Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    as long as the packers have a qb who can win superbowls they can be fixed

vCash
    packers should get rid of their gm, no qb gets sacked more than rodgers every year not to mention their defense blows. how do you continue to let a top 3 qb in the league continue to take punishment almost every week.

vCash
    ^ People are really ignoring all the injuries on the OL. The GM can't predict that.

And he takes a ton of hits because he holds the ball forever. That is a fact. The line is shaky, but he takes a shitload of unnecessary hits that are not the OL's fault.

vCash
    If I'm the Pack they need to draft OL. They just got manhandled by a great 49er team.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    packers should get rid of their gm, no qb gets sacked more than rodgers every year not to mention their defense blows. how do you continue to let a top 3 qb in the league continue to take punishment almost every week.
    It doesnt help that Rodgers loves holding onto the ball way to long. The Packers could definatly be fixed but the problem is eventually going to be money. If they want to keep Rodgers, Mathews, Cobb etc they are going to have to pay for it so its going to have to be good drafting with trying to upgrade where they can with mid-tier players.

This team reminds me of the Chargers when LT was playing, so much talent but the coaching is going to hinder them.

vCash
    yes, they should trade Rodgers and start rebuilding...

2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
    It doesnt help that Rodgers loves holding onto the ball way to long. The Packers could definatly be fixed but the problem is eventually going to be money. If they want to keep Rodgers, Mathews, Cobb etc they are going to have to pay for it so its going to have to be good drafting with trying to upgrade where they can with mid-tier players.

This team reminds me of the Chargers when LT was playing, so much talent but the coaching is going to hinder them.
    That's always conveniently overlooked. Same story with Cutler, same with Luck, etc. Sacks aren't ALWAYS on the o-line yet that seems to be the only way fans evaluate o-lines. You look at QBs like Brady and Peyton and theres a reason they are almost always near the top of the board when it comes to sack% despite numerous starting o-lines throughout their long careers.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 01-13-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    2014 Adopt-A-Lion: Golden Tate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    Please walk in front of a bus. You're an idiot, and what's wrong with NFL fans. Have fun losing next weekend tool.. Get some class.
    Hard to walk in front of a bus when your riding on a bandwagon...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    That's always conveniently overlooked. Same story with Cutler, same with Luck, etc. Sacks aren't ALWAYS on the o-line yet that seems to be the only way fans evaluate o-lines. You look at QBs like Brady and Peyton and theres a reason they are almost always near the top of the board when it comes to sack% despite numerous starting o-lines throughout their long careers.
    The packers o-line gets to much hate IMO, they do well considering Rodgers likes to pitch a tent everytime he drops back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    Not sure about that Rodgers comment of yours. He's a great pocket passer who only runs when he needs to, has an accurate arm in the pocket and on the run, and is arguably the best QB in the league at the present time.

As for the defense:

Sign Romeo Crennel as the new DC, and use your 1st and 2nd picks on the defense and OL.

Some good players, that shouldn't be too overpriced are available as FA's too. Guys like Melton, Kruger and Barwin would all help.

For the offense:

If they can't re-sign Jennings, go for someone like Bowe. Forget Finley and draft a TE (maybe in the 3rd round), while picking up another one as a FA.

And Reggie Bush sure would look good in Green Bay, imo.

This is off the top of my head, so I'm not completely sure of who is available, cap space, etc. Packers are still a top team, but they do need some changes on defense.

GM Ted Thompson doesn't like to sign FA's. He's well-known not to. He needs to change IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DRS172 View Post
    I love how the Packers O-line is being scapegoated here. They gave up only 1 sack the entire game and helped a UDFA RB rush for nearly 5 yards a carry. It's not their fault that their QB holds onto the ball forever trying to get the big play. Or that him and Mike "Martz" McCarthy are terrible when it comes to balanced playcalling. I mean, Harris was running great in the first half. So what happens in the second half when down only by 3? Shotgun with either just Kuhn or an empty backfield. Which of course tips their hand that they have absolutely no intention of running the ball. This is the equivalent of going into a boxing ring with one armed tied behind your back. So you have an offense that is both one dimensional and completely predictable. That's surely a winning combo! Add to it that you're running a hurry up and repeatedly going three and out, and the obvious happens... your finesse defense gets gassed because they're on the field too much. Sad thing is this stuff has been brought up before last night, but it was always dismissed as the rantings of a "Rodgers hater".
    Rodgers had enough time last night, said so himself in the presser after the game.

rodgers is a pocket passer but there's been alot of talk for many years now about how he likes the shotgun. Great. But it really handicaps the run game b/c you're just less likely to run out of it. They need to change that and have Rodgers work more from center. Worked fine for guys like Montana.

In Week 1 the Packers rushed 18 times, guess how many times they ran last night? 16

that means that McCarthy actually ran less last night than in week 1. This is with a re-vamped run game, when the Packers were actually having success running the ball in the last quarter of the season. The Packers averaged an amazing 6.5/yrd per rush last night, which makes things way worse.

Rediculous, Mike McCarthy deserves more of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I'm surprised no one else has talked about it but the Ross fumble was the difference in the game. At least in my mind. We gave them 7 points which at the time we had the upper hand in the chess match. Then on the following kick off we start at the 7 because of the Kuhn holding. I'm not sure why MM put Ross back there because he said himself he didn't want another Kyle Williams type of play. Punt returns are a lot different than kick returns and I think we saw why. Ross took his eyes off the ball. Something we saw from him a couple of weeks back on the lateral pass from Cobb. Didn't make sense, thought MM knew better than that.
    I don't know, for all the talk about facing Peterson twice and holding him to 99 yards in the PO game the Packers gave up 100 yrds rushing in the first 1.5 Qtr's last night. That aint good, that aint SuperBowl worthy.

it was 24 all in the middle of the qtr 3 and I felt like the Niners were dominating everything and had the game.

the final score was closer b/c of the late TD by Green Bay, it could've finished 45-24.

vCash
    they have the best qb in the game so thats one thing going for them

vCash
    I'm sure TT and company are sitting back looking at who's all getting healthy (Two first round tackles, a first round LB, and the defenses best tackler) and thinking nothing else needs to change.

vCash
    Wow.

I'm not even going in the Packers forum because I know that there's people that are just the biggest downers when the Packers lose, call to fire everyone, cut everyone, sign X and Y FA, and I'm not dealing with that.
    Last night was a debacle. Their Defense sucked ***. We need someone opposite Clay, someone who isn't awful. We need O-Linemen(people say blah the 49ers or other team used first round picks on their o-line) they forget that the Packers have spent 1st round Picks on O-line and they never pan out.

The Packers aren't broken and don't need to be fixed. They need to be maintenanced and slightly oiled.

PS i only used 49ers as example because i think someone said something about it in the game thread
    Nobody ****s with the Gustav

5 GA / 4 G / 1 A
    Adopt a Packers \/ Davante Adams and Sammy Shields

Davante Adams - 17 Rec, 188 Yards, 2 TD

Sam Shields- 12 Tackles, 2 INTs, 6 PassD

vCash
    First off, can we get into a season without losing a key defensive player for the year?

Perry and Bishop are run stoppers, and they would have made a difference. I'm not saying the Packers would have won, but you can be sure that at least Bishop would have stayed in his lane and not attack on the read option.

The missing pieces on defense are already here, getting back a healthy Bishop will do wonders. Also if Perry and Worthy can stay healthy and progress that will help with the double teams on Matthews. Hayward will be another year wiser.

I think that Capers needs to go, but we stick with a coach who runs the 3-4. No denying that Matthews is a typical 3-4 pass rush LB, if we were to switch, its likely he's not nearly as effective.

What the Packers really need is a better O-line, drafting it will be necessary.
    As always, flame responsibly.

vCash
    WTF is going on? Everyone needs to chill out did we all forget this team won the Super Bowl 2 seasons ago?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast