Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    What other teams have shown interest in him?

I'm surprised the Giants didn't try to bring him back as a set up man/back up to Romo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet6986 View Post
    Everyone here seems to be in favor of Wilson.

Prediction: if we don't sign him, there will be screams about how terrible we are, how stupid and cheap we are, how we are not looking to improve, blah blah blah.

Why not wait until the scouting reports and medical records are in? We don't know if he is really healthy or not. I don't want ANY wasted money, because as we all know, the funds are limited.
    You are being too cautious. Its Tommy John- pitchers come back from it all the time. He was a legit talent before it. Even if he lost something, its low risk, high reward, and we need a ton of help in the pen. This is the kind of move that fans should be pissed if we can't convert. We have to sign somebody. This would be forward thinking.

vCash
    **** it

Just sign him
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    Not sure if anyone reported that there are questions when Wilson will be ready. It may be May, June, July...etc. Adam Rubin tweets his rehab still has a way to go. His surgery was in April, nine months ago.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-13-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    It blue light special January, SA does his best shopping off the bargain rack. If SA liked what he saw, he's gonna buy. If the price is too high, well he ain't gonna! That said, why not take a chance if Wilson's velocity is back.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    I'm on board...we need bullpen help in the worst way.

Take a chance if the price is right...and I think the price will be right.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    I think that we should consider signing all of The Beach Boys...why stop at Brian Wilson
    Yeah, who's next, Mike Love?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4FOiVM4bQc
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    He hasn't signed yet, because, if you read the articles, he hasn't shown his old stuff yet. You know SA wants to sign him to a minor league deal with incentives if he plays at the MLB level. Wilson is holding out to see if anyone will just sign him to a MLB contract, no minor leagues.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    I hope he's healthy and we sign him.

vCash
    Sandy Alderson says he's "not sure" if Mets will extend an offer to Brian Wilson, who worked out for them yesterday.
    Mike Puma's twitter

2014-2015 New York Knicks

vCash
    It isn't going to happen...so why discuss it? Strong interest for the Mets is just a ploy to get us to think that they are doing things.

vCash
    They should sign Wilson even if he won't be ready till May or June.

He's a low risk higher reward type guy and who has confidence in FF staying at closer all season?

I know i don't.

vCash
    Bring in the beard!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet6986 View Post
    Everyone here seems to be in favor of Wilson.

Prediction: if we don't sign him, there will be screams about how terrible we are, how stupid and cheap we are, how we are not looking to improve, blah blah blah.

Why not wait until the scouting reports and medical records are in? We don't know if he is really healthy or not. I don't want ANY wasted money, because as we all know, the funds are limited.
    The Mets JUST saw him practice once...and there are some that are already saying this...

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    It isn't going to happen...so why discuss it? Strong interest for the Mets is just a ploy to get us to think that they are doing things.
    I tend to agree. The Mets have historically played the media (or tried to) into thinking one way or another. Even if it was genuine. The simple act of watching Wilson practice did nothing but start the engines of some of the media.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast