Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The only good game the Lakers have played?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuyTnFiFiLU

Takes the mind off their other failures.

vCash
    Not the only one, but there were not that many.

vCash
    You know its a bad year when you have a thread title like this nearly halfway into the season and I knew exactly what game you were talking about.

The PSD's Mack-Donald's Crew (formerly the Sheldon Richardson Crew) Members: Raidaz4life, raiderposting, HunterNRoss, N. Cog Neato, RaiderKid318, theGhost-isGone, NYRaiderLove, raiderizer, weeman323, RaJAxTWa, laek, Wolfe-Raider

vCash
    I thought it might've been vs the Trailblazers a couple weeks ago.

vCash
    As I was watching the game I heard the announcers talking about how Kobe and Metta like to play in the post and how they need a stretch 4 it dawned on me how 2 perimeter players are taking up possesions from our best post players and leaves them in limbo because they cannot shoot. That could be the problem there.

Don't let your cape get caught on the Kareem statue

vCash
    We've had several good games, mostly under bernie. It's easy to forget that under bernie we were blowing out teams like golden state and Houston pretty easily and that was without nash or blake, which provides support for the notion that it's not the way the team is built that's the issue, but the style of basketball we've been playing under d'antoni.

vCash
    Our best defensive perimeter players are in the post while our bigs are at the top. When there is a missed shot our quickest guys are by the basket and our slowest players are at the top which is a recipe for horrible transition defense. The opposing guards just gotta go around our bigs and they have a free lane to the basket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    We've had several good games, mostly under bernie. It's easy to forget that under bernie we were blowing out teams like golden state and Houston pretty easily and that was without nash or blake, which provides support for the notion that it's not the way the team is built that's the issue, but the style of basketball we've been playing under d'antoni.
    With the exception of those five games, coaching has been the biggest failure of this team all season long.

vCash

The only good game the Lakers have played?

Best games so far are at golden state and Christmas Day vs nyk

vCash
    best game for me was against Detroit.

vCash
    Coaching is a problem only because ownership hired the wrong coach and turned down the chance to rehire the most successful coach in both league and laker history. Don't blame D'Antoni for being D'Antoni. Everyone knew who he was, and how he coached and what kind of team he needed in order to succeed even partially. Jim Bus and/or Mitch is responsible for this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scripts View Post
    Coaching is a problem only because ownership hired the wrong coach and turned down the chance to rehire the most successful coach in both league and laker history. Don't blame D'Antoni for being D'Antoni. Everyone knew who he was, and how he coached and what kind of team he needed in order to succeed even partially. Jim Bus and/or Mitch is responsible for this.
    Water and oil don't mix.

vCash
    Heard somewhere that the Lakers were the only team under 500 that had a positive point differential...of course this probably changed over the past few games
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KillaInstinct24 View Post
    Heard somewhere that the Lakers were the only team under 500 that had a positive point differential...of course this probably changed over the past few games
    Still true: http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

It's also true that the team I think we can most likely catch for 8th place in the West -- Portland -- is currently the only playoff-bound team in the WC with a negative point differential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Still true: http://espn.go.com/nba/standings

It's also true that the team I think we can most likely catch for 8th place in the West -- Portland -- is currently the only playoff-bound team in the WC with a negative point differential.
    We can still catch most of the teams. There's lots of basketball to play and the team has the talent to do it, but it won't happen unless we commit to playing inside out like we were doing with bernie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast