Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    From what I know they use Bess more in the slot than Hartline.
    Yeah Bess is their primary slot WR. Hartline does play slot some though. Hartline is an elite route runner but lacks in speed and physicality. He would be a great #2 for us. We would still need that big bodied #1 type WR though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Yeah Bess is their primary slot WR. Hartline does play slot some though. Hartline is an elite route runner but lacks in speed and physicality. He would be a great #2 for us. We would still need that big bodied #1 type WR though.
    I would be pretty happy with a core of Harvin Hartline and one of Keenan Allen/Terrance Williams/Justin Hunter/Cordarrelle Patterson/ Da'Rick Rogers/Cobi Hamilton in either of the first 2 rounds.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I would be pretty happy with a core of Harvin Hartline and one of Keenan Allen/Terrance Williams/Justin Hunter/Cordarrelle Patterson/ Da'Rick Rogers/Cobi Hamilton in either of the first 2 rounds.
    I would be thrilled with that group of WRs. I am not too high on Hamilton in the first two rounds but I love the rest you mentioned. I would take him in the fourth round though.

vCash
    I would be thrilled with that group of WRs. I am not too high on Hamilton in the first two rounds but I love the rest you mentioned. I would take him in the fourth round though.
    I don't know much about him, I listed him because he's a big body guy and Walterfootball has him listed to go somewhere in rounds 2-4. Plus Rick Spielman apparently get's a hard on over Arkansas receivers lol

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I don't know much about him, I listed him because he's a big body guy and Walterfootball has him listed to go somewhere in rounds 2-4. Plus Rick Spielman apparently get's a hard on over Arkansas receivers lol
    Yep, we couldn't land Joe Adams but expect us to take a run at him when he hits free agency. Right up there with anyone who's ever played for Nortre Dame.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I think it has more to do with ND and Ark. playing more pro style of football then it does the schools themselves. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Ark. run a pro style offense?

vCash
    Hartline doesnt excite me much. He had a quarter of his season total yardage in one game. So in his other 15 games he averaged 50 yards...

vCash
    so I put together a list of FAs that we could be interested in this year (guys who fit what we're doing on offense and defense). I'm going to bold the guys who would command substantial contracts.

backup Quarterback
    Matt Moore, QB, Dolphins. Age: 29
    Jason Campbell, QB, Bears. Age: 31
    Brian Hoyer, QB, Cardinals. Age: 27
    Rex Grossman, QB, Redskins. Age: 33
    Brady Quinn, QB, Chiefs. Age: 28
    Derek Anderson, QB, Panthers. Age: 30
    Matt Leinart, QB, Raiders. Age: 30
    Kellen Clemens, QB, Rams. Age: 30
    David Carr, QB, Giants. Age: 34
    Bruce Gradkowski, QB, Bengals. Age: 30 (has a lot of similarities to Ponder)
    Drew Stanton, QB, Colts. Age: 29
    Chase Daniel, QB, Saints. Age: 26 (very poised but no practical experience)
    Tyler Thigpen, QB, Bills. Age: 29
    Sage Rosenfels, QB, Free Agent. Age: 35 (familiar with the team)
    David Garrard, QB, Free Agent. Age: 35
    Dan Orlovsky, QB, Buccaneers. Age: 30
    John Beck, QB, Free Agent. Age: 32

Wide Receiver
    Dwayne Bowe, WR, Chiefs. Age: 28
    Mike Wallace, WR, Steelers. Age: 27 (too expensive and not well suited to the team)
    Greg Jennings, WR, Packers. Age: 29
    Brian Hartline, WR, Dolphins. Age: 26
    Ted Ginn, KR, 49ers. Age: 28
    David Nelson, WR, Bills. Age: 26 (recovering from a torn ACL)
    Brandon Gibson, WR, Rams. Age: 26
    Donnie Avery, WR, Colts. Age: 29
    Domenik Hixon, WR, Giants. Age: 28
    Ramses Barden, WR, Giants. Age: 27 (a guy to watch)
    Kevin Ogletree, WR, Cowboys. Age: 26
    Braylon Edwards, WR, Jets. Age: 30
    Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Browns. Age: 26
    Louis Murphy, WR, Panthers. Age: 26
    Chaz Schilens, WR, Jets. Age: 27 (he'd basically just be another Aromashodu)
    Johnny Knox, WR, Bears. Age: 26 (depending on what kind of shape he's in)

Guard
    Andy Levitre, G, Bills. Age: 27
    Louis Vasquez, G, Chargers. Age: 26
    Kevin Boothe, G/C, Giants. Age: 30
    Ramon Foster, G, Steelers. Age: 27
    Donald Thomas, G, Patriots. Age: 27
    Matt Slauson, G, Jets. Age: 27
    Chad Rinehart, G, Bills. Age: 28 (good replacement for Schwartz if he's not back)
    Kory Lichtensteiger, G, Redskins. Age: 28 (has some history here, however he's rehabbing from a knee injury, would make for good depth though)
    Doug Legursky, G, Steelers. Age: 27

Defensive Tackle (these guys are more suited to the UT role and better pass-rushers, basically Kevin Williams complements or replacements)

Henry Melton, DT, Bears. Age: 26
    Desmond Bryant, DT, Raiders. Age: 27
    Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Lions. Age: 26
    Derek Landri, DT, Eagles. Age: 29
    SenDerrick Marks, DT, Titans. Age: 26
    Amobi Okoye, DT, Bears. Age: 26.

Nose Tackle (I realize not all of these guys are listed as NTs but a few of them would be an upgrade on Guion/Evans and would be good at stopping the run)

Roy Miller, DT, Buccaneers. Age: 26
    Alan Branch, DT, Seahawks. Age: 28
    Glenn Dorsey, DT, Chiefs. Age: 28
    Pat Sims, DT, Bengals. Age: 27
    Terrance Knighton, NT, Jaguars. Age: 27
    Shaun Rogers, DT, Giants. Age: 34

Outside Linebacker
    Philip Wheeler, OLB, Raiders. Age: 28
    Nick Roach, OLB, Bears. Age: 28
    DeAndre Levy, OLB, Lions. Age: 26
    Keith Rivers, OLB, Giants. Age: 27
    Gerald McRath, OLB, Titans. Age: 27
    Rocky McIntosh, OLB, Rams. Age: 30
    Geno Hayes, OLB, Bears. Age: 26
    Ernie Sims, OLB, Cowboys. Age: 28
    Dan Skuta, OLB, Bengals. Age: 27.
    Ramon Humber, OLB, Saints. Age: 26.

Middle Linebacker
    Brad Jones, ILB, Packers. Age: 27
    Rey Maualuga, ILB, Bengals. Age: 26
    Barrett Ruud, ILB, Texans. Age: 30

Cornerback
    Keenan Lewis, CB, Steelers. Age: 27
    Aqib Talib, CB, Patriots. Age: 27
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Eagles. Age: 27
    Brent Grimes, CB, Falcons. Age: 30 (a bit older that the guys I would usually say we're interested in, could be another Spielman reclamation project as he comes back from an achilles tear)
    Tony Carter, CB, Broncos. Age: 27 (we cut him back in 2011, could probably be a starter)
    Jacob Lacey, CB, Lions. Age: 26 (nickel)
    Kyle Arrington, CB, Patriots. Age: 27 (nickel)
    William Middleton, CB, Jaguars. Age: 27
    Tracy Porter, CB, Broncos. Age: 27 (his seizures are scary but I think his coverage skills would work well here)
    Darius Butler, CB, Colts. Age: 27
    Ryan Mouton, CB, Titans. Age: 26

Safety
    Jairus Byrd, S, Bills. Age: 26
    Dashon Goldson, S, 49ers. Age: 28
    Glover Quin, S, Texans. Age: 27 (Texans are going to try to re-sign him)
    William Moore, S, Falcons. Age: 28
    Kenny Phillips, S, Giants. Age: 26 (had some MCL problems with his knee, however fits with the type of guys Spielman brought in last year)
    Tanard Jackson, S, Redskins. Age: 28
    David Bruton, S, Broncos. Age: 26

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    My mock 2013 off season.

1. Trade Harvin for a 2nd and 5th round pick (Honestly the team is better without him)
    2. Restructure/Extend Jared Allen to save cap space
    3. Sign Dewayne Bowe and Alan Branch
    4. Resign Loadholt, Jefferson, Felton(don't over pay), Berger, Schwartz, Mackenzie, Dean and Sandejo
    5. Cut Jenkins, S. Burton, B. Burton, Charlie Johnson, Sherels
    6. Let all other FA's walk.

Draft
    1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tenn
    2. Kevin Minter MLB LSU
    2. Da'Rick Rodgers WR Tenn Tech
    3. Travis Frederick G Wisc or Alvin Bailey G Ark
    4. (Lion's Pick) Jelani Jenkins OLB Fla
    4. Micah Hyde CB Iowa
    5. Zeke Motta FS ND
    5. Zavier Gooden OLB Missouri
    6. (Titan's Pick)Chris Thompson RB/PR FSU
    7. Seth Doege QB Texas Tech
    7. Troy Stoudemire CB/KR Minn

vCash
    The team is better without Harvin...Come on,,pull out of it and come back to EARTH. WOW...Honestly we are not better without Harvin(One of the most Electric Players in the NFL).

For the record I liked every other thing from your post but our team was very one dimensional once Harvin was gone and the only reason we were winning games is because our Running Back Rushed for some of the most yards in that game span ever in the history of the game,,,,The History of the Game,,,wrap your head around that and then say we were better without Harvin,,,AP cant do that every game every season.
    Last edited by Coenthar; 01-27-2013 at 09:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RPH2013 View Post
    My mock 2013 off season.

1. Trade Harvin for a 2nd and 5th round pick (Honestly the team is better without him)
    2. Restructure/Extend Jared Allen to save cap space
    3. Sign Dewayne Bowe and Alan Branch
    4. Resign Loadholt, Jefferson, Felton(don't over pay), Berger, Schwartz, Mackenzie, Dean and Sandejo
    5. Cut Jenkins, S. Burton, B. Burton, Charlie Johnson, Sherels
    6. Let all other FA's walk.

Draft
    1. Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tenn
    2. Kevin Minter MLB LSU
    2. Da'Rick Rodgers WR Tenn Tech
    3. Travis Frederick G Wisc or Alvin Bailey G Ark
    4. (Lion's Pick) Jelani Jenkins OLB Fla
    4. Micah Hyde CB Iowa
    5. Zeke Motta FS ND
    5. Zavier Gooden OLB Missouri
    6. (Titan's Pick)Chris Thompson RB/PR FSU
    7. Seth Doege QB Texas Tech
    7. Troy Stoudemire CB/KR Minn
    The only way I'm okay with trading Harvin is if we can sign Jennings (to play slot) and no matter what use our extra picks to get Patterson. Otherwise no thanks.
    Ponder This

vCash
    I'd like to see us sign Aqib Talib in the offseason. Then I'd love to see us draft David Amerson in the 3rd round (if he falls) to play alongside Harrison Smith. I know he's a CB but I think with his size, speed and hands he could be a perfect compliment at safety. Smith lays the big hits (and can get a few ints) and Amerson would be our ballhawk. He'd add that turnover element that our defense has been lacking since Sharper left.

Those 2 moves give us a young, big, fast and deep secondary and the beauty is with such a young core it'd be a unit we wouldn't have to think about for years. We could let our young core grow and dominate together over the next 5 years.

RCB - Chris Cook, 6'2 (25 years old)
    LCB - Aqib Talib, 6'1 (26 years old)
    NB - Antoine Winfield, 5'9 (35 years old)
    DB - Josh Robinson, 5'10 (22 years old)
    FS - David Amerson, 6'3 (21 years old)
    SS - Harrison Smith, 6'2 (23 years old)

We could focus the 1st, 2nd, and 4th round on WR, MLB, DT and G going BPA - though WR will need to be addressed in either round 1 or 2.

vCash
    Ed Reed - DB - Ravens
    Jan 27 - 7:49 PM

SI's Peter King stated on Sunday night's Pro Bowl pregame show that he expects free agent FS Ed Reed to hit the open market this offseason.

"I think the Ravens are going to allow him to test the free agent market," said King, before suggesting New England as a potential landing spot ala Rodney Harrison in 2003. Reed turns 35 next September, but Bill Belichick has long been an admirer and the Patriots' safety position is hardly solidified aside from Devin McCourty. It's a sensible match on paper.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DiPasquale7 View Post
    I'd like to see us sign Aqib Talib in the offseason. Then I'd love to see us draft David Amerson in the 3rd round (if he falls) to play alongside Harrison Smith. I know he's a CB but I think with his size, speed and hands he could be a perfect compliment at safety. Smith lays the big hits (and can get a few ints) and Amerson would be our ballhawk. He'd add that turnover element that our defense has been lacking since Sharper left.

Those 2 moves give us a young, big, fast and deep secondary and the beauty is with such a young core it'd be a unit we wouldn't have to think about for years. We could let our young core grow and dominate together over the next 5 years.

RCB - Chris Cook, 6'2 (25 years old)
    LCB - Aqib Talib, 6'1 (26 years old)
    NB - Antoine Winfield, 5'9 (35 years old)
    DB - Josh Robinson, 5'10 (22 years old)
    FS - David Amerson, 6'3 (21 years old)
    SS - Harrison Smith, 6'2 (23 years old)

We could focus the 1st, 2nd, and 4th round on WR, MLB, DT and G going BPA - though WR will need to be addressed in either round 1 or 2.
    While I agree this could be a good secondary, I think Amerson will stay at corner in the NFL. At least until he proves he cannot play corner at the next level. With excellent height for the position (6'3") and long arms, Amerson is a tall cornerback that every NFL team is looking for now-a-days to matchup against the taller receivers teams have such as Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall. He can be moved around within the defense to help them deal with the different match-ups that opposing offenses try to put them in. He can plant and drive closing quickly from off coverage alignment, and is often able to get to receivers in time to make a play on the ball with his long arms giving him the ability to reach in front of receiver to break up the catch. He reminds me of Seattle Seahawk Brandon Browner.

Now that being said I think there is something here about him moving to safety. Teams will consider it, if he's up to moving to a safety position, due to his size and relative lack of top notch speed for the corner position. That and the fact he's a natural hands catcher and a ballhawk if he finds himself in the right position. Last year, he set a school and ACC record as a sophomore with 13 interceptions. Many of them were being in the right place at the right time type plays. This is evident by his season stats this year where he didn't get nearly as many picks, finishing with a still solid five interceptions, one of which he returned for a touchdown. When compared to last year I think it's obvious his 2011 INT's were more of being in the right place than being a true ballhawking corner. I think being a safety it's more about being in the right place to make the INT than being able to make a amazing play on a ball, like corners must do to get INTs. Amerson does have the kind of ball skills and jumping ability to high point and intercept passes with ease though. He could be that ballhawking safety I believe. It would take a year or two to learn a new position but I think he could do it and be a pretty good safety.

vCash
    Ed Reed - DB - Ravens
    Jan 27 - 7:49 PM
    So basically this means Ed Reed isn't going to hit the open market. When is Peter King ever right about anything? lol

- Mike Zimmer

Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast