Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkq2f54

Nets: Gortat, Wesley Johnson, Brown, 2013 2nd Rd Pick = $15,044,520

Suns: Humphries, Watson, 2014 1st Rd Pick (Top 7 Protected in ’14) = $12,992,680
    Nets would save 2.2 million going into next year. Wesley’s contract (4.285M) is up at the end of the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ambisme56 View Post

Suns: Humphries, Watson, 2014 1st Rd Pick (Top 7 Protected in ’14) = $12,992,680
    Nets would save 2.2 million going into next year. Wesley’s contract (4.285M) is up at the end of the season.
    Why would the Suns want another PF to go with Scola, Frye, Morris?
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ambisme56 View Post

no need for the suns to get rid of their big man and add yet another PF.

Let's go for Brand!
    Gamertag 360: I Play Bald (Add It!)
    Twitter: @RSchnyderite10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rurichie View Post
    no need for the suns to get rid of their big man and add yet another PF.

Let's go for Brand!
    Brand is making only $2 mill man. How would we get him?

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClutch View Post
    Brand is making only $2 mill man. How would we get him?
    Wizards. Not from DC. Actual witchcraft.

Or Bogans and a pick.
    Manchester City - Baltimore Ravens - Baltimore Orioles - Brooklyn Nets

vCash
    Here are some players that make sense for other teams to trade away to save money…for Humphries (12M/2yrs)...You might think some sound unreasonable at first but if you really look at the whole picture it make sense for alot of these trades.

Bobcats: Tyrus Thomas (8M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a8ago78
    - Thomas and Gerald Henderson (1yr/3.1M), Draft Pick if needed = 11.10M for Humphries
    - Nets have Henderson’s 3.1M off the books end of season.
    - Bobcats get Humphries contract off books next year…saving 8M having to pay Tyrus in year 3.

Detroit: Tayshaun Prince (6.764M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=chjqzqt
    - Prince and Maxiell (5M/1yr), Draft Pick if needed = 11.764M for Humphries
    - Nets have Maxiell 5M off the books end of season.
    - Detroit has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 6.764M having to pay Prince in year 3.

Milwaukee: Drew Gooden (6.687M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b65ld6l
    - Gooden and Udrich (7.37M/1yr) = 14.059M for Humphries and Watson = 12.992M (NO draft pick since we are taking back 1.067M more in trade)
    - Nets have Udrich 7.37M off the books end of season.
    - Milwaukee has Humphries and Watsons contract off books next year…saving 6.687M having to pay Gooden in year 3.

Orlando: Glen Davis (6.4M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a3sn595
    - Davis and J.J. Redick (6.19M/1yr) = 12.59M for Humphries and Draft Picks
    - [2014 1st Rd Pick, 2015 2nd Rd Pick]
    - Nets have Redicks 6.19M off the books end of season.
    - Orlando has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 6.4M having to pay Davis in year 3. After next year Orlando would have a lot of money coming off…Turkoglu (11.815M) totaling 23.815M. Also, helps Orlando receive a better draft pick, to help them rebuild.

Toronto: Bargnani (10M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a4jfpnj
    - Bargnani and Draft Picks (2014 1st Rd and swap 2015 2nd Rd Picks) = 10M for Humphries
    - [1st Rd Pick would be protected: Top 10 in ’14, Top 8 in ’15, Top 7 in‘16, unpicked by ’17 then will receive 2nd Rd Pick in ‘17]
    - Nets save difference of 2M for next season. Plus receive a couple draft picks for the extra 3rd year of Bargnani’s contract.
    - Toronto has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 10M having to pay Bargnani in year 3. Also, lose a 1st and 2nd Rd pick for compensation of 3rd year.

Washington: Nene (13M/4yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a5ebgl6
    - Nene = 13M for Humphries
    - Straight up trade…Nene better than Humphries…Wizards save 26M owed to Nene in years 3 and 4.

Denver: Gallinari (9.439M/4yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkth8l9
    - Gallinari and Mozgov (3.14M/1yr) = 12.579M for Humphries and 2013 1st Rd Pick, 2014 2nd Rd Pick
    - Nets have Mozgov 3.14M off the books end of season.
    - Denver has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 18.878M having to pay Gallinari in years 3 and 4. Also receiving a 1st and 2nd Rd picks. (Denver also has surplus of SF- Faried, Chandler, Brewer, and Hamilton)

Sacramento: Salmons (8.083M/3yrs) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b9ydusn
    - Salmons and T. Robinson (3.375M/4yr) = 11.457M for Humphries and 2013 1st Rd Pick, 2014 2nd Rd Pick
    - Nets get added depth and save .5M next year. Also getting Robinson (5th pick in 2012) to reunite with Taylor.
    - Sacramento has Humphries contract off books next year…saving 14.832M having to pay Salmons in years 3 and Robinson in years 3 and 4. Also receiving a 1st and 2nd Rd picks. A decent trade to dump some salary before moving to Seattle, while still keeping Tyreke and Cousins.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    very good post

a lot of different options there. i would like to see him get moved before the deadline but i doubt it happens.

i like how you mixed in cap reasons, different positions, yearly salaries, and things like that into the trades. too many people post trades and dont think of the repercussions for both sides. nice analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by njnets View Post
    very good post

a lot of different options there. i would like to see him get moved before the deadline but i doubt it happens.

i like how you mixed in cap reasons, different positions, yearly salaries, and things like that into the trades. too many people post trades and dont think of the repercussions for both sides. nice analysis.
    What is your favorite one/which would you like to see happen.

My Ranks:
    1. Denver- Gallinari would be a great fit next to D-will and help space the floor for Lopez and Johnson.

2. Detroit- like Prince as back-up for Wallace...Maxill would give us a little athleticism upfront for the rest of the season...also 5M off books for some cap flexiblity for next season.

3. Washington- Nene would give us another big who can play some defense and finish around the basket. Not worried about injuries since he would only need to play 22-28mins a night.

4. Milwaukee- Gooden is alright...love the 7+M off book from Udrich

5. Orlando- same as Milwaukee...Davis is good...1 year of Redick is nice...6+M coming off books.

6. Toronto- Bargnani helps spread the floor for Brook...not a fan of that extra year...but like the draft picks (potential trade bait).

7. Sacramento- giving up a lot for an unproven PF in Robinson...if King thinks he has what it takes then I'm all for adding a young, athletic PF. Salmons isn't bad coming off the bench.

8. Bobcats- not sure what to think about Tyrus...however like Gerald for this year to bring his intensity and athleticism. 3.1M off isn't a lot but it helps a little in cap flexiblity.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    I personally feel like 6 can be taken out because of tele's emergence. 5 i didnt see the redick part. they can get more for him than hump. not a huge fan of bobcat or sacramento deals. i see upside in players like trob or henderson, although i doubt they would be a part of it. milwaukee is ok, solid deal but not crazy.

i like the first couple tough. gallo would be nice and wallace being able to play the 4 would be nice. another log jam at PF would be created though. also i consider faried a PF. thats just me though.

EDIT or are you considering wallace come off the bench? just curious

prince isnt a bad idea, although bogans has been playing well as of late. hes only on a one year deal though. prince/wallace would be nice to constantly lock up that 3 spot. maxiell as some insurance is nice also.

washington deal is best imo for talent. his deal isnt great, but having a lineup of this

dwill/watson
    jj/brooks
    crash/bogans
    nene/tele or evans
    lopez/blatche

is crazy. problem is another log jam at PF. blatche is an FA at the end of the season though.

that starting lineup would be the most complete and balanced out of all of the trades easily. i believe that would be the hardest person to get though in a trade. maybe im wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Gallo is my ideal piece for us to get but do we really have any chance? We need a three point shooter. I like in order the
    1. Nene
    2. Glen Davis and Reddick
    3. Gallo and Mozgov
    Last edited by rurichie; 01-16-2013 at 03:59 PM.

vCash
    It's starting to become obvious that if the Nets want to keep winning, Humphries shouldn't be playing significant minutes. Evans is better offensively and defensively, because despite not shooting at all he gets offensive boards and rarely turns it over afterwards. That's much better than a player shooting below 50% and unable to do the same work on the boards. His double double seasons on a 24 and 22 game winning team should be ignored.

vCash
    ^^^ Say what?! Hold the phone on that itwl

vCash
    Hats off to PJ for using him when he will be beneficial. These kinds of games are good so he can keep some trade value. Still when the team is flowing offensively Kris sticks out. He is a player that cannot be trusted on a regular basis. Reggie was doing a good job too but PJ is being smart by rotating them so they stay fresh and deliver an impact in the rebounding department.

vCash
    Hump played great against the knicks but I still say trade him for Milsap if possible

vCash
    ^ I'm pretty sure I'd go along with loosing Hump but getting Milsap back in the deal. But in saying that I'm not a fan of just dumping Hump like some here are. He isnt getting the #s he got last year but he isn't getting the minutes either. I think if you look at production for minutes played he's been effective. I also think his D has improved.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast