Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Locking up Harvin will be the main focus this offseason. After that I would move up in the third round and get the best Wr available in the top of the third. First three rounds has the best findings.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Armond Armstead - DL - Free Agent

Former USC and Toronto Argonauts DT Armond Armstead has workouts scheduled with the Patriots, Colts, and Eagles.
    Armstead went to Canada to prove he was healthy after suffering a heart attack and missing the 2011 season with the Trojans. He recorded six sacks in 2012 while helping the Argonauts win the Grey Cup. ESPN's Adam Schefter calls Armstead "the equivalent of a high draft pick." Expect more teams to get in involved in the pursuit of a potential impact defender.
    rotoworld

Why not take a look at this guy? We need some youth at d-tackle.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Here is a video on Armstead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjbbph7O-g

He is very skilled at getting inside pressure but I think he would be a liability stopping the run in the NFL. Regardless, the CFL is hardly comparable to the NFL. His stats at USC were not overwhelming so I think looking at those are probably a better benchmark to his actual skill level.

vCash
    Matt Moore - QB - Dolphins
    According to the Miami Herald, impending free agent Matt Moore will seek a starting job.
    In other words, he's not looking to make like Kyle Orton and nab the best job in sports, backup quarterback. With nearly a third of the league in search of new signal callers, Moore may well land a starting gig on the open market. However, it would be stunning if he signed as anything other than a bridge quarterback to a younger player.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Matt Moore - QB - Dolphins

rotoworld
    Well he can go **** himself because no way he is a starter.

66 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    Mike Wallace - WR - Steelers
    Jan 16 - 2:41 PM

GM Kevin Colbert said Wednesday it's "very doubtful" the Steelers use the franchise tag.

"I don't think we have too many franchise players," Colbert said bluntly. "We're not married to anybody." It's the strongest indication yet the Steelers plan to let Mike Wallace hit the open market, where he'd almost certainly receive an offer Pittsburgh couldn't match. Despite a down 2012, the 26-year-old Wallace figures to be the most sought after free agent wideout.

Source: Ed Bouchette on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Mike Wallace - WR - Steelers
    Jan 16 - 2:41 PM
    He is going to the colts or dolphins

66 TACKLES/4 SACKS/1 FF/3 FR/1TD
    (Season Stats)

vCash
    I like Wallace, but to me he has some Bernard Berrian to him.

vCash
    Glad someone else sees that Wallace/Berrian comparison been saying it all season. I think Minnesota had the right idea with the two tight ends but Carlson even in his prime wasnt the guy, cut him and sign Dustin Keller who fits better with Rudolf because he can get deeper while Rudolf is at his best around the line of scrimage and in the red zone. Sign Levitre to make that oline one of the best in football. Use the draft to upgrade at WR because it'll cost way too much for any of the top guys in free agency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Glad someone else sees that Wallace/Berrian comparison been saying it all season. I think Minnesota had the right idea with the two tight ends but Carlson even in his prime wasnt the guy, cut him and sign Dustin Keller who fits better with Rudolf because he can get deeper while Rudolf is at his best around the line of scrimage and in the red zone. Sign Levitre to make that oline one of the best in football. Use the draft to upgrade at WR because it'll cost way too much for any of the top guys in free agency.
    Ya i was thinking the same thing. Keller would be good but isn't Finley going to be a FA as well? I know he has had a couple of down years but he is someone that can stretch the field too.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Peterson Wants RT Phil Loadholt Back in 2013 and Beyond
    It looks like AP does not want the Vikings to even think about letting Phil Loadholt get away. I personally think he is a great compliment to Kalil since he is so strong in run blocking. I think Kalil will look better after this off-season when he will have some time to really beef up, but letting Phil go would be foolish.

The full story can be found here:
    http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...13-and-beyond/

vCash
    Bernard Berrian career (8 years, 109 Games played) stats: 288 Rec, 4122 Yards, 24 TD

Mike Wallace career (4 years, 63 Games played) stats: 235 Rec, 4042 yards, 32 TD

Wallace has almost surpassed Berrian in every category in half the years (has in TDs). Not really seeing how Wallace is similar to Berrian besides they are both fast.
    Last edited by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS; 01-17-2013 at 06:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    He is going to the colts or dolphins
    My guess would be neither.

I think the Dolphins will draft a WR and sign Greg Jennings. Not sure the Colts have that big of a need for a WR especially to spend big money for one.

vCash
    Bernard Berrian career (8 years, 109 Games played) stats: 288 Rec, 4122 Yards, 24 TD

Mike Wallace career (4 years, 63 Games played) stats: 235 Rec, 4042 yards, 32 TD

Wallace has almost surpassed Berrian in every category in half the years (has in TDs). Not really seeing how Wallace is similar to Berrian besides they are both fast.
    I think what he means is that he doesn't want to dish out top money to get a guy who is pretty much a one trick pony. Regardless of who the player is, if he considered a speedster/deep threat he will always be compared to Bernard Berrian. That guy ruined our fan base when it comes to free agent receivers

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash

Vikingsfan0845 is right more their build style of play but those numbers aren't telling the entire story. Berrian didn't get featured untill his 3rd season Wallace was featured from day one, kinda have to throw out Berrians last season as well he didn't play. Wallace has had just over 400 passes thrown his way already and Berrian had around 480 passes thrown to him his entire career...so numbers don't tell the whole story. Hey Wallace could be a great player thats just my opinion of him.

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast