Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    Im kind of interested to sign a DT like Alan Branch or Glen Dorsey, I'd let Jamarca go and sign a Kenny Phillips or Willy Moore. CB isnt a huge need but i'd love DRC. In my opinion those arent huge splash signings but nice solid starters. Idk just throwing some names out there.
    Heeellllllllllllll noooooooooooooo!!!!! To glen dorsey. Guy is a bum. No thanks

66 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/1/...ason-plan-v1-0

Kind of half baked mock from daily norseman but it does raise some questions.
    I quit reading immediately after I saw he wanted to trade Jared Allen for the 56th and 152nd pick in the draft.

What? lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Heeellllllllllllll noooooooooooooo!!!!! To glen dorsey. Guy is a bum. No thanks
    I just don't see the Vikings throwing money at a DT in free agency. No reason to, really.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    I quit reading immediately after I saw he wanted to trade Jared Allen for the 56th and 152nd pick in the draft.

What? lol.
    Yeah I think this same guy was saying that last year too. He has a little bit of a point though considering we're going to be giving Allen HUGE money for next year and we do have Griffin, however if we get rid of Allen we're automatically downgrading our pass-rush (you have to wonder if Griffin will keep playing as well if he's starting vs. as a rotational player) but the other thing that blows holes in this is that I have to say even though he has a few years on him, Allen will play better next year once his shoulder is better.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I think they'll extend Allen so his cap hit isn't as big. I'd rather keep him than trade him for that package. Just doesn't make sense.

vCash
    I think they'll extend Allen so his cap hit isn't as big. I'd rather keep him than trade him for that package. Just doesn't make sense.
    Yeah that's exactly what will happen. What's really going to be interesting is to see what shakes out between Robison and Griffen. Both of those guys can walk after next year, and I really can't see us hanging on to both of them. Everson is going to want to start, and Robison is not going to want to be benched. I have a feeling that it could be Robison getting traded this year (while we can still get something for him vs letting him walk in FA and getting like a 5th round compensatory pick) instead of Allen.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Why let Sanford go? He's a stud special teamer and a competent backup for safety depth. He'll be relatively cheap, too. If this was after last season, I'd have probably agreed, but you could argue he was the most improved defensive player on the team (Everson Griffen might have something to say about that, but regardless), he took a big step this year.

I think he'll be back.
    As long as Sanford doesn't expect too much $$ I can easily see him being re-signed here. He's not an ideal safety though, still would rather we had somebody who was better in coverage, but he's improved almost every other aspect of his game. I think that when he lost the starting job he really came to his senses and is much more disciplined now (not biting on fakes or missing near as many tackles).

I kind of don't have the best feeling though for using him as a starter and key special teams player too, as bad as he was at safety we kind of had the right idea when we used Eric Frampton for that (yeah we do have Sendejo for that I guess). Ideally we'd have someone better starting at safety and just concentrate Sanford on special teams, but we can't really bank on that because SS is going to be such a low priority compared to everything else we need, we'll be lucky if we end up with a late round draft pick there, and even luckier if he makes the team let alone starts.

Long term I really wanted to see Raymond do well because he does have the talent to own that position but he's still very inexperienced because of all the play-time he missed with his injuries, lots of stupid mistakes out of him.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Sanford shouldn't start, no. He's a stud special teamer and certainly adequate enough as a depth guy.

He can't be asking for that much money.

vCash
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/1/...ason-plan-v1-0

Kind of half baked mock from daily norseman but it does raise some questions.
    That was, kind of an interesting read. I did not like his mock draft at all, but I did like the idea of moving on from Jared Allen. Just too much money for him, besides, Griffen is really coming on strong! I would get someone behind Griffen.

A guy who would make for a great DE for us would be Michael Johnson from the bengals. 53 tackles, 11.5 sacks, 1 INT, 1 Fum REC.
    Those numbers are really good and he is getting better and better. The guy is 6.6 270. He would make for a great signing after trading Allen. Just too much money.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    That's why they would extend Allen, bringing his cap number down.

You can pay Allen "too much" when he's playing at an elite level. Trading Allen just to trade him is not sound thinking, at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes ball boy View Post
    Im kind of interested to sign a DT like Alan Branch or Glen Dorsey, I'd let Jamarca go and sign a Kenny Phillips or Willy Moore. CB isnt a huge need but i'd love DRC. In my opinion those arent huge splash signings but nice solid starters. Idk just throwing some names out there.
    Dorsey could be great... I think he was being misused in KC as a 3-4 DE. He might not be a run-stuffer, but I think he can be a pass-rushing DT. He has a good strength/size/speed combo for an interior lineman. Granted I haven't seen him much at KC, just remember him at LSU.
    Last edited by NJBASEBALL22; 01-14-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Suck it

vCash
    The best thing about our offense, ironically, creates the biggest hurdle in FA. The Vikings are a "run-first" offense behind a guy chasing an all time record. No QB or WR that is, or thinks he is, a star will want to come to the Vikings much less make a favorable deal to do so. We may have to settle for good re-treads and hope there are more "Blair Walsh" needles hidden in the Draft haystack.

vCash
    Yeah that's exactly what will happen. What's really going to be interesting is to see what shakes out between Robison and Griffen. Both of those guys can walk after next year, and I really can't see us hanging on to both of them. Everson is going to want to start, and Robison is not going to want to be benched. I have a feeling that it could be Robison getting traded this year (while we can still get something for him vs letting him walk in FA and getting like a 5th round compensatory pick) instead of Allen.
    comp picks cannot be traded. besides why so cheep he should bring a higher pick. with draft picks being as much of a gamble as they are you would think he could bring atleast a 2nd rounder. i realize that griffen dont have the stats that allen had but i think he would be worth a first and a third. reaching almost double didget sacks as a part time player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsMadness44 View Post
    I would like to see us go after alex smith
    why go after smith the team is standing behind ponder like it or not . i think moore would be a good back up maybe even help ponder some. but smith is going to want to be a starter and will want to be paid like one with the needs on this team signing smithwould be a huge mistake

vCash
    Smith is only going to be a free agent if the 9ers cut him, which is very doubtful because he's better than anybody else in FA and is a legitimate candidate to start on another team. The only way that the 9ers don't trade him is if they some how bungle the deal and won't settle for less than they think they should get in compensation (in which case they will get nothing, maybe a compensatory pick depending on what kind of deal Smith signs).

I don't see any reason why we would entertain trading for Smith, because we're probably talking a heft pick (as in nothing less than a 3rd and most likely a 2nd or something similar to what Philly got for Kevin Kolb) and if we bring him here 1) We're paying him more than our starting QB and 2) he's arguably a lot better, if we made a move like that Alex Smith is defacto our starting QB, which may not actually be a bad thing (he sure could be better than Ponder) however we're still setting ourselves back a key draft pick which could be used much more effectively in other areas.
    first off the only way the niners can get picks for smith is if they trade him if they cut him they only get some cap relief comp picks are handed out for free agency loss and that would be a year later

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast