 picks, you'll have a great draft. One inside the top 5 and one outside the top 5, it'll be an average draft. You'll get one potentially great player and maybe just a role player.

vCash
    Lakers lose again...

vCash
    Chad Ford thinks our best fit is Ben McLemore.

Best fit: No one is rising faster or higher than McLemore right now, and he looks like a perfect fit for the Suns team. His elite athletic ability, shooting prowess and ability to get to the basket off the bounce, as well as his ability to cause problems for players with his defensive abilities really gives them a player they desperately need who doesn't really duplicate anyone they have on their roster.

vCash

Best fit: No one is rising faster or higher than McLemore right now, and he looks like a perfect fit for the Suns team. His elite athletic ability, shooting prowess and ability to get to the basket off the bounce, as well as his ability to cause problems for players with his defensive abilities really gives them a player they desperately need who doesn't really duplicate anyone they have on their roster.

Very interesting. We need to get a top 3 pick this year. I wouldn't be upset with any of Shabazz, Ben, or Noel

vCash

I still prefer Shabazz He's much better than McLemore at creating his own shot off the dribble. Shabazz would be more compatible with Dragic (who is more of a score-first PG).
    Last edited by Bishnoff; 01-30-2013 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I still prefer Shabazz He's much better than McLemore at creating his own shot off the dribble. Shabazz would be more compatible with Dragic (who is more of a score-first PG).
    Idk about that. I think they are 1a and 1b in my book with Noel as 2nd. Scouts are starting to wonder if Shabazz' potential is leveling off a bit where as Mclemore is just scratching the surface.

Another name that is starting to interest me is Bennett. He is very talented.

vCash
    Idk about that. I think they are 1a and 1b in my book with Noel as 2nd. Scouts are starting to wonder if Shabazz' potential is leveling off a bit where as Mclemore is just scratching the surface.

Another name that is starting to interest me is Bennett. He is very talented.
    Where did you read the bolded? Shabazz's numbers have been better than McLemore's over the last 5 games.

Bennett is another guy (Noel and Zeller being the others out of the top prospects) who I have my doubts about at the next level (NBA). The only sure bets are Shabazz and McLemore IMO.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast