Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    I swear the Suns are cursed, stupid Blazers can't even beat the Wizards...
    Which is actually a good thing lol. Lakers are imploding so they will take care of themselves what we really need is the other threats for the #1 pick to start winning. Those teams are the Wizards, Bobcats, Cavaliers and Hornets which in fact are starting to pick up steam.

vCash
    I swear the Suns are cursed, stupid Blazers can't even beat the Wizards...
    Wizards wins are good for us, even against the Blazers. I doubt that Portland will finish below us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdm692 View Post
    Which is actually a good thing lol. Lakers are imploding so they will take care of themselves what we really need is the other threats for the #1 pick to start winning. Those teams are the Wizards, Bobcats, Cavaliers and Hornets which in fact are starting to pick up steam.
    Exactly.

vCash
    Idk. When you have that much talent, its hard not to think that they could turn it around in a second. If this losing trend continues through the All Star break then I can breathe a little easier.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    We need as many teams ahead of the Lakers as possible so that we can get a better pick from the Lakers.

I understand what you are saying but I'm saying that we need teams like Minnesota, Portland, Dallas, Sacramento to start winning more so that the Lakers pick will get into the top 10.

Imagine having two top 10 picks in the draft...

vCash
    ^But typical suns luck, no superstars. We're literally on the same level as Bad Luck Brian
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    The reason why I don't worry about the Lakers is their schedule. They have a gruesome 6 game road trip to start the month of February with stops in BOS, BKN, MIN and MIA. They also play DET and CHA which they should win but DET has been surprising opponents all season long.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule

I see them going .500 for their remaining games which would certainly keep them out of the playoffs. Hell the last 5 games of Jan are @ MEM, vs UTA, vs OKC, vs NOH, and @ PHX. Out of those games I can see them winning 2 at most, which are vs UTA and @ PHX.

vCash
    We need as many teams ahead of the Lakers as possible so that we can get a better pick from the Lakers.

I understand what you are saying but I'm saying that we need teams like Minnesota, Portland, Dallas, Sacramento to start winning more so that the Lakers pick will get into the top 10.

Imagine having two top 10 picks in the draft...
    I'd rather improve our pick so that we have a better shot at one of the top prospects (Shabazz, Noel, McLemore, and Zeller to a lesser degree) than have two picks between 5 and 10. This draft isn't very deep.

vCash
    Agreed. Draft is more top heavy if anything. Package Gortat and the Lakers 1st (assuming we get it) and make a move to get two of the top prospects. Aggresive strategy, maybe wishful thinking given this inept front office.
    I Heart Kimmi Smiles

Support Her!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishnoff View Post
    I'd rather improve our pick so that we have a better shot at one of the top prospects (Shabazz, Noel, McLemore, and Zeller to a lesser degree) than have two picks between 5 and 10. This draft isn't very deep.
    Indeed. Do everything in our power to acquire Shabazz with our pick. Draft Dario Saric or Rudy Gobert with the Lakers pick. With the pick we get from Minny draft a player as a "project" like say LeBryan Nash or Jeff Withey. With the 2nd round picks we are going to have Doug Mcdermot or Solomon Hill would be good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPHX View Post
    Agreed. Draft is more top heavy if anything. Package Gortat and the Lakers 1st (assuming we get it) and make a move to get two of the top prospects. Aggresive strategy, maybe wishful thinking given this inept front office.
    Yeah I suggested this before. The thing is that the other teams in the top 5 have a need at the C position(CLE, WAS, CHA) so if perhaps they bite.

vCash
    People always say the draft is weak around this time of the year. Then come draft time, everyone says how its one of the best drafts ever and everything.

vCash
    The perfect draft for the Phoenix Suns, IMO, would be Shabazz with our pick and Dario with the Lakers pick. Yes I know I haven't shut up about him in the past couple weeks but seeing the big picture it is a perfect fit for the Suns and for the players. IMO if we drafted those 2 our wings would be locked in for the next decade.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Muhammad-6270/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dario-Saric-5706/

Numbers from Saric aren't really impressive but having 2 willing defenders with a wingspan of 7 ft each would be great for us. Additionally Shabazz is more of an attack the rim, hustle 100% and be a leader type player with the only area where he could use improvement is his jumpshot. Dario is more of a jump shooter and a very good, yet underrated, passer. If you see the areas where each of the players exceed you can see that those exact areas are the areas that you can say are a weakness of the other player.

Regardless of what happens I just hope the FO doesn't **** it up.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPIjdCeg_24

After seeing some of his interviews I'm definitely sold on him. He seems like a hard worker who has all his priorities straight and won't bring drama to the team. Basically he just wants to play ball.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqpjnuUvqQ

The video shows how good of a passer he is.
    Last edited by mdm692; 01-22-2013 at 02:52 AM.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPIjdCeg_24

After seeing some of his interviews I'm definitely sold on him. He seems like a hard worker who has all his priorities straight and won't bring drama to the team. Basically he just wants to play ball.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqpjnuUvqQ

The video shows how good of a passer he is.
    Good so we have watched the same video..... With that being established, i would not touch him in the lottery. He seems like a great kid, young (one of the few things going for him, and tall. But thats where the positives end. He is super thin (getting backed down by a similar sized white guy) and his shot didn't look all that great. Again i wouldn't mind picking him but if we picked him in the top 20 i'd be pretty ticked.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast