Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Flyers sign curtis foster

According to tim p. the flyers have signed foster and it should be announced tomorrow

http://www.csnphilly.com/01/12/13/bF...867&feedID=695

What do you think good move or not

vCash
    Given the current state of the defense with Gus and MAB hurt and Mez unsure whether he can play in the opener, it can't hurt. It looks like he's been a minus defender for the past three years, but we definitely can use a hard shot on the blue line (especially a righty). It will be interesting to see if he can crack the lineup.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    Ill admit i dont really know this guy too well, but from,what ive read, a 6'5" right handed shot that put up over 30 assists like 2 years ago... i rather have him than Gervias, Lilja, and Walker.

BUT, i still rather see some prospects get nhl time

vCash
    he's a depth signing is all. i'm sure they were impressed with his shot (he scored 2 PP goals against the Flyers last year in a game when playing for the Devils), so he can help on the PP. he's also a big body as mentioned.

problems are he's not good on his skates; hasn't been since a leg injury a few years back. and also due to the plethora of injuries he's had over the past few years, he's lost some of his physicality.

it's a depth move, plain and simple. he'll battle for that 6th spot along with Gervais, Lilja, and Manning for the time being since Gus is out with a bone bruise in his foot.

like kdol said, it can't hurt to have him.

vCash
    I think it's a pretty nice signing. Low risk, possible medium reward. I see Gus breaking into the mold of a better "timmonen like" defender this year (after he returns). He won't be as good as Kimo but he will do enough to impress. Foster seems like a 7th guy in our D-corps.

vCash
    It's only a depth signing so you shouldn't expect that much, but I'm always in favor in adding more depth.

vCash
    I'm sure it's cheap, and he's proven (pre injury) he can put up points.

vCash
    It help save the other guys on th PK side of things. I like it. Anyone hear the details yet??

vCash
    I'd honestly rather he be the 6th defensemen than ****ing Bruno Gervais.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    with the Devils admitting last year how they were able to exploit the Flyers blue line, since they knew on the one side it would always be a left handed shot and he'd be handcuffed every time the puck came his way around the boards, its common sense they needed to sign another RH shot. WE HAVE THREE NOW!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    with the Devils admitting last year how they were able to exploit the Flyers blue line, since they knew on the one side it would always be a left handed shot and he'd be handcuffed every time the puck came his way around the boards, its common sense they needed to sign another RH shot. WE HAVE THREE NOW!!
    Who ever said Rh were rare for defense.....were wrong lmao

lol bryz

vCash
    You know, Kurtis Foster makes me feel a hell of a lot better on our back end. I mean, really, how bad is:

Timmonen - Schenn
    Coburn - Grossmann
    Meszaros - Foster

Because I honestly don't think that's bad. In fact, I think that's very solid. You add an offense of:

Hartnell - Grioux - Voracek
    Simmonds - Schenn - Briere
    Read - Couturier - Talbot
    Rinaldo - Laughton - Fedetenko

And you've got a team who I think can play with anyone in the NHL.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You know, Kurtis Foster makes me feel a hell of a lot better on our back end. I mean, really, how bad is:

Timmonen - Schenn
    Coburn - Grossmann
    Meszaros - Foster

Because I honestly don't think that's bad. In fact, I think that's very solid. You add an offense of:

Hartnell - Grioux - Voracek
    Simmonds - Schenn - Briere
    Read - Couturier - Talbot
    Wellwood/Sestito - Laughton - Fedetenko

And you've got a team who I think can play with anyone in the NHL.
    Id take wellwood or sestito over rinaldo. Rinaldo loses to wellwood because wellwood is better offensively and loses to sestito because of size differance.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    Id take wellwood or sestito over rinaldo. Rinaldo loses to wellwood because wellwood is better offensively and loses to sestito because of size differance.
    The team's going to go with some guy to take the punches on that fourth line. It may come down to Sestito or Rinaldo, but I have a feeling they'll go with Rinaldo.
    #WhyNot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    The team's going to go with some guy to take the punches on that fourth line. It may come down to Sestito or Rinaldo, but I have a feeling they'll go with Rinaldo.
    personally, id take sestito over rinaldo
    maybe both, rinaldo is listed as a center and sestito is listed lw

Sestito-Rinaldo-Tenko

lol bryz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast