Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    All pro FB bout 3 mill a year, and no if Harvin is here next season thats means none of the top tier free agent WR will be. I dont know why but I see Jason Campbell as the Vikings back up next season
    Last edited by dimgim; 01-19-2013 at 02:35 PM.

vCash
    Meh. In all honesty, if they let him go, I'm content with Ellison, but the reason they wouldn't bring Felton back wouldn't be because of money.

vCash
    From what Cheese Free posted, I think if we are going to open our check books a little bit we will probably resign our own free agents and then see if we can find a decent guard.

Does anyone know what the cap penalty would be if we were to release Charlie Johnson? I think his cap hit is about 4.5 million so even paying someone like Levitre 6 or 7 per would only be an increase of 1.5 to 2.5 million per year. It fits Spielman's philosophy to sign a young player coming off his first contract, and it doesn't seem like it would cost a ton to lock down the left side of our line for the foreseeable future.

vCash
    Here, I forgot to add the Defensive Tackles

DEFENSIVE TACKLES
    Henry Melton, DT, Bears. Age: 26.
    Henry Melton is one of the top interior pass-rushers in all of football. He could stand to be better against the run, but he deserves a big contract after getting to the quarterback more effectively than Julius Peppers.

Randy Starks, DT, Dolphins. Age: 29.
    Randy Starks is a talented interior pass-rusher. He struggled a bit down the stretch, but that could have been the result of personal issues he dealt with late in the year.

Richard Seymour, DT, Raiders. Age: 33.
    Richard Seymour has been tremendous over the years, including the first half of this past season. Unfortunately, he missed the final eight games of his 2012 campaign because of a hamstring injury. He'll be 34 in October, so it's fair to wonder if his body is breaking down.

Desmond Bryant, DT, Raiders. Age: 27.
    Desmond Bryant served as a solid interior pass-rusher after Richard Seymour was lost for the year. Excluding Lamarr Houston, no other Raider defensive lineman was better at applying pressure on the quarterback, though that's not saying much.

Jason Jones, DT, Seahawks. Age: 27.
    Jason Jones is a quality interior pass-rusher who was lost late in the year to a knee injury.

Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Lions. Age: 26.
    Sammie Lee Hill could start for some teams, as he does a decent job of pressuring the quarterback. He just hasn't had much of a chance in Detroit because he's been behind Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley and Corey Williams on the depth chart.

Roy Miller, DT, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
    Roy Miller doesn't offer anything as a pass-rusher, but he's a primary reason why the Buccaneers had one of the league's top run defenses in 2012.

Arthur Jones (RFA), DE/DT, Ravens. Age: 27.
    Arthur Jones broke into the starting lineup in the middle of the season and performed well, stopping the run effectively and getting to the quarterback on occasion.

Mike DeVito, DE/DT, Jets. Age: 29.
    Mike DeVito has been a key run-defender in New York's three-man front.

Steve McLendon (RFA), NT, Steelers. Age: 27.
    Steve McClendon looks like a solid replacement for Casey Hampton. He performed well in the playoffs against the Broncos in January 2012, and that carried over into this season when he saw the field briefly.

Glenn Dorsey, DT, Chiefs. Age: 28.
    Glenn Dorsey is a bust as the fifth-overall selection in 2008. He can stop the run when healthy, so he's serviceable in that regard. I'd also like to see what he can do in a 4-3, a system more suited toward his strengths.

Ropati Pitoitua (RFA), DE/DT, Chiefs. Age: 28.
    Ropati Pitoitua has served as a solid rotational defensive lineman for the Chiefs. He's solid in run support and tallied two sacks in a game against the Chargers.

Terrance Knighton, NT, Jaguars. Age: 27.
    It's rare to see a 330-pound nose tackle struggle in run support, but that's why Terrance Knighton was benched in favor of C.J. Mosley back in October. He still played an ample amount though.

Sedrick Ellis, DT, Saints. Age: 28.
    Sedrick Ellis has been an enormous bust for the Saints as the No. 7 pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. There's still time for him to turn his career around though.

Alan Branch, DT, Seahawks. Age: 28.
    Alan Branch is sort of a jack-of-all-trades defensive tackle. He has no glaring weaknesses and is at his best when stopping the run.

Ricky Jean-Francois, DE/DT, 49ers. Age: 26.
    Ricky Jean-Francois handled himself well when inserted into the lineup in the wake of Justin Smith's injury. He's not much of a pass-rusher, but he contained the run well.

Casey Hampton, NT, Steelers. Age: 35.
    Casey Hampton is still a quality run-stuffer despite his age (36 on Sept. 3).

Derek Landri, DT, Eagles. Age: 29.
    Derek Landri is a solid rotational defensive tackle who can put pressure on the quarterback occasionally.

Corey Williams, DT, Lions. Age: 33.
    Corey Williams should still be able to be a solid rotational lineman, but his best days are behind him. He played in only seven games in 2012.

Dwan Edwards, DT, Panthers. Age: 32.
    Dwan Edwards can do a decent job of getting to the quarterback on occasion, but he has to be limited to passing downs because he gets gashed against the run.

SenDerrick Marks, DT, Titans. Age: 26.
    SenDerrick Marks isn't particularly good at anything, but he's not really bad at anything either. He's a serviceable starter.

Kevin Vickerson, DT, Broncos. Age: 30.
    Shaun Cody, NT, Texans. Age: 30.
    Isaac Sopoaga, NT, 49ers. Age: 31.
    Nate Collins (RFA), DT, Bears. Age: 25.
    Antonio Johnson, DT, Colts. Age: 28.
    Clinton McDonald (RFA), DT, Seahawks. Age: 26.
    Kedric Golston, DE/DT, Redskins. Age: 30.
    Vance Walker, DT, Falcons. Age: 26.
    Justin Bannan, DT, Broncos. Age: 34.
    Kenyon Coleman, DE/DT, Cowboys. Age: 34.
    Rocky Bernard, DT, Giants. Age: 34.
    Spencer Johnson, DT, Bills. Age: 31.
    Tony McDaniel, DT, Dolphins. Age: 28.
    Leger Douzable, DT, Titans. Age: 28.
    Fili Moala, DT, Colts. Age: 28.
    Pat Sims, DT, Bengals. Age: 27.
    Chris Baker (RFA), NT, Redskins. Age: 25.
    Ryan McBean, DT, Ravens. Age: 29.
    Corvey Irvin (RFA), DT, Buccaneers. Age: 28.
    Maake Kemoeatu, NT, Ravens. Age: 34.
    Andre Neblett (RFA), DT, Panthers. Age: 25.
    Brian Schaefering, DE/DT, Cowboys. Age: 30.
    Ty Warren, DT, Broncos. Age: 32.
    Amobi Okoye, DT, Bears. Age: 26.
    Nick Eason, DE/DT, Cardinals. Age: 33.
    Shaun Smith, NT, Chiefs. Age: 32.
    Andre Fluellen, DT, Lions. Age: 28.
    Trevor Laws, DT, Rams. Age: 28.
    Shaun Rogers, DT, Giants. Age: 34.
    Vonnie Holliday, DE/DT, Cardinals. Age: 37.
    http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2013G.php

A few interesting guys here, although not too many elite run-stoppers. It also depends on how we look at this moving forward, ideally we could really use someone who plays better at NT, however even though he's not a FA, we still could decide to turn the page on Kevin Williams (much like we did with Steve Hutchinson last year) and find someone to take his place.

I think Melton will probably end up franchised, but there are other interesting names, Terrence Knighton among them although he'd be a bit of a project, apparently he has conditioning issues.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Cheese i think the bears let Melton walk. They have to extend Cutler and Marshall i believe

70 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Yo Cheese Im sure I speak for everyone here when I say thanks for what you bring to the forum, always drop alot of knowledge here its much appreciated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Cheese i think the bears let Melton walk. They have to extend Cutler and Marshall i believe
    I have a feeling they won't let him walk. I have mixed feelings on which way they will go. On one side of the fence it is hard to say that paying both Pepper and Melton on the same line is the right thing to do. But on the other side of things, Melton is only 26 and has been getting better every year. The Bears have around 13 million in cap to work with. Plus I don't think Cutler is going to get paid like a top of the line starter his next payday anyways.

But if it came down to it I would love the Vikings to steal him away! I'm sure telling him he gets to go up against Cutler twice a year would seal the deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Yo Cheese Im sure I speak for everyone here when I say thanks for what you bring to the forum, always drop alot of knowledge here its much appreciated
    Yeah i appreciate Cheese as well. Hsmith22,Vcu,and Cheese keeps the Vikings news flowing. Glad to have these guys as Vikings fans. Cheese you get dibs to the 1st chick in my sig. Vcu and Hsmith22 you guys got play rockem sockem robots for the 2nd chick.

(Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I have a feeling they won't let him walk. I have mixed feelings on which way they will go. On one side of the fence it is hard to say that paying both Pepper and Melton on the same line is the right thing to do. But on the other side of things, Melton is only 26 and has been getting better every year. The Bears have around 13 million in cap to work with. Plus I don't think Cutler is going to get paid like a top of the line starter his next payday anyways.

But if it came down to it I would love the Vikings to steal him away! I'm sure telling him he gets to go up against Cutler twice a year would seal the deal
    Melton would be great in purple

(Season Stats)

10. 01-19-2013, 03:47 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSmith22 View Post
    If the passing game is second to the passing game does that make the running game 3rd? That doesn't make sense... And who is Ponder calling?

jk bro you got good points. I think all of those guys will go where the money is. I don't see us signing any of them. I say we give the money to Harvin because he's a gamechanger as receiver and returner, we drafted him, and despite his injury proneness he is worth it.
    Why do you say harvin er is injury prone?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Melton would be great in purple
    It just makes so much sense... Dear Chicago V4L and I want you to let Melton hit the open market please!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    It just makes so much sense... Dear Chicago V4L and I want you to let Melton hit the open market please!
    Because if they dont then we will go through the bears offensive line and sack Cutler. No wait thats too easy. Lol

(Season Stats)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieFreakout View Post
    Almost everyone.
    haha

vCash
    I hope that two players pan out and thats Ellison(FB-TE) and Cole(LB) that would take a huge burden off of our shoulders. I say let Felton walk if he wants a huge payday,,its no surprise that usually the leading Rusher in Football has their lead blocker as the FB to the Probowl. I bet if he goes to any other team he isn't in the ProBowl next year,,,and he knows that. Im not saying give him dirt but he doesn't deserve to be even one of the highest paid FB's in football until he doest this for atleast 2 more years. AP also led the league in yards after contact so alot of his production came from him doing it on his own, on top of the repeated statement AP makes that he likes being in the backfield alone anyways.

vCash
    Felton's year wasnt solely because of Peterson. Felton had some crushing blocks. He deserves more credit than you're giving him.

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast