Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

John Mitchell : I Miss Sweet Lou.

This guy is on a roll. We need Lou back.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...a_big_man.html

vCash

We dont need lou back.....

We need a shooting guard thats better than lou....

You are making a false equivilency.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Also, a terribly written article regardless of my personal feelings on the topic.

He just says things without justifying himself.... Like "he wouldnt have stunted jrue holiday" but he doesnt explain why.

Ricky.... U could write an article defending lou that would be a million times better... I still wouldnt agree, but at least ud put some semblace of reasoning behind ur writing. Lol.

Bholly was right.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 01-13-2013 at 12:03 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

John Mitchell is a disgrace. Has been ever since he got Fagan's job when she moved to ESPN. Anyone who has a clue about Sixers coverage knows this.

vCash
    people seem to have this image in their heads that lou was the only guy who was attacking the basket last season.... but lou was probably the most guilty party of playing "collins ball" he took a lot of really bad long 2s as well.... had, by far, the most questionable shot selection on the team.

he did attack more than the others, but that was probably just simple a case of him having the highest usage rate on the team....

i love how mitchell praises lou for shooting 42% lol....

also, u can ignore than lou signed a multi year deal, while the sixers were/are in a transition phase....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    ricky, before u start calling me a hater, ill reiterate what ive been saying since last season (which uve never EVER addressed)

if lou played off the ball instead of "the lou show" with holiday (and yes, turner as well) hed have had a higher fg% the team would have won the atlantic and lou would be one of the best (3rd or 4th tier) shooting guards in the league.... but the world doesnt work on maybes.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Nah, I'd say the only thing he did well was the fact that he was the best at drawing contact and getting to the line. Much better at that than anyone else we had last year or this year. One of the best in the league actually.

But besides that. Yeah, he affected the team negatively in almost every other possible way.

vCash
    best in the league? i find that questionable. what was his ft rate per fg attempt compared to others?

i dont know where to find stats like that.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    best in the league? i find that questionable. what was his ft rate per fg attempt compared to others?

i dont know where to find stats like that.
    I bet it was pretty high actually. I'd think you would want to use ft/min though, but both stats would be helpful. He was great at getting to the line. I'll defend Lou to the grave on that point.

vCash

I'm using "one of the league's best" semi-loosely too. I'll try looking it up when I can get to a computer, but I'm thinking like top 20 in the league or better.

vCash
    im not sure i agree, but seeing both those stats and where he ranked last season among the league leaders could quicky prove me wrong

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    http://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/fta-fga

this i found.... 41st in the league.... 8th among guards (from what i counted)

better than i thought.

just wish he played off the ball

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Here you go. You may have to sort the stats yourself, but they're right here:

FT Rate (per min) leaders last year, of players who played 40+ games and 25+ minutes per game. 13th in the league, between Russell Westbrook and Dirk Nowitzki: http://www.hoopdata.com/regstats.asp...&gp=40&mins=25

FT per FGA attempt last year, with the same qualifies. He ranked 31st, right between Gerald Wallace and Melo: http://www.hoopdata.com/scoringstats...&gp=40&mins=25

The year before, he ranked 12th (between Amare and Sessions) and 24th (between Lebron and Westbrook) in those same stats, respectively. I had to adjust it to players who played 20+ minutes per game, because he only played 23 mpg that year.

If you just compare him to backcourt players, those rankings are even much better, because the big men are only ever shooting under the basket and naturally drawing more contact.

vCash
    No Hydro, your stats are no good because you can't set any qualifies. So that's including guys that almost never play, so their stats are outliers. And I was also talking about last season and season's prior, because that's what he did as a Sixer. What he does as a Hawk is less relevant because he's in a different system with different players and such.

The stats I'm using show he's one of the best in the league and has been for some time.

But again, that's one thing he does great. Almost everything else he does is detrimental to the team in one way or another.

vCash
    much better than i thougt....

still dont miss the terrible shot selecton, wasted possessions by early shot cloc fg attemps,

ill say it again and again... he should have played off the ball 100% of the time... but he didnt and therfor we dont miss him.

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast