Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    According to this, Taillon is on the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    i wonder which team will he be matched against. TBH i would pretty much throw our worst pitcher against the US and hope to win the other two games. Our starting pitching is very weak and the US roster this time around is the best they've put up in comparison to the other 2 WBC's.

vCash
    Awesome

vCash
    I officially just got a hardon. Hes by far our best starting pitcher. However, im not sure if we would use him in that role (the Pirates will probably have a strong say in his workload and how he is handled)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adid727 View Post
    We do get pissed off even more than you, since in the states, if trout turns down an invitation to the wbc, you would still have someone like Adam Jones step in and play. But in our case, if ryan dempster turn down an invitation to play, then we are stuck with AA starting pitcher at best, so it really hurts canada a lot more than the US when players decline to join the roster.
    lol this is exactly what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    You know i was thinking about this, i doubt the pirates want tallion to pitch for anyone, i wonder what interest he personally has, but i could see him pitching for canada early in his career and then America when he gets good.
    4 years from now when tallion is a major league stud, he will be donning a US flag lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Farsight View Post
    I officially just got a hardon. Hes by far our best starting pitcher. However, im not sure if we would use him in that role (the Pirates will probably have a strong say in his workload and how he is handled)
    I wonder what would happen if it's the 7th inning, US vs Canada and Tallion is throwing a perfect game, do they keep him in?

vCash
    Also does anyone know if Fergie Jenkins will be a coach or adviser at all? He is without a doubt the best Canadian baseball player ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I wonder what would happen if it's the 7th inning, US vs Canada and Tallion is throwing a perfect game, do they keep him in?
    Im sure they will take him out. As much as i do love the WBC, it would be dumb to put that much stress on someones arm so early on, especially since this takes place during spring training and not the middle of the season. Im sure the Pirates will give the Canadian coaching staff a pitch limit, which he should not succeed

vCash
    There's a tournament wide pitch limit for everyone.

vCash
    Yup, I think it's a pitch count of 30 or 40. Teams will be using 4,5,6 pitchers a game.

vCash
    the limit is 65 pitches. Its to make sure that teams like the US and Japan make it to the second round and not get shutout by one pitcher who is on his day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by adid727 View Post
    the limit is 65 pitches. Its to make sure that teams like the US and Japan make it to the second round and not get shutout by one pitcher who is on his day.
    lol hey it's also to help the Dominican.

vCash
    Nice to have Taillon pitching for us.. We still have a very questionable staff.. I still think we could best Mexico. Here is hoping they start Felix against the US

props to vick27m

"Art was my first major in college but it was too hard, so I majored in math"
    Ron Artest

vCash
    Felix is Venezuelan, isn't he.

vCash
    Felix is Venezuelan, isn't he.
    Yup.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast