Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERS ONLY View Post
    At this point I don't see why taking a chance on D West would hurt. **** the season is but down the tubes and a desperate move needs to be made to attempt to salvage it. And Delonte is better than any guard we have (defensively) period!
    And yet no one wants him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    you have me there, no doubt about it! so do the Lakers just continue to sit and get their arse handed to them and not take a chance. This guy will sign for 500K for rest of the year. He is broke in a bad way last I had heard. Dude will play balls out to try to get another contract. You would have to kill him t drag him off the court. We could use that sort of passion right now.

vCash
    "We'll look into it," said Kupchak. "We have until Tuesday."

A disabled players exception can be used to sign a free agent for up to one season. It can also be used to acquire a player (making up to $1.88 million) via trade, as long as that player will be a free agent this summer.

The deadline for a team to apply for a disabled players exception is Jan. 15. The injured player must be considered sidelined until at least June 15.

If granted, the Lakers would have another tool to add to the roster, along with the $1.59 million remaining of their mid-level exception. The team also has three trade exceptions, the biggest of which is $1.42 million from the Luke Walton trade.
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    He's mentally ill. He's unable to function or he would be on a team already.

If you've never had any experience with the mentally ill, this may seem a trivial issue. Or you may think that Metta's worked out so West would be no problem. Wrong. Metta is a very unique case, and as far as I know he does not cycle through mood disorders on a regular basis. What West lives with is corrosive not only to his own conduct, but to people around him. He may not intend it to be, but in a team setting it's inevitable.

Look at all the hassles Cousins is causing, and I'm pretty sure he's just a hot-headed jerk. West has a clinical medical illness that makes it almost impossible for him to be reliable and successful despite his considerable athletic gifts.

Do you really think this Laker team is ready to internalize somebody like that? With all the problems they have already?

vCash
    Can we buyout JFarm's contract?

vCash
    Jan.15
    Last edited by THETENXU; 01-14-2013 at 01:17 AM.

vCash
    I smell a trade coming
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    24/48 hours to go and we'll see if something happens.

vCash
    bring back the machine..

PLAN B

SIM LEAGUE NETS

vCash
    24 hours to go

vCash
    That's because most teams aren't us.
    :c

vCash
    Is it just me or does it seem like we are keeping gasol out so he doesn't get hurt. I feel a trade coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    He's mentally ill. He's unable to function or he would be on a team already.

If you've never had any experience with the mentally ill, this may seem a trivial issue. Or you may think that Metta's worked out so West would be no problem. Wrong. Metta is a very unique case, and as far as I know he does not cycle through mood disorders on a regular basis. What West lives with is corrosive not only to his own conduct, but to people around him. He may not intend it to be, but in a team setting it's inevitable.

Look at all the hassles Cousins is causing, and I'm pretty sure he's just a hot-headed jerk. West has a clinical medical illness that makes it almost impossible for him to be reliable and successful despite his considerable athletic gifts.

Do you really think this Laker team is ready to internalize somebody like that? With all the problems they have already?
    You know I wanted to try to always be kind to other posters, but I have noticed with you a pattern (sort of like what you describe in D. West) so let me ask-- are you a Psychologist or Psychiatrist? are you trained in the field for which you are now using to describe Mr. West? I also noticed many readers/posters getting a bit tired of your posts, yet you claim to be a Laker fan. I guess I just see a Laker hater! As for Delonte, do really think him t be as dangerous as Cousins? if so and if you are a practicing therapist of any kind, you should pick a new field. I happen to know a little about that area, but I will not enter into a war of words with you for the sake of the PSD people who don't deserve that. I am here to enjy some free and (open) opinion about the Lakers. Yes it has been a bad season. Yes they have issues (and by the way) bigger than D. West has right now. I will tell you one thing, and you would have to agree on this one, Delonte is no thug. You used to have great posts, but now you ***** like a school girl. Nobody cares to hear it and I bet most just pass by your post and read the next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by new power house View Post
    gasol still seeing stars? Trade with minni!
    lol!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LAKERS ONLY View Post
    You know I wanted to try to always be kind to other posters, but I have noticed with you a pattern (sort of like what you describe in D. West) so let me ask-- are you a Psychologist or Psychiatrist? are you trained in the field for which you are now using to describe Mr. West? I also noticed many readers/posters getting a bit tired of your posts, yet you claim to be a Laker fan. I guess I just see a Laker hater! As for Delonte, do really think him t be as dangerous as Cousins? if so and if you are a practicing therapist of any kind, you should pick a new field. I happen to know a little about that area, but I will not enter into a war of words with you for the sake of the PSD people who don't deserve that. I am here to enjy some free and (open) opinion about the Lakers. Yes it has been a bad season. Yes they have issues (and by the way) bigger than D. West has right now. I will tell you one thing, and you would have to agree on this one, Delonte is no thug. You used to have great posts, but now you ***** like a school girl. Nobody cares to hear it and I bet most just pass by your post and read the next.
    People get tired of my posts because I write in full paragraphs. It hurts their heads to read them. Oh, and because I actually argue the merits of a point, instead of just passing along the byproduct of whatever I just ate. (Unless I can score more points with comedy. This is sports chat after all.)

I absolutely did not intend to imply that West was dangerous or a thug in any way -- but I see in retrospect how it might have seemed as if I was doing just that because I also mentioned Cousins. My point in doing so was simply to show how little it takes to destabilize a team. (Again, if you've ever had to deal with or work with someone who's mentally ill, it can be an almost impossible problem to solve.)

Delonte West has a mental health issue that is not a joke. He clearly needs and is hopefully getting professional-grade treatment designed not only to help him in the near term -- whether or not that means playing more ball -- but also in the long term. Hopefully he has the money and the personal relationships that will allow him to get that help.

As to what I do for a living, I am a proctologist.* Which is why it's so easy for me to spot the *******s in this forum.

* Not really.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast