Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 88

Thread: Sold

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Especially with Harbaugh here. And the offensive line is young and dominant. Besides Goodwin, Staley is 28, Iupati and Boone are 25, and Anthony Davis is 23(!).
    If we can keep the majority of the squad together, look out!

    It seems like we are building a mantra of people staying in SF for less. Players want to be here again. Combine that with our creative FO, we should be good for a while

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    If we can keep the majority of the squad together, look out!

    It seems like we are building a mantra of people staying in SF for less. Players want to be here again. Combine that with our creative FO, we should be good for a while
    Yep, as I told my buddy who's a GB fan... I have a feeling for the next 5 - 10 yrs we're going to be getting in each others way on the way to the SB.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,878
    vCash
    1500
    Kaepernick had a fantastic game. As negative that I have been with Kaep, its hard to really say anything except that he looks like the Waterboy (Adam Sandler) when he's running. After the interception, I'm sure a lot of people were thinking.."oh oh". But he redeemed himself. I actually like the match up against the Falcons, much more than if it was with Seattle.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,241
    vCash
    1500
    I'll NEVER think CK was "Harbaugh's guy" ..... but the dude can flat out play and so glad we drafted him. I really think he can make each and every throw that Alex can. Then when you see him run, it's leaps and bounds better than Alex.

    I know a lot of folks say it's more of what Alex does at the line that separates him, and I just don't know. Without knowing what's called, etc, that's a really hard argument to make or defense.

    However CK was WOW on Saturday for 58 mins. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I was that way for any 9ers QB since the Young days or maybe Garcia days. Alex has a good "drive" like he did with the Saints last year. But never been close to a full 60 mins WOW type game.... although maybe the Bills this year, but that was the Bills. lol

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,598
    vCash
    1585
    Just gotta say anyone that didn't think he was the answer and 10x better than Alex must be blind. Also those same people would would have likely played the broncos/ravens game the same way John Fox did, ultra conservative.
    If I drive I'm going to have to have a lot of drinks because I am very self conscious about my driving.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warriors4lyfe12 View Post
    Samhan actually worked out with the warriors in 2010, but elected to go overseas instead of jumping into the NBA to make his game better. Actually i would compare him to a poor mans blake griffin
    Quote Originally Posted by lvdub2741 View Post
    We gave up Monta for a Bogut but we could have kept him gotten someone like Omar Samahan who is just like Bogut and kept Monta.
    Ah, some sports fans

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Now
    Posts
    17,651
    vCash
    1500
    Nobody ever said Smith was 10x better than Kap...

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mavwar53 View Post
    Just gotta say anyone that didn't think he was the answer and 10x better than Alex must be blind. Also those same people would would have likely played the broncos/ravens game the same way John Fox did, ultra conservative.


    Kaep isn't 10x better than Alex. It is obvious after the divisional game that Kaep has abilities that Alex doesn't, and he has made great progressions in his decision making process.

    Those of us who weren't sold on Kaep was simply because we didn't want the possibility of more potential, we wanted reliability. Kaep DIDN'T offer it, and he still makes mistakes... but at this point I can't say his mistakes are more frequent or more damaging that Alex's.

    And... MY GOD CAN THAT BOY RUN!! I'm personally glad he's a QB that can run, not a running QB.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    31,950
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I'll NEVER think CK was "Harbaugh's guy" ..... but the dude can flat out play and so glad we drafted him. I really think he can make each and every throw that Alex can. Then when you see him run, it's leaps and bounds better than Alex.

    I know a lot of folks say it's more of what Alex does at the line that separates him, and I just don't know. Without knowing what's called, etc, that's a really hard argument to make or defense.

    However CK was WOW on Saturday for 58 mins. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I was that way for any 9ers QB since the Young days or maybe Garcia days. Alex has a good "drive" like he did with the Saints last year. But never been close to a full 60 mins WOW type game.... although maybe the Bills this year, but that was the Bills. lol
    Well...I guess you'll just have to continue to be wrong about that. You sound like one of those "the world is flat" people. All the evidence suggests Kap was his guy. It even goes back to Peyton Manning's Passing Academy that both Luck and Kap went to when Harbaugh was back at Stanford. When Harbaugh asked Luck how it went he talked about how well he got along with Kaepernick and was impressed with him. Harbaugh has called Luck the "perfect individual." An endorsement from him would go far with Harbaugh.

    But hey, you just keep thinking the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth.


    Slap Hands!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,241
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Well...I guess you'll just have to continue to be wrong about that. You sound like one of those "the world is flat" people. All the evidence suggests Kap was his guy. It even goes back to Peyton Manning's Passing Academy that both Luck and Kap went to when Harbaugh was back at Stanford. When Harbaugh asked Luck how it went he talked about how well he got along with Kaepernick and was impressed with him. Harbaugh has called Luck the "perfect individual." An endorsement from him would go far with Harbaugh.

    But hey, you just keep thinking the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth.
    Here we go again!

    What evidence? The evidence that Harbaugh was willing to risk losing him so he selected him last in the draft (of serviceable QBs)? That no matter what Harbaugh says, we can't really believe it (hello "Alex is our starter" and then benches him in favor of CK or "Alex is our guy" and turn around and try to get Peyton).

    So I'm dying to know what evidence you are referring to. I really hope it's more than "well, Luck liked him" lol

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,654
    vCash
    1500
    Ur tripping^

    but just to humor you we can definitely say SMITH was NOT JHs guy, that's for sure, so at least by default, yeah, Kaep is JH's guy..

    GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,654
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    I'll NEVER think CK was "Harbaugh's guy" ..... but the dude can flat out play and so glad we drafted him. I really think he can make each and every throw that Alex can. Then when you see him run, it's leaps and bounds better than Alex.

    I know a lot of folks say it's more of what Alex does at the line that separates him, and I just don't know. Without knowing what's called, etc, that's a really hard argument to make or defense.

    However CK was WOW on Saturday for 58 mins. I honestly couldn't tell you the last time I was that way for any 9ers QB since the Young days or maybe Garcia days. Alex has a good "drive" like he did with the Saints last year. But never been close to a full 60 mins WOW type game.... although maybe the Bills this year, but that was the Bills. lol
    Cmon man I really dont understand what it's gonna take, who are you watching? The fact that you even feel the need to say such a thing is mind boggling, c'mon! Really!? Kaep is obviously far superior in throwing the ball..Smoke less crack
    Last edited by hd1906; 01-14-2013 at 04:37 PM.

    GIANTSNINERSWARRIORS

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,241
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    Ur tripping^

    but just to humor you we can definitely say SMITH was NOT JHs guy, that's for sure, so at least by default, yeah, Kaep is JH's guy..
    I'm not saying Kap is NOT "one of" JH's guys. I'm saying he was one of a couple. However a lot of folks here think Kap was the ONLY Harbaugh guy.

    I think it was Dalton and Kap and maybe even a guy or 2 from the 1st round. So when Dalton went, JH was left with CK and that's when we made the move.
    Last edited by nutty; 01-14-2013 at 05:10 PM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,241
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hd1906 View Post
    Cmon man I really dont understand what it's gonna take, who are you watching? The fact that you even feel the need to say such a thing is mind boggling, c'mon! Really!? Kaep is obviously far superior in throwing the ball..Smoke less crack


    You are hands down one of our more mature fans I can see.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    Posts
    10,544
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post


    You are hands down one of our more mature fans I can see.
    I say share the crack. ****ing holding out on me....

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nothern Colorado
    Posts
    1,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    I say share the crack. ****ing holding out on me....
    I know... he's a little ***** like that isn't he?
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •