Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Trade Deadline options?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade for a good center

3 20.00%
  • Stand pat, pray for Bogut to return

8 53.33%
  • Make big splashy trade

1 6.67%
  • Sign free agent veteran

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

vCash

Trade Deadline

What should we do? What is our biggest need?

I'd lean towards trying to acquire a decent big man as insurance/backup to Bogut.

I'd only want to trade Biedrins and Jefferson, I like our young players.

My second option would be to just stand pat and hope that Bogut returns.

Thoughts?

Anybody fancy making a splash like Rudy Gay?
    Last edited by sfattahian; 01-12-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    Stand Pat. The team isnt quite ready to contend for a title just yet so waiting on Bogut and letting Ezeli and Barnes develop is the best option at this point. Even if Bogut were to miss the rest of the season I think we shouldn't make a deal.

vCash
    I don't see any reason to make a big move. I don't really want to give up a guy like Klay to get Rudy Gay.

Michael Morse High-Fives Himself dot gif

vCash
    Get a good cheap SF or hope Barnes emerges.

vCash
    I'd be inclined to trade Jefferson and Biedrins. The only problem is their value is low (except Biedrins as of late) and because their contracts are horrendous. It would take a miracle to get something out of them.

Unless the trade is a no-brainer, the team should just stand pat and wait for Bogut to return.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    I'd be inclined to trade Jefferson and Biedrins. The only problem is their value is low (except Biedrins as of late) and because their contracts are horrendous. It would take a miracle to get something out of them.

Unless the trade is a no-brainer, the team should just stand pat and wait for Bogut to return.
    The problem is... sitting and waiting on bogut doesnt seem to be getting him back. Its become clear he isnt motivated to play for this organization. I dont think he has a problem milking this until his contract is up. The warriors need to get rid of deadweight if they want to be a serious organization.

do you see historically good organizations making trades for key players who just sit out for like a yr straight? I mean the lakers motivated dwight howard to come out and play at less than 100%.... and they arent even doing well. If the lakers had traded for bogut over the off season... would he still be sitting out> or would he be out there trying to play?
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    an ankle injury is different than a back injury..especially for a big man dude. all his weight is supported by that ankle n it might take longer to recover from. just look at yao ming and his foot problems

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    I just want Bogut back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post

good call. Only way I see it happening is if we take back a contract with more years and total dollars for Biedrins and/or Jefferson if a team wants to salary dump... but then how do we get under the luxury tax if we take on more salary...? I guess I can't see it happenening, unless a team wants to take on more salary and give up a better player... not likely.

Hopefully we take back a good player in a salary dump and our ownership sacks it up and pays the tax... we are selling out every game anyway.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Victimize View Post
    Stand Pat. The team isnt quite ready to contend for a title just yet so waiting on Bogut and letting Ezeli and Barnes develop is the best option at this point. Even if Bogut were to miss the rest of the season I think we shouldn't make a deal.
    makes sense. Even if we get a good center to replace or backup Bogut i don't think we have enough to beat OKC or other elites. I like the idea of letting the young players develop, get real valuable experience and come back stronger next year with a healthy Bogut. By next year Biedrins and Jefferson will be big expirings too, so may be better to trade them then or let them expire and use cap room following year.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    Nothing will happen. You rather wait next year when you have Biedrins and Jefferson 2 expiring contracts and also have a 1st round pick as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PatelJ1010 View Post
    Nothing will happen. You rather wait next year when you have Biedrins and Jefferson 2 expiring contracts and also have a 1st round pick as well.
    cant trade next yrs first round pick. You arent allowed to trade back to back first round picks, and we will likely lose that pick to the jazz this year. If for some reason we dont lose it to them this yr, we still wont be able to trade it because it might not belong to us.

The marcus williams trade was really really bad.

vCash
    trade thompson

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MackShock View Post
    trade thompson
    A little rash. He was part of the reason we have the record we do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    A little rash. He was part of the reason we have the record we do.
    ur right... he basically handed denver that double ot win in november.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast