Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Home-Court advantage thread

I'm sure many of you guys have been keeping a close watch on the standings but right now we are tied with the Hawks for the 4th best record in the East. I thought we should have our own thread discussing this vital component and what many players/coaches considered a goal of the season.

I've started to pay attention to the box scores for Indiana/Atlanta/Chicago/Boston religiously hoping for them to lose.

If we beat the Pacers tonight we'll be 4th without a tie and only a half game back beyond them for 3rd.

Anywhere between 2 and 7 seed (realistically) is a possibility for us at this point. Although I love my team as much as anyone here, I don't see us beating Miami and definitely think another slump could happen to drop us down to a 7 seed but highly doubt an 8 seed.

With that said LETS KEEP OUR STREAK GOING.
    Last edited by JerseyPalahniuk; 01-13-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Look how close the standings are now:

1. Miami 24-11
    2. New York 23-13
    3. Indiana 23-14
    4. Brooklyn 21-15
    5. Atlanta 21-15
    6. Chicago 20-15
    7. Boston 19-17
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare

vCash
    I thought we could easily be 24-12 right now with losses to Golden State (early on), Minnesota (early on) and one of the Milwaukee games. But, hey I'll take it! Let's keep this momentum going and keep our home court strong. We have a tall task this early evening against Indiana, but I expect us to go out there and be aggressive.

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    After the Pacer and next (Toronto) game, our schedule gets a lot more difficult compared to what we've had so far in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule.../brooklyn-nets

Atlanta x2, Knicks, Wolves (no Love but Pek always destroys), Memphis, Houston, Orlando, Miami, Chicago, Lakers in that order.
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived Dwightmare

vCash
    ^ Going by what you said, let me take a crack at this:

Pacers @ Nets - a real toss up but I take the Nets IF they have D-Will
    Raptors @ Nets - let's not repeat what happened up North (esp. the first half)
    Nets @ Hawks - going to split this home & home
    Hawks @ Nets - Home court adv.
    Nets @ Knicks - Sorry Brooklyn, NYK is taking this series
    Nets @ Wolves - going to be a solid win
    Nets @ Griz - just unstoppable
    Nets @ Rockets - they can score 125 in their sleep
    Magic @ Nets - FINALLY a "W"
    Nets @ Heat - another OKC type win I hope

This would be us at 27-19 and probably 4 or 5 in the east

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    agree with you on the overall record I think but I would say beat the Rockets, lose to Heat. I think Dwill still has revenge on his mind against Lin since it all started against him so he might be extra motivated haha. Under Avery, we would not be able to keep up with that offense but PJC is much better at using the moderate athleticism that we do have in our offense. Then again, all this may look a lot different by the time we get to that game haha.

I would post more schedule related stuff but thats getting waaay to ahead of ourselves. Anything could happen in terms of winning and losing streaks in just the next 5 games that changes the dynamics of our team. As a brand new team, we don't have a true identity so can't forecast a whole month ahead like other more consistent teams can. Although I really would like to predict all the way to the end of the season haha.
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived Dwightmare

vCash
    With proper coaching, this team can beat everybody in the East except for the Heat, homecourt or not.

vCash

The way I see it

is like this
    these next ten games will say pretty much about what kinda team we have going forward for this season. Now barring a significant injury to any of the "big 3" I see it playing out like this. The Nets win 6 or 7 of the next ten this month. Play .600 ball in feb and march which really isn't a stretch if you look at the schedule. A 7 n 2 record in april gives them a 50 win season at least and a third or forth place seed in the eastern conference. A lot of how the seeding plays out is how well they do against the Hawks/Bulls/Pacers/knicks. Those games are the big games for the Nets in how all this settles out. Win those VERY imprtant head to head games and life is good!
    I'm not sure I agree with ITWL on the cause and effect of how the Nets play but I do agree with the premise that the nets can beat any of the rest of the East teams "in a series" MY WORDS except for the Heat. I don't presume to read his thinking but I do believe he means that penciling in a L for games agaist the upper echelon teams in the east is not acceptable. Play them as if you expect to win and there's a solid chance you will.
    But basically it comes down to these ten games coming up right now. The Nets can determine what their season will look like by playing with heart and intensity this month and then they'll see what it looks and feels like to be considered one of the best, not based on paper but on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    agree with you on the overall record I think but I would say beat the Rockets, lose to Heat. I think Dwill still has revenge on his mind against Lin since it all started against him so he might be extra motivated haha. Under Avery, we would not be able to keep up with that offense but PJC is much better at using the moderate athleticism that we do have in our offense. Then again, all this may look a lot different by the time we get to that game haha.

I would post more schedule related stuff but thats getting waaay to ahead of ourselves. Anything could happen in terms of winning and losing streaks in just the next 5 games that changes the dynamics of our team. As a brand new team, we don't have a true identity so can't forecast a whole month ahead like other more consistent teams can. Although I really would like to predict all the way to the end of the season haha.
    Last edited by 1_FrozenNetsFan; 01-13-2013 at 04:56 PM.

vCash
    Chicago's coming full speed ahead. Held Atlanta to 58 tonight. Dayum

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400278278
    I survived Melodrama
    I survived Dwightmare

vCash
    Have to keep pace with them
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    i see the nets winning tonight. between the morale of the hawks after the bulls game and josh smith not playing tonight, i dont see the nets streak ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    I think the X factor tonight might just be if Wallace plays. I'm thinking this game is a toss up if Wallace doesn't play.

vCash
    I think the 4-5 seed is probably the most realistic range, with the Nets, Pacers, and Hawks duking it out for the last home court spot. But I think if this team really ends on a strong note they can do some damage in the playoffs. The talent is definitely there. I'll be keeping an eye on them all year.