Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    So basically this means Ed Reed isn't going to hit the open market. When is Peter King ever right about anything? lol
    Haha so true.

vCash
    Mike Wallace - WR - Steelers
    Jan 28 - 6:27 PM

Per CBS' Jason La Canfora, free agent Mike Wallace is said to be seeking $10-$11 million per year on his next contract.

According to La Canfora's sources, the Steelers are not planning on franchising Wallace, and they do not anticipate meeting his aforementioned salary demands, even though it's expected that other teams will value him at that rate. Wallace has certainly played his last down for the Steelers. Wallace, 26, will be aiming for what Vincent Jackson got from the Bucs last offseason -- five years, $55.55 million with $26 million guaranteed.

Source: CBS Sports
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...yer-news/?rw=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Mike Wallace - WR - Steelers
    Jan 28 - 6:27 PM
    If he is looking for 10 or 11 million per year I don't even want to discuss bringing him to MN anymore. He is not even close to be worth that. I was thinking he would end up getting between 45 to 50 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    If he is looking for 10 or 11 million per year I don't even want to discuss bringing him to MN anymore. He is not even close to be worth that. I was thinking he would end up getting between 45 to 50 million.
    Rather sign Ramses Barden, Jerome Simpson and draft 2 receivers

vCash
    I've been saying no to Mike Wallace the entire time but 10-11 million a season?

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I hate to do this because I know you guys are going to rip me for it.

But we should go after M. Wallace.

If I could have Percy or Wallace for 10M a season I'd choose Wallace every time, not even close.

Wallace is only 2 years older then Harvin
    Wallace has missed 1 game in the last 4 years
    Wallace has 2 1000 yd season's in the last 3 years, Harvin has none
    Wallace is consistently better then Harvin in almost every catagory, yds, TD's, avg.

Wallace is so much more then just a deep threat you guys. He plays all over the field, spent only 15% of his snaps in the slot so no his not a slot WR.

He is one of the fastest, if not the fastest player in football.
    In 2010 and 2011 he caught over 60% of his targets, with an insane average of 21 and 16.6 yds per catch.

He is so much more then a deep threat however, his speed off the line of scrimmage makes him impossible to jam, he is one of the best route runners in short spaces(I bet Ponder would love that), he is a YAC monster.

Then you add in his deep threat ability. Probably the best WR in the NFL at running the go route, excellent at finding the ball in the air and twisting his body to make a contested grab.

He would make our offense much more dynamic then Harvin ever could. Harvin can take a bubble screen for a first down. Wow.

The Vikings should sign Wallace to 10M a year, then trade Harvin for the chance to draft T. Austin, and grab Woods in the 2nd. I would rather have 2 rookies and Wallace then 2 rookies and Harvin. Going into next year with no proven WR's on the outside would be so stupid. Wallace gives us 1, we would have no drop off with Austin in the slot, and Woods would give us more then Simpson could ever dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I hate to do this because I know you guys are going to rip me for it.

But we should go after M. Wallace.

If I could have Percy or Wallace for 10M a season I'd choose Wallace every time, not even close.

Wallace is only 2 years older then Harvin
    Wallace has missed 1 game in the last 4 years
    Wallace has 2 1000 yd season's in the last 3 years, Harvin has none
    Wallace is consistently better then Harvin in almost every catagory, yds, TD's, avg.

Wallace is so much more then just a deep threat you guys. He plays all over the field, spent only 15% of his snaps in the slot so no his not a slot WR.

He is one of the fastest, if not the fastest player in football.
    In 2010 and 2011 he caught over 60% of his targets, with an insane average of 21 and 16.6 yds per catch.

He is so much more then a deep threat however, his speed off the line of scrimmage makes him impossible to jam, he is one of the best route runners in short spaces(I bet Ponder would love that), he is a YAC monster.

Then you add in his deep threat ability. Probably the best WR in the NFL at running the go route, excellent at finding the ball in the air and twisting his body to make a contested grab.

He would make our offense much more dynamic then Harvin ever could. Harvin can take a bubble screen for a first down. Wow.

The Vikings should sign Wallace to 10M a year, then trade Harvin for the chance to draft T. Austin, and grab Woods in the 2nd. I would rather have 2 rookies and Wallace then 2 rookies and Harvin. Going into next year with no proven WR's on the outside would be so stupid. Wallace gives us 1, we would have no drop off with Austin in the slot, and Woods would give us more then Simpson could ever dream.
    I disagree with basically everything you just said. Other than the fact that Harvin cant stay healthy I would take him any day. He has the potential every time he touches the ball to take it to the house. I really hate the comment he can take a bubble screen for a first down. Wow. He can also take said bubble screen 50 plus yards for a TD. Harvin can lineup anywhere on the field, Wallace cannot. Harvin also has the potential to return every kickoff for a td. Harvin is way more valuable. Plus there is no way I would pay Wallace 10 million he isn't even a game changing deep threat like a Moss was. Moss truly did deserve that kind of money, Wallace does not. If we are going to pay someone other than Harvin that kind of money it would hope it would be Dwayne Bowe. I do appreciate your honesty though. Everyone has the right to their opinion mine just differed greatly lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan24 View Post
    I disagree with basically everything you just said. Other than the fact that Harvin cant stay healthy I would take him any day. He has the potential every time he touches the ball to take it to the house. I really hate the comment he can take a bubble screen for a first down. Wow. He can also take said bubble screen 50 plus yards for a TD. Harvin can lineup anywhere on the field, Wallace cannot. Harvin also has the potential to return every kickoff for a td. Harvin is way more valuable. Plus there is no way I would pay Wallace 10 million he isn't even a game changing deep threat like a Moss was. Moss truly did deserve that kind of money, Wallace does not. If we are going to pay someone other than Harvin that kind of money it would hope it would be Dwayne Bowe. I do appreciate your honesty though. Everyone has the right to their opinion mine just differed greatly lol.
    I just have issues with Harvin. He just doesn't seem to be a great route runner, more of just a physical specimen. We ran so many bubble screens after week 6 Defenses were all over it. AZ, TB and Sea were all over that route and it really hurt his ability to be effective. It also coincided with Ponder's slump. Yes he can make something out of nothing, but he just plays like he's 230, always looking to hit someone. I just don't think he can hold up considering his size and play style.

Harvin gives you a bubble screen, Wallace can do that, and work the seams, and be an outside vertical threat as well as taking a slant to the house. It seems they will both be looking for 10M a season I'd rather give it to Wallace.

Harvin also doesn't seem to be effective off the play action, Wallace would be huge on PA passes.

I love Harvin but I am as worried about paying him as I was about paying Rice. And it's long been written that the Vikings share my concern about Harvin's ability to hold up, considering how he plays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloInfinity View Post
    I just have issues with Harvin. He just doesn't seem to be a great route runner, more of just a physical specimen. We ran so many bubble screens after week 6 Defenses were all over it. AZ, TB and Sea were all over that route and it really hurt his ability to be effective. It also coincided with Ponder's slump. Yes he can make something out of nothing, but he just plays like he's 230, always looking to hit someone. I just don't think he can hold up considering his size and play style.

Harvin gives you a bubble screen, Wallace can do that, and work the seams, and be an outside vertical threat as well as taking a slant to the house. It seems they will both be looking for 10M a season I'd rather give it to Wallace.

Harvin also doesn't seem to be effective off the play action, Wallace would be huge on PA passes.

I love Harvin but I am as worried about paying him as I was about paying Rice. And it's long been written that the Vikings share my concern about Harvin's ability to hold up, considering how he plays.
    Rice missed much more time and was more injury prone than Harvin ever was. As far as not being effective, I've never liked Harvin on the outside (remember we tried to put him there in 2010 when we signed Greg Camarillo for slot work) but to imply that he's only a one-trick pony with the screen passes does him and the rest of the team a great disservice. The limits put on our passing game were far more about our QB, our OC (and by extension the other personnel that they both had to work with) than they ever were about Harvin. How many screen passes did Favre throw him in 09?

What we learned the hard way this year is that its not tenable to just put our whole passing game on Harvin's shoulders. He gave it a good try though (what with leading the league in receptions for most of the year). I don't mean to marginalize him but Harvin has to be put back in a complementary role to a big deep-threatening outside WR (Rice in 2009), it will likely work in reverse this time around though, most defenses keying on Harvin short and freeing up man coverage for our outside guy.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I'm sorry, but what are you guys on? I would love mike wallace! He's a dangerous and very damn good deep threat, and jarius wright can do a pretty good job in the slot. We can still draft a guy like patterson/allen/williams too.

I'd have a WR. Core of Wallace/wright/ or whichever receiver falls to us. Like patterson/allen/williams

Much better than percy/wright/and whichever rookie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Rather sign Ramses Barden, Jerome Simpson and draft 2 receivers
    This actually makes alot of sense, Barden can take over Jenkins role, I think Simpson injury affected him more than we know bringing him back is a good move, then two more youngsters with Wright and keep Harvin is realistic and fits what the front office has been doing.

It trips me the hell out how some fans are so quick to dismiss what Harvin is capable of then want to over pay for Wallace who actually held out last summer. In my opinion Wallace is nowhere near as valuable as Harvin.
    Last edited by dimgim; 01-29-2013 at 12:57 PM.

vCash
    The 2 guys I want us to focus on is Wallace first, and then we should take a long look at Sammie Lee Hill. The guy was PFF 2nd best pass rushing 4-3 DT last year. He is 329 and can move, great initial burst off the line of scrimmage. I say we cut Kevin Williams and give the job to Hill.

I also really liked what I saw from F. Evans late last year, so I want him in a rotation with Griffin(pass rush). I think Ballard and Guion shouldn't be on an NFL field. I used to be high on Guion but thought he was the weakest link on our D besides Jefferson at CB

I really think Hill could be a Geno Atkins type story. 2nd stringer turned best DT in the game.

vCash
    I'm no big fan on Harvin's attitude but the guy is arguably the most talented athlete in football. I don't know a lot about Wallace but it just doesn't seem he would fit in our system. I don't watch a lot of Pitt play but I know he plays with Big Ben who in turns is one of the hardest men to bring down. I've seen a lot of plays where Ben is slipping the sack and finding Wallace. Our offense is more timing.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    I'm thinking about Wallace in the play action game. How can you play 8 or 9 man boxes with Wallace on the outside. 2nd and 4, Ponder fakes the handoff to AD, gets a deep drop, the line gives him all day, and he throws it to Wallace with the nearest defender 5 yards behind him.

If we completed one or two of those plays say good bye to 8 and 9 man boxes for the rest of the season. Harvin can't move that S out of the box, in fact it is easier to defend Percy with more men in the box. Therefore Wallace would have a bigger impact on our offense.

vCash
    The only way we would get Wallace is if we trade Harvin...tbh i have no idea where we are and what we want to do with him....I'm all for re-signing Harvin but if we drafted Wright to be his replacement and think he's ready (can't see how we'd be sure of that) than trading Percy and getting the best deep threat in the league is definitely a possibility

Do you guys think that we'd sign Wallace before trading Percy or trade Percy first

BTW 10-11 mil a season for Wallace or Harvin is a lot of money
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 01-29-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Page 16 of 71 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast