Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Good luck in 2013

Not a bait thread because I was actually rooting for the broncos because I wanted manning vs Brady. Obviously then I would want you guys to lose but **** happens. Good luck in 2013, hopefully the raiders can be more competitive. Nothing better than the raiders and broncos both playing each other when both are in the hunt.

vCash
    I'm certainly not pulling for the Raiders to be more competitive but its nice to see a Raider fan come in here and not have the intention of baiting.

We did make some improvements in our team and can build on them going forward but this shows that we still have a ways to go to consider ourselves an elite team.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm certainly not pulling for the Raiders to be more competitive but its nice to see a Raider fan come in here and not have the intention of baiting.

We did make some improvements in our team and can build on them going forward but this shows that we still have a ways to go to consider ourselves an elite team.
    It seems the only Raider fans who want to be the voice of the fanbase on PSD are the ones who cannot type a logical sentence. They like to invade the NFL forum too.

Anyway, diid anyone else have a problem with the playcalling for both sides? The Ravens were incredibly predictable, calling run-run-pass almost every series in the 2nd half up until the very end. I've called them out for not getting Rice the ball the way they should, but last night they kept running him for 2 yards on 1st down, 1 yard on 2nd down. This coming with Flacco playing the best he has played all year. I was astonished at one point with about 7 minutes to go in the game when they said that Flacco had only thrown 3 second half passes, even though Flacco was averaging something like 18 yards per completion.

As for Denver, I found it hard to understand a lot of third down calls. What was the point of signing Manning if you won't let him get 4, 7, 11 yards on 3rd down? Instead they kept giving the ball to Jacob Hester every 3rd down. It made no sense to me. This includes the series that led to the final punt, when they ran yet again for no gain on a 3rd and medium. Then, even after Baltimore scored, Denver had 30 seconds and 2 timeouts for Peyton to work with, but they took a knee instead. I think we all know that Peyton could've gotten well inside field goal range with that time and the timouts at his disposal.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun a game to watch, but I saw more than a few things that perplexed me.

Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.
    Roush Fenway Racing #17 Ford Fusion

2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Rookie of the Year Winner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_RaiderFan5 View Post
    It seems the only Raider fans who want to be the voice of the fanbase on PSD are the ones who cannot type a logical sentence. They like to invade the NFL forum too.

Anyway, diid anyone else have a problem with the playcalling for both sides? The Ravens were incredibly predictable, calling run-run-pass almost every series in the 2nd half up until the very end. I've called them out for not getting Rice the ball the way they should, but last night they kept running him for 2 yards on 1st down, 1 yard on 2nd down. This coming with Flacco playing the best he has played all year. I was astonished at one point with about 7 minutes to go in the game when they said that Flacco had only thrown 3 second half passes, even though Flacco was averaging something like 18 yards per completion.

As for Denver, I found it hard to understand a lot of third down calls. What was the point of signing Manning if you won't let him get 4, 7, 11 yards on 3rd down? Instead they kept giving the ball to Jacob Hester every 3rd down. It made no sense to me. This includes the series that led to the final punt, when they ran yet again for no gain on a 3rd and medium. Then, even after Baltimore scored, Denver had 30 seconds and 2 timeouts for Peyton to work with, but they took a knee instead. I think we all know that Peyton could've gotten well inside field goal range with that time and the timouts at his disposal.

Don't get me wrong, it was a fun a game to watch, but I saw more than a few things that perplexed me.
    I think you are right about that. Its unfortunate but they are almost all of the ones that seem to find their way in here. It is reassuring to see another reasonable one come in here.

I was surprised with the Ravens play calling to Rice as well. Another thing, more than just that they were running predictably, was how they were running. Ray Rice can make people look stupid if you give him a little space but they insisted on running him up the middle without even the option to cutback. In the end, it was enough to beat us but I thought that was bad play calling on their part.

On our side, we just need to improve on all aspects I think. There is no area of our team that played terribly well last night.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    We have a champion core that has now played together- The lose as sick as it was should be a great motivator to keep us focused next season. It may be our last window with Bailey and Manning. Use the offseason to fill some holes and lets be the first team in history to go undefeated AND win the superbowl!!!

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman5219 View Post
    We have a champion core that has now played together- The lose as sick as it was should be a great motivator to keep us focused next season. It may be our last window with Bailey and Manning. Use the offseason to fill some holes and lets be the first team in history to go undefeated AND win the superbowl!!!

Just a question for Denver Fans...

Do you guys think Champ is done now? He literally was toasted ALL game which IMO is the only reason you guys lost. I mean your secondary cannot stop a deep ball to save their lives. Champ lead the way on that one..

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post

Do you guys think Champ is done now? He literally was toasted ALL game which IMO is the only reason you guys lost. I mean your secondary cannot stop a deep ball to save their lives. Champ lead the way on that one..
    Champ will make the change in position to safety. His ball instincts are still great so he would be great at Free safety. He is also an outstanding tackler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBirthofNumber81 View Post

I didn't think Champ was too bad in the 2nd half. Yes, he was torched in the 1st half but he seemed to make the adjustment at half.