Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

7 21.21%
  • Los Angeles Lakers

26 78.79%
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    There's different degrees of concussions. Kobe's obviously wasn't as severe as Pau's or else Kobe would have missed some games.. The player HAS to be cleared by the NBA director of the concussion program in order to play. Not a team doctor but a doctor selected by the NBA. There is no, "I want to play so I'm playing."
    Last edited by soundjunkies2; 01-13-2013 at 03:41 PM.

vCash
    I really don't mean to be the sour grapes guy, but if we can't beat the Cavs our season has lost all hope whatsoever. Even if we're not mathematically out of it, you need to beat teams like this if you're gonna even TRY to play with teams like Memphis and OKC.

vCash
    I get what you're trying to say, but Pau's concussion is WAY worse. Stuff that has to do with your head is not something to mess with. No reason to come back early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soundjunkies2 View Post
    There's different degrees of concussions. Kobe's obviously wasn't as severe as Pau's or else Kobe would have missed some games.. The player HAS to be cleared by the NBA director of the concussion program in order to play. Not a team doctor but a doctor selected by the NBA. There is no, "I want to play so I'm playing."
    There's nothing that proves that pau's concussion is worse.

And I'm pretty sure Kobe forced doctors hands so many times to play in his career.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post

And I'm pretty sure Kobe forced doctors hands so many times to play in his career.
    Well the fact Pau hasn't passed all the test needed to play is a pretty good indication that his concussion is worst.

He's never had to force a doctors hand with a head injury. The NBA concussion policy is so strict that there is no way he could talk a doctor into letting him play. He has to be cleared by a doctor that is appointed by the NBA and not a team doctor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soundjunkies2 View Post
    Well the fact Pau hasn't passed all the test needed to play is a pretty good indication that his concussion is worst.

He's never had to force a doctors hand with a head injury. The NBA concussion policy is so strict that there is no way he could talk a doctor into letting him play. He has to be cleared by a doctor that is appointed by the NBA and not a team doctor.
    LMAO

just because you keep writing it doesn't make it reality...

the first thing the doctor asks him is how are you doing... that is 90% of the evaluation... if he is a ***** and says he is groggy or not all there they won't even do the minimal tests that they do... which are basically easily passed. this is all on Pau's state of mind... now is it possible that he really is out of it? i believe that could be true but we have seen time and time again how emotionally frail this guy is...

There is a reason Europe is the "soft" continent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    No Varejao.

We should win With or without Dwight/Pau.
    We are capable of losing to any team home or away no matter the lineup
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Should be easy because Kobe is focused guarding Kyrie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    LMAO

just because you keep writing it doesn't make it reality...

the first thing the doctor asks him is how are you doing... that is 90% of the evaluation... if he is a ***** and says he is groggy or not all there they won't even do the minimal tests that they do... which are basically easily passed. this is all on Pau's state of mind... now is it possible that he really is out of it? i believe that could be true but we have seen time and time again how emotionally frail this guy is...

There is a reason Europe is the "soft" continent
    Amazing, I agree with Vinylman

Except for the Europe is soft continent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post

With respect to Kobe's injuries, I can only remember one of them being a head injury.

With more and more information coming out on concussions, all of these leagues are taking it very seriously because they don't want to end up getting rocked with lawsuits for negligence.

Of course the NFL is a lot more dangerous but if Pau has a bad concussion and gets hit again (yes, I know the chances are slim) he can do serious long term damage. I understand he seems like a ***** for not playing and I do agree with Vinylman that he probably doesn't want to play either because of the injury, but Pau is a smart guy and actually has a medical background (he wants to become a surgeon once he retires) so he probably does not want to risk any long term damage.

if it were a playoff game, he'd probably play. Some of us are considering this to be a playoff game but in reality, if we can't beat a Cavs team (especially without Varajao) then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

vCash
    Yeah we all know Kobe is a fan of Steve O and Jonny Knoxville.

that doesnt mean everybody should try the Bee-kini.

Next?

vCash
    Lose by 6... but we'll have a good effort lol

vCash
    We better ****ing win... We are at home again 0-6 sense Kobe's twitter crap and no wins in 2013 and we are playing a crapy team with one player, if we lose boy oh boy (----------)

Like dantonie said the season starts today lol god I hate everything that comes out of that *******s mouth.... Spend more time on defense and less time sucking balls,.. If they lose this will be the worst

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Lose by 6... but we'll have a good effort lol
    encouraging loss

vCash
    Pau still out, dwight is game time decision tho

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast