Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Will Hollins leave if Pera blows up our team?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...lins-sticking/

Eh, I believe Pera and company had better reread their contract about having to stay in Memphis for the next gazillion years and THINK about the ramifications of blowing up this GREAT team. $4M shouldn't sway a near billionaire from shooting himself in the foot. He is from CALIFORNIA. We are in MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE. We hold grudges forever and if he tinkers too much with the success and support this team and Coach has built, he could lose so many season ticket holders it'll make his pocket protector fly off. It has taken 6 years to rekindle the interest and buzz of the Grizz in this team. Why the **** would his hire of Hollinger have us suddenly upsetting the cart? Ah, yes. I forgot. This is a computer nerd who loves stats. Instead of hanging out with the geeks, why don't you go to the practices and play some one on one? Let them see the dunk you claim to have. CONNECT with the team, like Memphis has. I sat next to a guy at the Spurs game who said he "hated the NBA" but loved the Grizzlies. That is the paradigm you work with here in Memphis. Hope you stats guys are smart enough to mine these types of forums and READ them. Someone needs to get through to Pera before he makes the mistake of his lifetime.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

MEMPHIS, WHERE 8 BECOMES 7 BECOMES 9 AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT !!!

vCash
    And while I'm on a roll, how about some guests who show up here(especially if you are Grizz fans), sign up and join in the discussions? If you are a local from here, don't let the hard nuts approach some of the other posters bother you. Come on in, the water's fine
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"

vCash
    Went back and looked at the record since Hollinger was hired.......10-6. Worse than 15-5 by a STATISTICALLY sigificant number....pretty sure the p value would be<.001

vCash
    This article is kind of alarming if there is any truth to it. The way i interpret Hollin's comments is that he does not want rebuilding. And why blame him? He built the grizz from lottery team to a serious contender in just a few years. He fits in with Memphis perfectly. He has instilled values that are lacking in the NBA today (defense, accountablility, Hard work, sacrifice, etc...)

I think if Rudy must be traded, Hollins will be ok (not particularly happy) but ok with it, as long as its a good deal for us. Hollins is a consumate professional. He will not let the business of the game hurt his coaching. However if management does not want to continue with the team we have and decides to trade 2 of our core i see serious repercussions. We could lose our coach (who should be in the running for COY by the way ) some ticket sales, and even worse the loyalty of the city which is finally begining to recognize the grizzlies as a pilar in the community.

Grizz fans seem to be very upset about Hollinger. I'm not too upset. I can understand the needs for changes and i do beleive that advanced stats does have a place in basketball. However i fear that too much power is in his hands. We cannot tinker with the foundation of this team which is the attitude and mindset of the players. It takes a special player/person to represent the memphis grizz and be accepted by fans. Hopefully if changes are made this season its nothing too major.

With all this said, it does bother me that new owner Robert Pera has not at least had conversations with Lionel. GIVE HIM AN EXTENSION NOW!!! I can't be too mad that he is not as vocal as Heisley, cause Heisley was very vocal. Pera seems to be more reserved. But after seeing these articles hopefully he feels the need to step up and put the fans at ease and answer some questions.

Grizz: 47-32 Titans: 7-9 UK BBall: 29-11 APSU BBall: 12-18
    - MJ-BULLS

vCash
    I think he needs to pull his head out of his *** and connect to this city's buzz about THIS team. Peyton Manning!! You got some time now. Come on down and talk some sense to the dude. Justin Timberlake !!! Best quit honeymooning and come rescue our team !!! Harold Ford Jr!! Since when do you shun the limelight. Come ON local owners. Speak up !!!