Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    See above comment LOL
    Great minds!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    Jelly Belly, Starburst, Life Savers, Brachs or no-name?
    Oh, I'm sure we'd be talking generic store brand.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    The source speculated that the Mets willingly would sign Wilson to a minor league deal now

>>>They're not serious then.

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN I believe Mets would jump at signing Wilson to minors deal now, but that doesn't seem realistic. So we'll see how it plays out over time.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    I love Wilson. Do it.
    Watching that knuckler is mesmerizing. It must've broke 5 times. Incredible. We'll miss you R.A.

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN Wilson has been quoted being optimistic about Opening Day. Had TJ surgery in April. Source says, at least right now, still has ways to go.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah well that's why it does have something to do with money.

Wilson isn't going to sign a minor league deal that guarantees him next to nothing coming off TJ surgery or not.

The Mets might not have loved what they saw to guarantee him a major league deal but that's what its gonna most likely take to get him.
    What I am saying it isn't a money issue as in they can't afford him. They don't want to give a spot to a guy who isn't healthy yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota View Post
    "1984" Movie remake about 20 years ago.

Nude scenes with Julia, the female lead (can't remember who played her)

She had the thickest, blackest bush I had ever seen until I saw Brian Wilson's beard.

He looks creepy.
    That was Suzanna Hamilton. I remember it well, lol/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsfaninSTL View Post
    Kinda surprised some you hate him, Ive always liked him
    Some of us hate these self aggrandizing douches who are all about themselves, he's the type of guy you want to smack in the face. However, desperation makes for strange bedfellows, so bring him in; if the arm is still attached.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    What I am saying it isn't a money issue as in they can't afford him. They don't want to give a spot to a guy who isn't healthy yet.
    TJ surgery is obviously common for pitchers to come back from and considering the return we could possibly get from Wilson they should really make a run at him even if it might take till May or June till he is ready.

He provides us a solid closer alternative if and more likely when FF fails.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-14-2013 at 09:03 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I think it has more to do with signing a guy to a big league contract who isn't healthy yet. If he would take a minor league deal with no guarantee spot we would have signed him already.

The money part isn't an issue with Wilson giving the circumstances.
    Incentive deals based on playing time and whatnot are always an option.

vCash
    I'd give Wilson a $2-3M base salary with incentives up to $7M.

vCash
    The worst that could happen is that he doesn't do well and he's gone after year 1. The upside of signing him is definitly higher than the downside is lower.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    The upside of signing him is definitly higher than the downside is lower.
    Exactly.

I also don't think there's ever been a move considered on this forum that just about each person thinks its a good idea. The only real argument against it is wait and see if he's healthy --- but incentive deal covers that base.

It makes sense on just about every level.

No chance it happens.

vCash
    Mike Puma
    Brian Wilson probably shouldn’t change his ring tone to “Meet the Mets” anytime soon.

According to a baseball source Tuesday, the veteran closer didn’t impress the Mets during his workout at UCLA on Saturday and wasn’t deemed worthy of a major league contract at this point in his rehab from Tommy John surgery. Wilson, the source said, wasn’t interested in a minor league deal.

“Physically, he’s not ready,” the source said. “He’s got a ways to go.”

The source said if Wilson is still on the market during spring training, the Mets could hold another audition for him, but the Mets also aren’t in a rush.

In the meantime, the Mets figure to pursue other bullpen options.

The 30-year-old Wilson underwent Tommy John surgery — which generally carries a 12-month rehab — last April. But Wilson also underwent a previous Tommy John surgery, perhaps making teams more cautious in their approach.

Wilson, a three-time All-Star, made $8.5 million in 2012 and was non-tendered by the Giants in November after they won their second World Series in three years. Mets general manager Sandy Alderson watched Wilson’s workout on Saturday.

Wilson’s best year came with the Giants in 2010, when he went 3-3 with a 1.81 ERA and 48 saves.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast