Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: What scheme best fits the Raiders for the future

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • The PBS (Power Blocking Scheme)

    50 87.72%
  • The ZBS (Zone Blocking Scheme)

    7 12.28%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 120
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    McKinleyville, CA. (AKA Humboldt, CA.)
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    Cool... Please explain why our team is built for PBS....

    1. Our WR's...DHB will be gone, Moore is a dropping machine, and very one wants a big red zone threat In Jennings (WCO)...LOL...fail

    2. Our OL...they are just as fit for ZBS and proved it when DMC went down and his backups performed. Wiz and Vel are athletic OL made for ZBS

    3. Our RB...if everyone in the NFL based performance off 6 games the Raider would win every SB. DMC had 6 games in PBS, two over 100, that's it.. He could not survive it and is not an every down back PERIOD! So what does that leave us as Bush left?

    4. Our QB...apparently you like INT's

    5. Our TE...no way this guy fits PBS, he's terrible in run blocking


    So again...other then the fact you guys all base our offensive scheme and future off 6 games and a RB who is not an every down back is beyond me.


    I could care less what we run, but saying we are built for that system is ********.


    Let me guess, you want Gruden back as well...the guy who ran WCO and ZBS lol
    The Raiders are built for the PBS because our shot caller, Carson Palmer, performs best in this system. Our Backup, Terelle Pryor will perform well in this system as well.

    1) Our WR's in the power scheme were balling. DHB had a breakout year the last season the PBS was run. He continued to show improvement. Denarious Moore had a Spectacular rookie season under the PBS. He gained the NFL's attention and respect under the PBS. I recall Jacoby Ford being a threat under the power blocking scheme as well.

    2) The Raiders finished as a top 10 offense in 2011 under the PBS. We switched to the ZBS last season. Statistics and performance dropped significantly. Switching to the ZBS was the biggest mistake that RM and Allen made. If you read between the lines, they readily admit their error. Greg Knapp's scheme caused us to lose Jospeh Barksdale, our RG of the future. Greg Knapp's scheme could have possibly cost us a starting RT in Bruce Campbell. If nothing else the ZBS caused massive depth concerns and left us with Mike Briesel and Khalif Barnes - two devestating underperformers starting on the offensive line.

    3) Darren McFadden was asked by Hue Jackson what scheme he preferred. McFadden answered with the PBS. When healthy he's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball. What current NFL team has an every down back? Even Adrian Peterson has Toby Gearhardt as his backup. All RB's must be spelled at one point during EVERY game. PERIOD!

    4) Our QB passed for over 4,000 yards with a chitty offensive coordinator calling a very vanilla and predictable game. Palmer is a class act, on and off the field. He's a veteran and the best QB we've had since Gannon. He's a classic pocket passer and will be our starter next season. We need to build an offensive line to protect him, not one in which he has to scramble. He'll win us more games using his head and his arm than he will with his legs.

    5) Funny how our TE that performed well this year was under the guidance of Al Saunders. As I recall Al Saunders ran a PBS as a senior assistant with Oakland, and that's the scheme he prefers. We have Richard Gordon who excels at blocking and would mesh perfectly with the PBS, as well as David Ausberry who could potentially be the starting TE if the Raiders are unable to sign Brandon Myers. Carson Palmer suggested a chemistry with Ausberry. Two former USC players playing catch.

    You not caring what scheme we run sounds like an excuse to accept failure. You're attempts at masking a deficiency is as vanilla as Greg Knapp's ZBS play calling.

    I enjoyed my time while Gruden was here, but he's a chapter in the past. I have all the confidence in Dennis Allen and Reggie Mckenzie. Afterall, this thread is structured around the best Interest of the Raiders organization going forward. Retarted? I think not.
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 01-13-2013 at 04:58 PM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PHOENIX AZ
    Posts
    2,361
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I simply prefer feeding dirty pigs meat and potatoes on the O-line. Raw power creating huge holes in the running game, and buying the QB time to pass. Each has their advantage, but I'd prefer to watch my running back being shifty over my o-line. I guess when it boils down to it, I prefer to watch a dirty powerful team over a finesse team. It's the Raider way.
    This....smash mouth football in the trenches....Veldheer and wiz are capable of this scheme....

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    PHOENIX AZ
    Posts
    2,361
    vCash
    1500
    also being able to run for 1st down on 3rd and one....by virtue of over powering the defense..

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    McKinleyville, CA. (AKA Humboldt, CA.)
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrown76 View Post
    also being able to run for 1st down on 3rd and one....by virtue of over powering the defense..
    You get my drift.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    9,774
    vCash
    1500
    Didn't work so well in the snow 11 years ago.

    -Stork

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    The Raiders are built for the PBS because our shot caller, Carson Palmer, performs best in this system. Our Backup, Terelle Pryor will perform well in this system as well.

    1) Our WR's in the power scheme were balling. DHB had a breakout year the last season the PBS was run. He continued to show improvement. Denarious Moore had a Spectacular rookie season under the PBS. He gained the NFL's attention and respect under the PBS. I recall Jacoby Ford being a threat under the power blocking scheme as well.

    2) The Raiders finished as a top 10 offense in 2011 under the PBS. We switched to the ZBS last season. Statistics and performance dropped significantly. Switching to the ZBS was the biggest mistake that RM and Allen made. If you read between the lines, they readily admit their error. Greg Knapp's scheme caused us to lose Jospeh Barksdale, our RG of the future. Greg Knapp's scheme could have possibly cost us a starting RT in Bruce Campbell. If nothing else the ZBS caused massive depth concerns and left us with Mike Briesel and Khalif Barnes - two devestating underperformers starting on the offensive line.

    3) Darren McFadden was asked by Hue Jackson what scheme he preferred. McFadden answered with the PBS. When healthy he's a homerun threat every time he touches the ball. What current NFL team has an every down back? Even Adrian Peterson has Toby Gearhardt as his backup. All RB's must be spelled at one point during EVERY game. PERIOD!

    4) Our QB passed for over 4,000 yards with a chitty offensive coordinator calling a very vanilla and predictable game. Palmer is a class act, on and off the field. He's a veteran and the best QB we've had since Gannon. He's a classic pocket passer and will be our starter next season. We need to build an offensive line to protect him, not one in which he has to scramble. He'll win us more games using his head and his arm than he will with his legs.

    5) Funny how our TE that performed well this year was under the guidance of Al Saunders. As I recall Al Saunders ran a PBS as a senior assistant with Oakland, and that's the scheme he prefers. We have Richard Gordon who excels at blocking and would mesh perfectly with the PBS, as well as David Ausberry who could potentially be the starting TE if the Raiders are unable to sign Brandon Myers. Carson Palmer suggested a chemistry with Ausberry. Two former USC players playing catch.

    You not caring what scheme we run sounds like an excuse to accept failure. You're attempts at masking a deficiency is as vanilla as Greg Knapp's ZBS play calling.

    I enjoyed my time while Gruden was here, but he's a chapter in the past. I have all the confidence in Dennis Allen and Reggie Mckenzie. Afterall, this thread is structured around the best Interest of the Raiders organization going forward. Retarted? I think not.
    DHB will be gone at 8 mil, leaving us Moore...fail Moore as the only WR threat in a downfield passing game is ********.

    Barksdale and BC? Eric? Is that you? Come on man...

    That still doesn't make DMC and every down back... Changing the offense for someone we cannot count on and building around him is ********. He no threat in a stretcher. I'll bet you a year on PSD he gets hurt next year...you in? Didnt think so....

    Not bad...I agree we need an OL to protect him, that's the only way he will survive. That doesn't change the int problem period. Gettig him in a rythm does. Setting up play action is more efficient at creating plays for him, not letting his ******** *** sling the ball all day. TP belongs nowhere near that offense...I won't even argue that, it would be stupid.

    So Myers was decent because of Al Saunders and that all of the sudden makes him good at blocking? Wtf dude?

    Yeah I don't care what we run, but I do not think we should run PBS or are built for it. I'd rather stay the course, and build a team that does not gamble on a QB and RB whom for their careers are proven losers. You don't build a team around losers.

    I'll sig bet anyone here... Palmer will get 15 INT's at least if we switch and DMC will get hurt.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sanger/Fresno, CA.
    Posts
    1,803
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of running a mix of the pistol offense in combinaton with the Power Scheme. Kaepernick ran for 181 yards using Harbaugh's pistol offense.
    Yea i would definitely be down for this! If Palmer gets cut that is(and we bring in the right offensive coordinator and players to properly implement Pistol formations along with the PBS)...
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    998
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fishedz View Post
    I haven't been saying that the last three seasons. You must be new.
    I'be been saying it for 3 seasons and will say it again next year. Toothpicks will have turftoe by week 8 and Reese will show him how it is done. Hopefully that guy gets a big bonus. The only one that earned it at times.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    15,541
    vCash
    1500
    I voted "PBS" - in all reality, I'm a proponent of versatility.

    With cut-blocking potentially getting outlawed in the near future, power-blocking will be the only viable run scheme in the near future.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,875
    vCash
    1500
    As Mike McCoy said today in his press conference you employ what best suits your talent.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    57
    vCash
    1500
    This is NFL, the pistol will not make it 3 years. ZBS all the way.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    vCash
    1500
    Scheme is over rated.

    Its how you use your players and whether you execute.However, I want to see us spread it out and use our speed. We get our running game fixed and we can be dangerous.

    We need 2 O linemen first as well as a power back to compliment D Mac.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,875
    vCash
    1500
    McFadden always "needs" something. I am tired of all the excuses, he is a poor mans Napoleon Kaufman, but Kaufman had grit, he was just too small. McFadden is a bust.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,741
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    McFadden always "needs" something. I am tired of all the excuses, he is a poor mans Napoleon Kaufman, but Kaufman had grit, he was just too small. McFadden is a bust.
    McFadden is not a bust. He underachieved and he suffered setbacks because injuries, but that doesn't qualify him as a bust in my opinion. Plus, he's still young and will have an opportunity to prove himself again.

    However, I DO think the Raiders should try and trade him. It's just over guys. He's the Andrew Bynum of the Raiders. It just was not meant to be. We can find a good running back through free agency. I'd try to package him in a deal to bring us a second rounder. We NEED a second round pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,875
    vCash
    1500
    Considering the average career span of an NFL runningback, the draft pick and money invested in him, McFadden in my opinion is a bust. The Raiders invested in a player with Adrian Peterson type production expectations who has yielded Harvey Williams performance.

    The Raiders drafted Justin Fargas in the 3rd round, compare Huggy Bear's kid and McFadden. Numbers don't lie.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •