Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • The PBS (Power Blocking Scheme)

50 87.72%
  • The ZBS (Zone Blocking Scheme)

7 12.28%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Calling McFadden a bust is equivalent to calling Reggie Bush a bust........you could but.........not really.
    Here's an example of a bust:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...ki-jana-carter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Considering the average career span of an NFL runningback, the draft pick and money invested in him, McFadden in my opinion is a bust. The Raiders invested in a player with Adrian Peterson type production expectations who has yielded Harvey Williams performance.

The Raiders drafted Justin Fargas in the 3rd round, compare Huggy Bear's kid and McFadden. Numbers don't lie.
    One question. If DMC is a "bust" as you state, why is he still on a team?

Your just throwing words around at this point.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    Considering the average career span of an NFL runningback, the draft pick and money invested in him, McFadden in my opinion is a bust. The Raiders invested in a player with Adrian Peterson type production expectations who has yielded Harvey Williams performance.

The Raiders drafted Justin Fargas in the 3rd round, compare Huggy Bear's kid and McFadden. Numbers don't lie.
    And with all due respect, I checked out Fargas' numbers.
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????????????????????????????????????
    DMC's numbers are three times better in two less years...........................................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NavajoRaiderfan View Post
    One question. If DMC is a "bust" as you state, why is he still on a team?

Your just throwing words around at this point.
    What would you call him?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart1 View Post
    And with all due respect, I checked out Fargas' numbers.
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????????????????????????????????????
    DMC's numbers are three times better in two less years...........................................
    Their stats are comparable. Fargas has 12 less career starts.

vCash
    What would you call him?

Their stats are comparable. Fargas has 12 less career starts.
    rushing yards, yeah..........but you forgot about receiving yards.

a bust is someone who never proved he could play at a high in the league for a whole year. DMC has done that. He's not a great running back, that's all.

vCash
    ^ im sorry but when has dmac played a whole year? he has shown flashs of talent but the guy has only borken 1000 yards once in his time in the league. he hasnt even got close to double digit touchdowns. He isnt even a reliable Rb at this point. I like the kid to a wish he could do it but i just feel at this point he isnt going to be a answer for us.

Oakland Raiders
    Boston Celtics Roll tide

vCash
    rushing yards, yeah..........but you forgot about receiving yards.

a bust is someone who never proved he could play at a high in the league for a whole year. DMC has done that. He's not a great running back, that's all.

LOL...

He's a bust by your definition Lololololol....

He has not played a full year

And he has not put up a single season worthy of top five consideration or warranting his draft position and salary. He's a bust...by my definition, and yours.

I'll bet any Raider fan a sig bet if we poll he's a bust in the NFL forum...the consensus among rational human beings is he is a bust.

vCash
    McFadden always "needs" something. I am tired of all the excuses, he is a poor mans Napoleon Kaufman, but Kaufman had grit, he was just too small. McFadden is a bust.
    Please put the crack pipe down and get help!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Please put the crack pipe down and get help!
    LoL, I am not sure if there was anything wrong with my assessment of McFadden, certainly those that buy into the myth are more apt to be influenced by narcotics than those that do not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersteve View Post
    I'be been saying it for 3 seasons and will say it again next year. Toothpicks will have turftoe by week 8 and Reese will show him how it is done. Hopefully that guy gets a big bonus. The only one that earned it at times.
    Reece showed D M how it was done?

Minor statistical differences over that short of a time are hardly that.

Just admit you don't like DM but don't cloak it in analysis you intend to be taken seriously when it never will be.

Just say you don't like the guy OK?

vCash
    LoL, I am not sure if there was anything wrong with my assessment of McFadden, certainly those that buy into the myth are more apt to be influenced by narcotics than those that do not.
    Huh?

I guess nobody told you he played in 12 games this year which is on par with many NFL backs.

They must not have told you its a team game too and our entire rushing attack stunk this year.

If you want to tell me the coaches didn't do a good job of evaluating what scheme to build around him I will buy that.

Saying hes a bust only makes you look "football" dumb.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raider77 View Post
    ^ im sorry but when has dmac played a whole year? he has shown flashs of talent but the guy has only borken 1000 yards once in his time in the league. he hasnt even got close to double digit touchdowns. He isnt even a reliable Rb at this point. I like the kid to a wish he could do it but i just feel at this point he isnt going to be a answer for us.
    I remember in the 90's when a Cowboy friend of mine said that about both Mike Sherrard and Jimmy Smith.

Both of them had injury concerns early in their careers and panned out quite well.

vCash
    Calling McFadden a bust is equivalent to calling Reggie Bush a bust........you could but.........not really.
    Here's an example of a bust:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...ki-jana-carter
    Lots of fans throw that term around just so they sound sophisticated.

The word has lost its meaning IMO and is way over used.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjunior559 View Post
    Yea i would definitely be down for this! If Palmer gets cut that is(and we bring in the right offensive coordinator and players to properly implement Pistol formations along with the PBS)...
    If CP is cut?

Did you actually say "cut"?

vCash

Football Dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Swami View Post
    Huh?

I guess nobody told you he played in 12 games this year which is on par with many NFL backs.

They must not have told you its a team game too and our entire rushing attack stunk this year.

If you want to tell me the coaches didn't do a good job of evaluating what scheme to build around him I will buy that.

Saying hes a bust only makes you look "football" dumb.
    Football dumb?

McFadden was drafted in 2008 with the 4th pick. He was then promptly inked for 6 yr $60 million. Which makes him the second highest paid runningback in the league behind Adrian Peterson. When the Raiders signed him he was hyped as the most complete Raider runningback since Marcus Allen.

McFadden has averaged 666 yards rushing, 289 yards receiving and 3.6 TD's per season as the second highest paid runningback in the NFL. Scheme has nothing to do with it, even in 2011 when he looked pretty impressive at times he couldn't stay healthy. If I am football dumb for labeling him a bust based on how upside down the Raiders are in terms of what they pay him and the production it nets, so be it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast