Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    vCash
    like i said before, hartline doesnt excite me much, he had a bloated season total because he had a huge game. 1/4 of his yards came in that one game, meaning he averaged 50 yards a game. To be fair, that is far better than jenkins 28 yards per game average this past season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    like i said before, hartline doesnt excite me much, he had a bloated season total because he had a huge game. 1/4 of his yards came in that one game, meaning he averaged 50 yards a game. To be fair, that is far better than jenkins 28 yards per game average this past season.
    It seems like all FA receivers are overpaid. Hartline is only 26 but 6 million seem a bit much for a # 2. I would rather use some of that to resign Percy. Then draft a WR number 1 Patterson/ Allen. Then get Barden for less than 6 million to go along with Patterson/ Allen and Percy. I believe that Percy's attitude would be entirely different with a new deal.

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35EyPalk6Do

someone explain to me why mike wallace WOULD NOT be able to do this with us?
    There is literally 1 or 2 plays where big ben creates and buys time for him on this video. the rest wallace is going to deep, end arounds, catching slants, and screens. He seems like a perfect fit. i'd give him 9 mill a year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KW93KB24 View Post

There is literally 1 or 2 plays where big ben creates and buys time for him on this video. the rest wallace is going to deep, end arounds, catching slants, and screens. He seems like a perfect fit. i'd give him 9 mill a year
    Yep, I agree totally. Who would compare Holmes and Wallace, totally different play styles. I know we don't get many Pit. games in MN but lots of fans don't understand what type of talent he is.

I don't believe for 1 minute that if we signed M. Wallace we'd have disappointed Vikings fans in here, everybody would be doing cartwheels..

In another highlight he takes a slant, and keeps bouncing off tackles working his way inside until he scores a 30 yard TD on a 5 yard slant while breaking 3 or 4 tackles.

vCash

Here in VA for some reason we get almost all of the Steelers games and Wallace is a fantastic WR. I would be thrilled to have him on this team. He may be out of our price range but I would love to have him.

vCash
    Honestly before this season he was in my top 5 WRs. He's dropped this year, but he is damn good. But if we want to keep Harvin..he's not an option with his price. Plus Harvin fits us better.
    Pull your 84's out!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Honestly before this season he was in my top 5 WRs. He's dropped this year, but he is damn good. But if we want to keep Harvin..he's not an option with his price. Plus Harvin fits us better.
    How does Harvin fit us better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    How does Harvin fit us better?
    Ponder is a short/intermediate passer. Harvin is basically an extension of our already dangerous running game, plus he adds to use in ST and as a runner. Now am I saying we don't need a deep threat? No, I'm saying for the price Harvin's value is more then Wallace. Now if they're the same price I'd have a hard time choosing Harvin over Wallace. Get what I'm saying?
    Pull your 84's out!

vCash
    The reason why we threw short/intermediate is because we didnt have a true #1 receiver that can go deep. We all saw ponders throw to harvin against atlanta, the bomb to wright against detroit, and the 65yarder against green bay. So ponder can throw it deep!

go watch mike wallace highlights. He does everything harvin does, screens, end arounds, slants, and he goes deep. Yeah maybe wallace cant do some things harvin does, but he can damn well do it good!

Imagine a wr core of wallace/patterson or keenan allen on the outside and jarius wright in the slot. Thats sick!

vCash
    There is no doubt in my mind that Mike Wallace is an unbelievable talent that would fit great on the Vikings. If there was no salary cap I would love to have him and am sure Zygi would be willing to throw the money at him. However, I don't want Wallace at the expense of our defense. No matter what Ponder is not going to command a high scoring offense. We aren't going to put up 30+ points a game on average. We are a team that is designed for more methodical drives based off of AP developing the running attack. Yes, Wallace could blow the top off of the defense but for us he is not worth 10+ million dollars a year.

We saw last season what happened when our defense was on the field for long periods of time. They broke down and the opposing teams offense looked unstoppable. We are doing more harm than good by throwing a lot of deep balls.

Basically, as a fan I would love getting Wallace and would be jumping up and down. But from a front office standpoint it makes absolutely no sense at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Ponder is a short/intermediate passer. Harvin is basically an extension of our already dangerous running game, plus he adds to use in ST and as a runner. Now am I saying we don't need a deep threat? No, I'm saying for the price Harvin's value is more then Wallace. Now if they're the same price I'd have a hard time choosing Harvin over Wallace. Get what I'm saying?
    I understand what you are saying but I dont agree with it. Ponder can make any throw on the field. Bill Musgrave made Ponder a short/intermediate passer. You are right Harvin is an extension of our run game and that got us in trouble a few times last year. In game four the Lions came out and said they are going to stop the short passes and runs. They held Harvin to 22 yards. Since we have virtually no other NFL worthy WRs we struggled. This team needs a legitimate WR (not one thats an extension of the run game but an actual WR) that can get separation from the DBs. I like Harvin, don't get me wrong but this team needs more then just him. Wallace is a very talented WR who I believe can thrive in any system. I don't think we will make a run at Wallace (cap space) but he is a very talented WR that I would love to have on this team.

vCash
    This is a reply to mauer So ur saying we should upgrade on D? Well who in free agency is there that is gonna make our D a whole lot better? We need offense. Mike wallace will give us instant offense. Look at these playoffs, all these teams have been putting up 28+ points even on some good D's.

A lot of the time when our D was getting whooped is because our offense couldnt sustain drives and were three and outs!!

vCash
    The reason why we threw short/intermediate is because we didnt have a true #1 receiver that can go deep. We all saw ponders throw to harvin against atlanta, the bomb to wright against detroit, and the 65yarder against green bay. So ponder can throw it deep!

go watch mike wallace highlights. He does everything harvin does, screens, end arounds, slants, and he goes deep. Yeah maybe wallace cant do some things harvin does, but he can damn well do it good!

Imagine a wr core of wallace/patterson or keenan allen on the outside and jarius wright in the slot. Thats sick!
    Don't get me wrong, I love Wallace! I just don't wanna tie up so much money on one guy when we can get more for less.
    Pull your 84's out!

vCash
    With our ridiculous run game, getting Mike Wallace would really make us scary...If we traded Harvin for a 1st or 2nd and a later round pick we could sign Wallace for 10 mil, Driver and Simpson for dirt cheap, and draft 2 or 3 of these talented receivers in the draft....We'd still have a boat load of picks to bulk up the defense, we'd still have some money to re-sign some of our own free agents, and Wallace would be the only receiver on our roster with a big contract (which is deserving)

It would be huge for us if K.Will restructured his deal but who knows

vCash

Why do ya'll keep using two pass plays from Ponder to validate he is a deep thrower, that is not his game it wasnt at Florida St it damn sure aint now. He is at his best running a west coast quick hitting offense. What your missing is physically yes he can make the throw (damn well should like any QB in the NFL) but Ponder does have happy feet and isnt a guy that likes to stand in there and wait for that deep route to develop. This is the point so Harvin skill set does fit better than Wallace.

Page 18 of 71 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast