Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kris Humphries thread

He will be officially be trade-eligible next Tuesday (the 15th).

How long do you think it'll take for him to get traded and what would be possible trade options.

Anyone think we'll keep him for the rest of the season and trade him as an expiring this off-season after our (possibly) new head coach takes a look at the roster.

Or will he just get back in the rotation (unlikely)? Whatever happens, PLEASE don't make a panic move Billy King!
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    I think he would be much more valuable as an expiring.

If we trade him, he would be in a package with other players (like Marshawn)

I would like to get a defensive big in return something like:

Hump+Marshawn+ 1st rounder for Varejao+walton but varejaos value is extremly high right now so i don't see this happening.

I would also love to get Wilson Chandler, he's not getting too many minutes in DEN, but he's a good player and he could be our 6th man. The package would be the same. If this trade happens i would like to sign Kmart to be that defensive big we need.

The Kirilenko/williams trade someone mentioned on the trade thread also seems reasonable to me

vCash
    I really don't see BK making any kinda panic trade. This team can stand pat and still be quite competative. If thre's a trade it's because they think they're gonna get something to fill a need. Money won't be the driving force behind it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_FrozenNetsFan View Post
    I really don't see BK making any kinda panic trade. This team can stand pat and still be quite competative. If thre's a trade it's because they think they're gonna get something to fill a need. Money won't be the driving force behind it.
    Unless we get a 'starting 4' quality player, I don't see us trading Humphries. The only thing we'd do is package him with MarShon for a VERY GOOD (not great) starting 4. But with Marshon playing so well...I don't see that very viable

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    with the depth that we have at the 4 spot and the wallace injury happening, i could see hump getting traded for 3 like wilson chandler.

stackhouse is not close to a long term solution. i wouldnt mind that but i doubt it.

evans is good at the starting 4 but a player like varejao would put the nets over the top. i dont see him getting moved though. next year he will have much more value bc he will be expiring.

also, i hope tele doesnt lose his minutes bc of his return. we shall see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    i wish we could get varejao.... but that is pretty far fetched. i think hes the most valuable player they have after irving. wilson chandler would be pretty nice. but id like marshon to get consistent mins. getting chandler would change that.

but ideal... i hope to target a defensive pf/c
    BBRRRROOOOOOOKKKKLLNNNNNNNNNNNNN

vCash
    Plus varejao is having a career year. Not a good time to trade for someone less you need them REALLY bad. The Nets don't.

vCash
    Just a pipe dream, but

The wizard are trying to trade for rudy gay, we could help them by giving them Hump+1st for Okafor

An additional first would make their deal better, while they also save some money. They don't really need okafor they got nene.

Okafor would be ideal next to Lopez

vCash
    ^They need Okafor's defensive impact. That's like saying Nets don't need Okafor, they got Lopez
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.N. View Post
    Just a pipe dream, but

The wizard are trying to trade for rudy gay, we could help them by giving them Hump+1st for Okafor

An additional first would make their deal better, while they also save some money. They don't really need okafor they got nene.

Okafor would be ideal next to Lopez
    It would be smart to throw in Hump into this deal. Okafor gives us a size we are lacking up front and the defensive intensity with his long wingspan

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    ^They need Okafor's defensive impact. That's like saying Nets don't need Okafor, they got Lopez
    They might be satisfied giving Okafor's minutes to Seraphin. They've been pleased with his development.

Plus Nene is a good defender in his own right.
    Scott Stevens: "Luck is a combination of hard work and perseverance, I tend to think that I make my own luck"

vCash
    The shrewd thing to do, and what the Nets should do, is keep him and shop him next offseason. They aren't going to get a whole lot for him this season because of his contract, but because he is an expiring next season, teams will be willing to take him on. But at the same time, this is Billy King we're talking about.

MAR$WAG BROOKS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseysFinest View Post
    The shrewd thing to do, and what the Nets should do, is keep him and shop him next offseason. They aren't going to get a whole lot for him this season because of his contract, but because he is an expiring next season, teams will be willing to take him on. But at the same time, this is Billy King we're talking about.
    Hump expires this off-season

vCash
    I'm hoping for Elton Brand, Shawn Marion or Ron Artest. I'm sick of Kris Humphries right now.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    I'm hoping for Elton Brand, Shawn Marion or Ron Artest. I'm sick of Kris Humphries right now.
    Do not want Brand or Marion.
    They are way past there prime.

Unless we get someone to impact the team, wait to trade Hump when he's an expiring next season, will be more valuable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast