Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Trade Deadline options?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade for a good center

3 20.00%
  • Stand pat, pray for Bogut to return

8 53.33%
  • Make big splashy trade

1 6.67%
  • Sign free agent veteran

3 20.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash
    Anyone still open to do a Thompson for Tyreke Evans swap?

vCash
    Find a Center asap. There are no guarantees Bogut will be back.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    Anyone still open to do a Thompson for Tyreke Evans swap?
    CousinsEvansDuo would veto it.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    I think it's funny how everyone is down of Thompson all of a sudden. His defensive numbers are enough to keep him around, but then you add his 16 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assist on only 14 shots a game. And he's a second year player. If we do trade Thompson, were going to regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    And another thing to take into account. When Bogut comes back, everyone's efficiency is going to go up. Right now, no one has to plan around on starting Center (Ezeli). When Bogut comes back he's going to give us a presence in the middle on offense, and be able to get Curry, Thompson, and Barnes better looks.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    I think it's funny how everyone is down of Thompson all of a sudden. His defensive numbers are enough to keep him around, but then you add his 16 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assist on only 14 shots a game. And he's a second year player. If we do trade Thompson, were going to regret it.
    You were advocating we trade him for Evans. lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    You were advocating we trade him for Evans. lol
    I said it might be a good idea, but I never said we should make the trade. In fact I said I wouldn't make the trade, so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    ur right... he basically handed denver that double ot win in november.
    No on player costs a team in bball

vCash
    wb guppy

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I said it might be a good idea, but I never said we should make the trade. In fact I said I wouldn't make the trade, so
    Let me quote you on that.

Evans has started to play well again. I would probably do that trade too. He's a very effective slasher, which would give us two slashers, like you said Barnes is a pretty solid slasher too. He also has that edge that we don't have. I don't know how to explain it, but you know that edge that Kobe has, that just pure aggressiveness. We don't have that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppyfighter View Post
    Let me quote you on that.
    NICE...knowing this kid he'll probably say something to refute your statement and argue with you lol. Way to throw it in his face though. Mark.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    The problem is... sitting and waiting on bogut doesnt seem to be getting him back. Its become clear he isnt motivated to play for this organization. I dont think he has a problem milking this until his contract is up. The warriors need to get rid of deadweight if they want to be a serious organization.

do you see historically good organizations making trades for key players who just sit out for like a yr straight? I mean the lakers motivated dwight howard to come out and play at less than 100%.... and they arent even doing well. If the lakers had traded for bogut over the off season... would he still be sitting out> or would he be out there trying to play?
    When you say stuff like this it reminds me why I joined PSD in the first place to talk **** to you ...I seriously can't believe you say stuff like this haha. So stupid.

vCash
    Yeah, styles is a weird case because he has a pretty good grasp of what is going on in the game, but he also says stuff like this.

vCash
    Does he forget about the part where he came back to soon? Couldn't even dunk the ball? Risked his CAREER for this organization? Come on stylez you're better than this haha

vCash
    I'm just about done with Thompson. Mark my words, this guy will never amount to anything more than a good-great role player. I'm so sick and tired of him not being engaged mentally in games. HONESTLY! How many times do you need to step on the line when positioning yourself to shoot a "3" and turning the ball over before you realize you need to know where your feet are on the god damned floor? It's one of the most fundamental of all fundamentals, seriously! We've played 36 games already plus however many he played and/or started last season and he still makes the same stupid *** mistakes over and over again, he reminds me a lot of Monta Ellis. Good-great talent but not enough IQ to make in game adjustments or refine his skills to become better and less prone to mistakes. Not only did he literally lose the game for us against Denver in the 2nd meeting by missing 2 critical free throws that would have sealed the game (what kind of ubah natural pure shooter misses free throws? None that I know of.), he also played a big part in us losing last night because his mind was somewhere else and he threw the ball away multiple times! It pisses me off to see us constantly lose to Denver (1-3 vs them this season), who isn't all that great. If they were so damn elite, like all the "experts" think, then they would have a better record than us.

I've said this before, recently. I think it's time to move Thompson while other teams around the league still think he has such incredible potential. However, the more they get to see him play, the sooner they are going to realize, what I've known for a couple weeks, he simply is NOT that good. We need 3 things pretty bad, better 5's (to hold down the fort until Bogut returns, if he ever does), more athletic/explosive guards (that can penetrate the lane and disrupt opposing defenses) and a "go-to" guy down the stretch that can put a game away and seal a victory for us. For an honorable mention, we also need to unload either or both of Biedrin's and Jefferson's contracts. Moving Thompson could possibly make this happen.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 01-14-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast