Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amare = T-Mac?

vCash

Amare = T-Mac?

The decline in their careers has been erringly similar.

As a Knick fan, it's depressing, but I wanted other fans opinions on this.

T-Mac and Amare were both top 10 players. And around 28-30, injuries began to decimate their careers after about ten years in the league of being high flyers.

For Amare, it's been his back and knees.

He's been back about six games now and he looks rusty but just doesn't look the same anymore.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but my hope is probably like a Rockets fan hope in 2009 that McGrady would return to promenience.

It's amazing because just two years ago Amare was a MVP candidate. Just like two years prior to McGradys decline he led a 22 game win steak. And injuries killed them in such a short time frame.

Sadly Melo may never have that high scoring superstar next to him in NY, just a defensive minded one in Chandler.

The same high school to pros story may end the same. Injuries killed their careers.
    Last edited by NYSpirit1; 01-13-2013 at 02:20 PM.

vCash
    Amare=K-Mart

vCash
    As Bucks fan we been there before with Redd huge contract and injured for the most part of his max contract. But we did draft him as a second rounder and was cheap for a while. Bogut held our cap hostage as well with freak injuries

vCash
    Knee injuries are just lingering career enders.

vCash
    I know he has only played a few games but he looks no where near half of what he was. I don't really see him being the same. I can see him as a 15ppg player, but with that no defense, not that impressive.

I hope I'm wrong.
    My team, my city.

vCash
    I will give him a couple of more weeks before i pass judgement on him.

vCash
    TMac was away better than Amar'e.

vCash
    Can knick fans finally admit Joe Johnson > Amare?

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The decline in their careers has been erringly similar.

As a Knick fan, it's depressing, but I wanted other fans opinions on this.

T-Mac and Amare were both top 10 players. And around 28-30, injuries began to decimate their careers after about ten years in the league of being high flyers.

For Amare, it's been his back and knees.

He's been back about six games now and he looks rusty but just doesn't look the same anymore.

I'm hoping this isn't the case, but my hope is probably like a Rockets fan hope in 2009 that McGrady would return to promenience.

It's amazing because just two years ago Amare was a MVP candidate. Just like two years prior to McGradys decline he led a 22 game win steak. And injuries killed them in such a short time frame.

Sadly Melo may never have that high scoring superstar next to him in NY, just a defensive minded one in Chandler.

The same high school to pros story may end the same. Injuries killed their careers.
    Chandler is a superstar? oh. my.god

The new era begins here...bring it home Deron bring that trophy home

vCash
    Too early to say.

vCash
    I guess you can say they both have health issues in their peaks, that's similar. Tmac was better than Amare ever has been for the most part.

vCash
    Well T-Mac and Amare were never on the same lvl when you consider both their peaks but I get gist of what your saying. That's always been the deal though when you have lingering injuries it's hard to have the same impact.

All of a sudden all 8 of these teams are supposed to be better than the Heat according to this guy. LeBron is a void but him leaving does not make the Heat fall out of the playoff race in the east smh

Quote Originally Posted by DR_1 View Post
    Bulls, Cavs, Raptors, Wizards, Hornets, Hawks. Maybe Pacers and Nets too.

vCash
    NYSpirit still starting ridiculous threads as usual.

2 seasons ago Amare played amazing in NY and he was the talk of the town.

Last season he had season ending type of injuries in a shortened season and his brother got killed. Of course he had a crappy year as everyone knows.

Now he's back after his injuries and has played 6 games and you criticize his game for not being at an all star level anymore. LOL What a joke. No player just returns to their previous form after missing 8 months of NBA play. He needs at least a few more weeks or maybe even months to return to form.

People in here are so quick to bash athletes. It's not a video game. Our players just don't refill their health meter and play at 100% after injuries.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Too early to say.
    This. For god sakes what has he been back for 8 games? At the Most. Lol terrible thread again.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jevans22 View Post
    TMac was away better than Amar'e.
    While he was better I don't think your being fair to how dominat amare was in phoneix and his first year in ny
    3 time sim league Champion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast