Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Can the Packers be fixed?

Defense continues to allow 40 burgers just about every postseason. They can't stop the run at all. It's embarrassing. Dom Capers is an idiot. The run game shows flashes, but that's probably all Harris is. A flash. The O-line is just terrible. The receivers don't want to resign. Finley usually can't hold onto the ball. Rodgers basically always plays well, but his game is predicated on athleticism and doesn't look like it translates well for an over 30 career. The defense simply can't get off the field. They stay there over and over. When the game is on the line and you need to stop the run it just never happens.

It just looks like a mess. Something has to change because the QB is just playing too good to keep getting bounced like this. I feel bad for Mathews too. Guy plays his butt off. Stays in his lane. Draws double teams and still plays well.

Can they be fixed?

vCash
    Sign Rashard mendenhall
    Sign a solid de, and then another lb

And oline

Boom fixed
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 01-13-2013 at 01:11 AM.

vCash
    Get rid of MM/Capers
    Sign some Oline help....Running back with this Oline would be bad
    Let Finely/Jennings walk
    Draft offensive replacements while finally buying defensive play makers

Teams rush 3 or 4 and always get pressure on Rodgers....It takes the Packers 5 or 6 guys and we still do not get pressure....Mathews has no help and the one guy giving him help we didnt want to spend to resign in Jenkins.

We are pretenders and were pretenders last year and will continue to be pretenders until they fix the defense. Rodgers is being wasted and will continue to be wasted. You can win one or 2 games in the playoffs with a great QB....You cant win a superbowl without great team play.

Those are the points the packers have given up in playoff losses under Rodgers.... That is insane. Fix the ****ing Lines.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Getting Kap'd is nothing to be ashamed of.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    The best weapons any and every QB can have is a great defense.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Getting Kap'd is nothing to be ashamed of.
    How about getting Eli'ed, Warner'ed? Now we let a QB run over 170 yards and go untouched for all, but 3 of them. The defense sucks. I don't care if Tom Brady dismantled us. He'd probably drop 60. Doesn't change the fact the defense blows.

vCash
    It baffles me how teams like Chicago and Green Bay who has had known oline issues the past 5 years have failed to solve the problem. A qb can only do so much by changing the play.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    It baffles me how teams like Chicago and Green Bay who has had known oline issues the past 5 years have failed to solve the problem. A qb can only do so much by changing the play.
    Yep. The 49ers invested three 1st round picks in lineman. 2 of them in one draft. It's paying off.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Yes, They only need better coaching, A couple OL and they are fix.

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fired-Up View Post
    Defense continues to allow 40 burgers just about every postseason. They can't stop the run at all. It's embarrassing. Dom Capers is an idiot. The run game shows flashes, but that's probably all Harris is. A flash. The O-line is just terrible. The receivers don't want to resign. Finley usually can't hold onto the ball. Rodgers basically always plays well, but his game is predicated on athleticism and doesn't look like it translates well for an over 30 career. The defense simply can't get off the field. They stay there over and over. When the game is on the line and you need to stop the run it just never happens.

It just looks like a mess. Something has to change because the QB is just playing too good to keep getting bounced like this. I feel bad for Mathews too. Guy plays his butt off. Stays in his lane. Draws double teams and still plays well.

Can they be fixed?
    Not sure about that Rodgers comment of yours. He's a great pocket passer who only runs when he needs to, has an accurate arm in the pocket and on the run, and is arguably the best QB in the league at the present time.

As for the defense:

Sign Romeo Crennel as the new DC, and use your 1st and 2nd picks on the defense and OL.

Some good players, that shouldn't be too overpriced are available as FA's too. Guys like Melton, Kruger and Barwin would all help.

For the offense:

If they can't re-sign Jennings, go for someone like Bowe. Forget Finley and draft a TE (maybe in the 3rd round), while picking up another one as a FA.

And Reggie Bush sure would look good in Green Bay, imo.

This is off the top of my head, so I'm not completely sure of who is available, cap space, etc. Packers are still a top team, but they do need some changes on defense.
    Last edited by torrance; 01-13-2013 at 01:37 AM.

11. 01-13-2013, 01:36 AM
    Reason
    baiting/quoting deleted posts

vCash
    yes, Rodgers has hid the packers deficiencies, really they need better o-line men and and improvement in the front 7 other than clay for run defense, the running backs will fix themselves with a good o-line

vCash
    The Packers are easily fixable. Their OL and defense are complete garbage, and they have no run game, yet they're still a top 7-10 team. They HAVE to do something on the OL. They need a really good block consuming DE and another pass-rusher to step up opposite Matthews.

I say they should draft the best OL/DL available in the draft and try to sign a couple of mid-grade free agents on defense. They'll still be contending for at the very least a WC next season. The Vikes and Bears have more problems than the Packers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    The Packers are easily fixable. Their OL and defense are complete garbage, and they have no run game, yet they're still a top 7-10 team. They HAVE to do something on the OL. They need a really good block consuming DE and another pass-rusher to step up opposite Matthews.

I say they should draft the best OL/DL available in the draft and try to sign a couple of mid-grade free agents on defense. They'll still be contending for at the very least a WC next season. The Vikes and Bears have more problems than the Packers.
    lol maybe the vikes do, bears just need an oline and hopefully a good oc/offensive coach

but pack will always be in the running as long as they have Rodgers under center

15. 01-13-2013, 02:43 AM
    Reason
    baiting/quoting deleted posts

vCash
    I love how the Packers O-line is being scapegoated here. They gave up only 1 sack the entire game and helped a UDFA RB rush for nearly 5 yards a carry. It's not their fault that their QB holds onto the ball forever trying to get the big play. Or that him and Mike "Martz" McCarthy are terrible when it comes to balanced playcalling. I mean, Harris was running great in the first half. So what happens in the second half when down only by 3? Shotgun with either just Kuhn or an empty backfield. Which of course tips their hand that they have absolutely no intention of running the ball. This is the equivalent of going into a boxing ring with one armed tied behind your back. So you have an offense that is both one dimensional and completely predictable. That's surely a winning combo! Add to it that you're running a hurry up and repeatedly going three and out, and the obvious happens... your finesse defense gets gassed because they're on the field too much. Sad thing is this stuff has been brought up before last night, but it was always dismissed as the rantings of a "Rodgers hater".

vCash
    Wow, back away from the cliff. We'll be fine.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast