Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sold

vCash
    Kaepernick had a hell of a game through the air. I'm not going to get all excited about his running because GB has a pretty suspect defense and for them to not really game plan for Kaepernick's biggest threat (his legs) is just something that championship teams don't let happen. Mike Nolan sure won't let Kaepernick run like that on his top 5 defense. GB's defensive game plan was horrible last night so I'm not going to get excited about Kap's running. Good defenses don't let that happen scheme-wise. I want to talk about Kaepernick's throwing. Anybody who criticizes him on the few overthrows/underthrows he had is stupid...no QB plays perfect games. Kaepernick knew where his guys would be, was in sync with his targets, and delivered nice passes. He played a great game and I expect him to have another good one next week.

Btw, I don't think there was anyone that WASNT sold on Kaepernick being the guy down the road. There was no question from anyone (except maybe leftymo) that this guy is the future. He had a great game last night. It's gonna be tough in ATL, but there's no reason to think he can't get it done. Another thing that many people overlook with him is the impact Harbaugh/Smith have had on his maturation process. By watching Smith the last year, he's learned to not turn the ball over. He does a great job and not forcing plays that don't need to be there and living to fight another down, or letting the defense get them the ball back. Kaepernick deserves more credit for his decision making and not forcing plays when they're not there. Rodgers forced that long ball into double coverage last night when it was clearly not there, and Brown intercepted it. Kaepernick knows when to attempt to make plays, and he knows when to throw it away or tuck and run. Great decision maker.

vCash
    Funny side story, my friend is a raiders fan and he keeps saying how mad he was the raiders didn't draft Kap. I told him dude, your dismal disorganized franchise would have set Kaepernick up to die. He insisted that the raiders would be a playoff team if they had Kaepernick and I spat out some of my beer. He got rather defensive lol. There's no way the Raiders would have sat Kaeprnick for over a year, be mentored by a QB guru like Harbaugh, then finally give him his chance when he's mentally ready and have him inherit the best o-line in football, big time receiving weapons, and a top 3 defense. The raiders are just not that good. (For the record, I bought a Kapernick jersey in the 2011 offseason because I knew he'd be the future one day) but I still have to say that most credit goes to Harbaugh and Baalke, not Kaepernick. I wonder how good David Carr Alex Smith and Sam Bradford would have been if they were blessed with a situation like Kaepernick. Funny that some raider fans think they are as well-ran as the 49ers organization are. Guess they're just still in denial about how good the 49ers are. That's why they were all rooting for GB and now ATL, cuz they sure got nothing to be excited about in oakland
    Last edited by tapajafri; 01-13-2013 at 06:16 PM.

vCash
    Let's be realistic though, there's no way half of the defensive coordinators in the league will ever let Kaepernick (or any QB like Newton, Vick, RG3, etc) run like that. But I'm not worried cuz Kaepernick can definitely beat ATL's secondary through the air. The thing I'm worried about is Nolan. He's a defensive mastermind and we've seen Harbaugh/Roman get out-coached by the likes of NYG and SEA. I'm not worried though, as long as the line holds up and gives Kaepernick time to throw, he can beat that ATL secondary...which is the weak part of their defense.

vCash
    Green Bay didn't 'let' Kap run like that he just took advantage of what the defense gave him. I believe that if teams start putting one guy in a spy type mode that effectively takes them out of pass coverage and either creates coverage issues which is good for us or pass rush issues which may be even better. you give any QB at the NFL level time to throw he will do some damage, especially when they can throw like Kap.

Bring on Atlanta.

vCash
    The issue defenses will deal with when it comes to the read option is that by forcing OLBs or DEs, depending on the defense, to stay outside to contain, it opens up the middle for Gore/Hunter/James. After that GB game teams are going to really watch him getting free to the edge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapajafri View Post
    Kaepernick had a hell of a game through the air. I'm not going to get all excited about his running because GB has a pretty suspect defense and for them to not really game plan for Kaepernick's biggest threat (his legs) is just something that championship teams don't let happen. Mike Nolan sure won't let Kaepernick run like that on his top 5 defense. GB's defensive game plan was horrible last night so I'm not going to get excited about Kap's running. Good defenses don't let that happen scheme-wise. I want to talk about Kaepernick's throwing. Anybody who criticizes him on the few overthrows/underthrows he had is stupid...no QB plays perfect games. Kaepernick knew where his guys would be, was in sync with his targets, and delivered nice passes. He played a great game and I expect him to have another good one next week.

Btw, I don't think there was anyone that WASNT sold on Kaepernick being the guy down the road. There was no question from anyone (except maybe leftymo) that this guy is the future. He had a great game last night. It's gonna be tough in ATL, but there's no reason to think he can't get it done. Another thing that many people overlook with him is the impact Harbaugh/Smith have had on his maturation process. By watching Smith the last year, he's learned to not turn the ball over. He does a great job and not forcing plays that don't need to be there and living to fight another down, or letting the defense get them the ball back. Kaepernick deserves more credit for his decision making and not forcing plays when they're not there. Rodgers forced that long ball into double coverage last night when it was clearly not there, and Brown intercepted it. Kaepernick knows when to attempt to make plays, and he knows when to throw it away or tuck and run. Great decision maker.
    This is all true with the exception of that pick six he threw, that was definitely not a good throw to make and it was obvious he had some nerves to start. He definitely shook it off and had an enormous game, He is definitely a gamer.

vCash
    If there is one improvement that I would like Kap to make and soon it would be to get more air under some of his throws, learn to put more touch on some of his stuff, but that is something that I'm sure will come with some more time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcheeze View Post
    Kaepernick bought me tonight. I'm all in.
    I agree! I'mve been a huge Smith supporter, but once again Harbaugh looks like a genius.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nutty View Post
    Yeah, I honestly thought we were going to be flat tonight. Then when the INT happened I was like "yep, there it is. Flat!"

Wonder how mad Alex is. You know he will try to be supportive, but you know he has to be PISSED deep inside.
    I honestly don't think Alex is pissed off about the win or that Kaep won it. He's a team player, always has been and always will be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JCkrazzy View Post
    I honestly don't think Alex is pissed off about the win or that Kaep won it. He's a team player, always has been and always will be.
    I want to agree, but he didn't look too happy, there has to be a line between loyalty and flat out job advancement, and wanting to play. Alex has to be treading that line. All that wearing the SF Giants cap during press conferences and smiles and comaraderie is easy when you are the starter, not so much when you are on the bench.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Fun fact: Kap has thrown 4 interceptions this year. All have been followed by a scoring drive.
    That is a character telling fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76ersai0309 View Post
    He overthrows a lot of the deepballs. Was happy to see him finally connect on one to Davis. I guess it's better than under throwing and risking the interception.
    Atleast he doesnt over thrown RB in the flats like another recent 49er QB

“Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive turkey gobblers”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBruins17 View Post
    That is a character telling fact.
    Yep, really does go to show that he can forget what happened and just move on. Helps having a supportive team and coaching staff, unlike another 49ers QB had in his first several seasons.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Just seen the highlights again and I noticed something.

Kaepernick is fast.

I'm am absolutely giddy with excitement over this kids potential. He doesn't even fully know what he's doing yet. Can you imagine him in 3years if he keeps progressing? Just won't be fair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OREcoast49er View Post
    Just seen the highlights again and I noticed something.

Kaepernick is fast.

I'm am absolutely giddy with excitement over this kids potential. He doesn't even fully know what he's doing yet. Can you imagine him in 3years if he keeps progressing? Just won't be fair.
    Especially with Harbaugh here. And the offensive line is young and dominant. Besides Goodwin, Staley is 28, Iupati and Boone are 25, and Anthony Davis is 23(!).

Slap Hands!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast