Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sold

vCash
    There is a lot more to being a good QB than just being able to throw the ball. There are plenty of QBs out there that have a cannon for an arm, but aren't star QBs or even good ones, let a lone a starter. Its whats between the ears that really separate the great from the good ones. Then, once in a generation, you get a guy like Tom Brady, who has the arm, pedigree and brains to succeed. I'd much rather have a guy with an average arm that has a great grasp on the game.

vCash
    I don't know about you guys but I was happy when we didn't sign Manning and am twice as happy now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yeolde9erfan View Post
    I don't know about you guys but I was happy when we didn't sign Manning and am twice as happy now.
    Yep! Sorta PO'd a bunch of people around here (Denver area) when I said that I was glad the 49ers didn't sign Peyton as I didn't consider him a true upgrade to what we had, specially come playoff time. Guess I shouldn't remind them that I said that.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Yep! Sorta PO'd a bunch of people around here (Denver area) when I said that I was glad the 49ers didn't sign Peyton as I didn't consider him a true upgrade to what we had, specially come playoff time. Guess I shouldn't remind them that I said that.
    Not to mention what his contract would have cost the team, woulda hamstrung the franchise for years to come.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I say share the crack. ****ing holding out on me....

I know... he's a little ***** like that isn't he?
    Sorry guys.... All gone now.

vCash
    I had said all along I didn't want Manning because I wanted to prove to people we could win with Alex or any other QB under center with JH. I also knew if we won it all with Peyton it would be all about how Peyton won the SB for the Niners that they couldn't do without him. I sure didn't want to hear that. I got laughed at, smiled, and am still smiling now.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    There is a lot more to being a good QB than just being able to throw the ball. There are plenty of QBs out there that have a cannon for an arm, but aren't star QBs or even good ones, let a lone a starter. Its whats between the ears that really separate the great from the good ones. Then, once in a generation, you get a guy like Tom Brady, who has the arm, pedigree and brains to succeed. I'd much rather have a guy with an average arm that has a great grasp on the game.
    No doubt. Everybody remember when the Niners drafted Kaepernick and the draft gurus said he was basically Cam Newton...with a brain!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    No doubt. Everybody remember when the Niners drafted Kaepernick and the draft gurus said he was basically Cam Newton...with a brain!
    No doubt that he's a smart kid. 37 on the Wonderlic is outstanding (same as score as Andrew Luck's). But do you see this guy as a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning type QB? Or can he be a Steve Young, scrambling QB that would be just as effective in the pocket? We have a small sample size and so does the rest of the league, which is what he has going for him. The unknown and unexpected is hard to game plan against. He had a great game, but I'm not thrusting him into stardom just yet.

vCash
    Yup, Kaep has fully won me over now. Idk if it's just me, but he looks goofy when he runs...it's a good thing it's not for too long though considering how fast he gets from the line of scrimmage to the end zone

Soon...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    Yup, Kaep has fully won me over now. Idk if it's just me, but he looks goofy when he runs...it's a good thing it's not for too long though considering how fast he gets from the line of scrimmage to the end zone
    Long legs make for long strides, it almost always looks weird too, but they cover a ton of ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlr52192 View Post
    It's not just you.

I think it's funny he looks sooo much taller than Alex, but they are the exact same height (6'2" I believe). It's just the way he's built.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    No doubt that he's a smart kid. 37 on the Wonderlic is outstanding (same as score as Andrew Luck's). But do you see this guy as a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning type QB? Or can he be a Steve Young, scrambling QB that would be just as effective in the pocket? We have a small sample size and so does the rest of the league, which is what he has going for him. The unknown and unexpected is hard to game plan against. He had a great game, but I'm not thrusting him into stardom just yet.
    I'd rather he not remind anyone of any other QB and he makes and identity for himself: Kaepernick. He doesn't have to be the next anyone else.

I just want my future children to see that #7 next to #'s 16 and 8 in the new stadium.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    It's not just you.

I think it's funny he looks sooo much taller than Alex, but they are the exact same height (6'2" I believe). It's just the way he's built.
    Like I mentioned earlier, he looks like Bobby Boucher aka the Waterboy when he runs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I'll NEVER think CK was "Harbaugh's guy" ..... but the dude can flat out play and so glad we drafted him. I really think he can make each and every throw that Alex can. Then when you see him run, it's leaps and bounds better than Alex.

I know a lot of folks say it's more of what Alex does at the line that separates him, and I just don't know. Without knowing what's called, etc, that's a really hard argument to make or defense.

However CK was WOW on Saturday for 58 mins. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I was that way for any 9ers QB since the Young days or maybe Garcia days. Alex has a good "drive" like he did with the Saints last year. But never been close to a full 60 mins WOW type game.... although maybe the Bills this year, but that was the Bills. lol

Everything else here I agree with though.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavwar53 View Post
    Just gotta say anyone that didn't think he was the answer and 10x better than Alex must be blind. Also those same people would would have likely played the broncos/ravens game the same way John Fox did, ultra conservative.

vCash
    It's not just you.

Kaepernick is actually 6'4" 5/8. He's a monster. Alex is 6'4" even I think.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast