• Cleveland Cavaliers

7 21.21%
  • Los Angeles Lakers

26 78.79%
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
    vCash
    I hope we beat Miami only because I hate LeBaby

vCash
    Also, you guys have to take into account the actual play, not just who we played against. On offense, TOs killed, but on defense, we actually rotated pretty nicely theouout the game and contested most shots.
    Sure, the Cavs had some runs but every team does, and it was mostly due to the offense being inefficient at times.

Clark on the floor with Dwight was great defensively. The Cavs didn't get a whole lot of easy looks, some yes, but not too many like other teams were getting. Yes, the Cavs are bad. But if we played no defense, we might have lost.

I'm taking this game as a step in the right direction for our defense. Hopefully, this type of defense carries into the more important games against better teams.

vCash
    Sorry, double post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Jeebus...I see Vinylman's toxic cloud of depressive faux realism is hard at work today....

Nobody's suggesting that beating the Cavs was a demonstration on invulnerability. It was an attempt to stop the bleeding, and at least yesterday the bleeding was stopped.

Yes, we lost six games after we won at Portland. But does anybody remember what we also lost after Portland? Anyone? You in the back with your hand up?

Yes, that's right -- we eventually lost our three best post players. Has any team in the league lost its three best post players this year? Can we all agree that the answer to that question is a resounding no?

The idea that nothing good happened yesterday is symptomatic of the constant black/white thinking on this forum -- and particularly Vinylman's desire to be right about his early season predictions of doom. Every win is taken as proof of manifest destiny, every loss means someone must be lynched. It's lazy and stupid and all the more so because at least some of the people doing it are clearly smarter than that.

We won. You can grade the degree of difficulty all you want, but if we had lost with Howard on the floor the roof would have caved in on this team. And that didn't happen. And that makes me think, at least for today, that maybe this team has finally found its floor.

Dude you are so delusional it is comical

we played Portland on the 28th and won convincingly because of how we shot the 3 well

we get 3 days off

we play Philly who was 2-8 in their last 10 at the time and on the 5th game of a 9 game road trip AT HOME and LOST

we get 2 more days off

we play the clippers in LA and LOST

we get 1 day off

we play Denver (who is on the 2nd night of a Road Back to Back) in LA and LOST

Who was out for injuries during this time period? STEVE BLAKE

For those counting we had 6 OFF DAYS IN 9 DAYS

Why is it negative to now say the same thing could possible happen if we don't shoot the 3 well? We have more players out than we did then... with the portland win we had won 6 of the previous 7... are you saying we are playing better now than then?

Your ability to spin a Laker fairytale always crumbles in the face of facts

I look forward to your emotional retort...
    Last edited by Vinylman; 01-14-2013 at 03:19 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post

we played Portland on the 28th and won convincingly because of how we shot the 3 well

we get 3 days off

we play Philly who was 2-8 in their last 10 at the time and on the 5th game of a 9 game road trip AT HOME and LOST

we get 2 more days off

we get 1 day off

Why is it negative to now say the same thing could possible happen if we don't shoot the 3 well? We have more players out than we did then... with the portland win we had won 6 of the previous 7... are you saying we are playing better now than then?

Booooooooooooo!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    Booooooooooooo!!!
    This!

Times infinity!!!

Booooooooooooo!!!

vCash
    Vinyl and Gail, do both of you live out in So Cal? If so, next time I'm out there, us 3 are going out for a drink and I'm gonna mediate an in-person debate. You guys need a 1 v 1, in-person battle.

I'll get the first round

vCash
    ...first round of drinks that is. Not the first round of the debate.

vCash

we get 3 days off

we get 2 more days off

we get 1 day off

As to the substance of your remarks, I'm afraid you're getting a double .

During the six-game losing streak, neither Pau, D12 nor Hill played in the last three games of that streak. So, when I said we ended up losing our post contingent during that slide, I meant it. Moreover, all three of those players were already playing with injuries, and D12 and Hill were playing with injuries that would later cause them to be sidelined during that run.

So that's one .

On the subject of claiming that last night's game was simply a continuation of our reliance on three-point shooting, the stats don't bear you out. Yes, we shot 25 3's and hit 13, for a 52% average. But shooting 13 3's only gives us an extra 13 points versus shooting 2's, and we won by 20, so that's clearly outside the margin.

What was our 2-point shooting percentage? Well, we went 27-44, which is 61.3%, which is pretty damn good. And as you yourself noted last night, we clearly started inside out, and did tremendous damage inside before the 3-balls started raining. In the first quarter -- which we blew the Cavs out of 37-20 -- we only made 3 threes, so it's clearly not the case that we got the lead or held them down by raining shots from the arc.

Yes, turnovers were a problem again, but of our 22 TO's D12 himself had 7. Not good, but also probably more related to his shoulder issues and back issues than anything about the team itself. His career TO margin is a bit above 3, and so far this year he's at about 3.4. Not great, but considering how much traffic he plays in and the fact that he's undersized it's not surprising.

So that, collectively, is your second .

On a more collegial note, let's not all forget too quickly exactly who it was that brought Earl Clark to the attention of the Lakers:

When Gasol had to leave the game with a bloody nose, Karl chose seldom-used Earl Clark off the Lakers' bench to shoot Gasol's free throws with 1:05 to play. Clark coolly made both shots to trim the Nuggets' lead to 105-99, kick-starting the Lakers' late comeback attempt.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278223
    It would be really sweet if Clark played a part in a victory over Denver. And maybe accidentally bounced a ball off Karl's noggin in the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Vinyl and Gail, do both of you live out in So Cal? If so, next time I'm out there, us 3 are going out for a drink and I'm gonna mediate an in-person debate. You guys need a 1 v 1, in-person battle.

I'll get the first round
    He loves me. You can tell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    This!

Times infinity!!!

Booooooooooooo!!!
    get sarcasm much?

guess not

LMFAO

vCash
    get sarcasm much?

guess not

LMFAO
    No, I did indeed get the sarcasm.

But since the comment was appended to your post and not mine, and only the relatively few lifers in this forum would know it was sarcasm directed at me, I figured I'd pile on and effectively trump the sarcasm with my own boo!

I'm happy with the result.

Now, about this man-crush you have on me....

vCash
    Last night's win was not necessarily because we were playing the cavs. We had lots of turnovers, but most of those came after we jumped out to a 19 point lead and then just kind of zoned out a bit. The defense and energy was pretty good and that was why we won. The activity level of howard was also very good. If Howard plays with that kind of energy every game, this roster, this team as is currently constructed, without making that much of an improvement can and would beat every team in the west not named okc and sas. To get over okc and sas though we need to improve our execution on both ends.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657