Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I completely agree.... Its basically up to Percy on whether he remains a Viking or gets traded. If he comes in with a pour attitude and yelling at coaches he will be gone. If he comes in works hard, treats the coaches with respect and has a team first attitude he will get extended.
    Last edited by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS; 01-23-2013 at 09:35 PM.

vCash
    That's just it. From what i've seen and the whole weird being away from the team thing really tells me he wants out. He's already stated he wanted out a long time ago! Question is, IF we did trade Harvin, Keenan Allen would make for another rising star and would cost alot less. Not to mention you get two extra picks for Spielman to work his magic in the draft. What if we got Allen and John Jenkins in round one? and another starter in the fourth? Harvins name would disappear quite quick. Save the boat load of cash and get some guys you can depend on.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    That's just it. From what i've seen and the whole weird being away from the team thing really tells me he wants out. He's already stated he wanted out a long time ago! Question is, IF we did trade Harvin, Keenan Allen would make for another rising star and would cost alot less. Not to mention you get two extra picks for Spielman to work his magic in the draft. What if we got Allen and John Jenkins in round one? and another starter in the fourth? Harvins name would disappear quite quick. Save the boat load of cash and get some guys you can depend on.
    Until he torches us when we play him. Honestly who in the draft has his talent? We might be able to put another body on the field, but he wont replace Harvin's talent.

vCash
    Hmmm...interesting thought guys. I see the Jets are exploring a trade of Revis. I'm not even sure Revis fits in our scheme defensively but would anyone do a Harvin-Revis trade?

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...cording-source

Edit: Just read that Revis might be expecting $16 million a year...**** that!
    Last edited by pacofunk64; 01-24-2013 at 09:59 AM.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Yeah, no Revis...hell no.
    Faithless is He That Says Farewell When the Path Darkens...

vCash
    Player for player trades are rare in the NFL.

vCash
    It would be good value for Harvin, but i dont want him on our team.

vCash
    Everytime I hear Revis's name its followed by some type of money/contract issues. Ya he is one of the elite defensive players in the game but I'd pass

vCash
    I like the idea of having Revis on our team, just because he is Revis. But he makes no sense scheme wise in the cover two and would cost more money than we have available at this moment. If anyone believes that he is good enough to change schemes look what happened to Asomaugha in Philly...that didn't really work out for either side.

vCash
    I agree. Revis does not fit here. Plenty of good CB's out there in the draft to groom. We need picks if we are going to trade anyone. Speilman needs ammo in that department. He has done some good things in FA. But he gets the draft and that's what I really like about Speilman. With a new stadium coming down the road and new players coming in through the draft. Once they crack open the new doors at the stadium, we should have a H### of a team.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Until he torches us when we play him. Honestly who in the draft has his talent? We might be able to put another body on the field, but he wont replace Harvin's talent.
    Tavon Austin. He had 344 yds rushing against the Sooners. A lot of people don't know he was a running back and WR. Austin isn't as physical, but is faster and more elusive then Harvin. Austin is the player most similar to Harvin since Harvin came out. Perfect time to trade Harvin for the right to draft Austin

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apolloinfinity View Post
    but is faster and more elusive then harvin.
    lol!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I like the idea of having Revis on our team, just because he is Revis. But he makes no sense scheme wise in the cover two and would cost more money than we have available at this moment. If anyone believes that he is good enough to change schemes look what happened to Asomaugha in Philly...that didn't really work out for either side.
    This. Revis should not be an option because he doesnt fit the scheme.

vCash
    Meh. He's not an option for many other reasons too. The whole "scheme" thing is overcooked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Meh. He's not an option for many other reasons too. The whole "scheme" thing is overcooked.
    I agree there are other reasons, but for cornerbacks scheme is a huge deal. You can get by putting a 3-4 LB at DE and vice-versa, or put a zone FS as a tackling SS, but when it comes to corners they are bred to perform a certain task. Take them away from what they have been bred to do and everything falls apart for them. Look at what happend to Asomugha after he left Oakland. He was taken away from a man to man system and was asked to play in a zone oriented defense. That didn't work out well for anyone, doesn't mean he is a bad corner though. Put him back in that man to man defense and he probably ranks back in the upper level of CB's

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast