Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    12,565
    vCash
    1500
    Leighton is a one year solution for the back up role. In the short term I still see Hovinen getting the job next year as the primary back up. Similarities with Hovinen could be Backlund who had his shot. I don't see Leighton taking over the primary role unless Bryzgalov is so bad that he's bought out.

    Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    Bryzgalov is not getting bought out unless he is completely horrid this year AND a better option becomes available without losing Couts or Schenn. Buying him out after this season results in the Flyers eating almost 40 million dollars. He would have to be pretty brutal for Snider to agree to that.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,673
    vCash
    1500
    I thought I saw somewhere the other day that the way the buyout details were that if he was bought out after this season it would cost the Flyers $23 million. That's a combination of figuring all the money they've paid him to date on his original contract and that with a buyout they don't have to pay the full face value of his contract. It was just a quick clip on the NHL network or something but I swore that's what I saw..............................after a quick double check on Capgeek, they seem to support the same thing that if he's bought out this June it will cost the Flyers 23 million. That's a lot of glue to pay a guy not to play, but at the same time looks way better than 40 million.

    Will be interesting to see how all that unfolds for sure...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,266
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Bryzgalov is not getting bought out unless he is completely horrid this year AND a better option becomes available without losing Couts or Schenn. Buying him out after this season results in the Flyers eating almost 40 million dollars. He would have to be pretty brutal for Snider to agree to that.
    Ed Snider is one of the richest owners in hockey. While I agree, the money he'll pay (it's 2/3rds of the remaining contract, not the whole remaining contract, I believe) will be significant, he's also an owner who's shown that he's willing to pay for a winning product. I wouldn't be shocked at all for Snider to eat that money.

    I actually think Bryz is a good bet to be bought out.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    972
    vCash
    1500
    Unless Bryz plays out of his mind....or shows his Anaheim playing self....I don't see him returning to this team....Not at the price tag he's carrying....Homer's gotta go out and get his scouts to find him a goalie to draft that could be our goalie of the future....The Flyers' problems with goaltending reminds me of the problems the Phillies have drafting third basemen....At some point they have to draft someone with NHL caliber talent.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Ed Snider is one of the richest owners in hockey. While I agree, the money he'll pay (it's 2/3rds of the remaining contract, not the whole remaining contract, I believe) will be significant, he's also an owner who's shown that he's willing to pay for a winning product. I wouldn't be shocked at all for Snider to eat that money.

    I actually think Bryz is a good bet to be bought out.
    Oh I am not saying that Snider wouldn't eat that if he is convinced that there is a better option with a better chance of bringing a cup. The problems lies in the fact that if you are going to go to him and say we want you to buyout Bryzgalov then what is the better option that you are suggesting in goal? He isnt going to eat that money just to get back to square one. He is going to want a better solution. Show him a guy that can help win a cup and then he probably eats the contract.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ten Minutes from Cholly's hometown
    Posts
    4,323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    Unless Bryz plays out of his mind....or shows his Anaheim playing self....I don't see him returning to this team....Not at the price tag he's carrying....Homer's gotta go out and get his scouts to find him a goalie to draft that could be our goalie of the future....The Flyers' problems with goaltending reminds me of the problems the Phillies have drafting third basemen....At some point they have to draft someone with NHL caliber talent.
    I agree that a goalie of the future would be nice, but even if they go out and draft that goalie, he probably won't be able to help the team for a few years. Very rarely does a young goalie make the big club right out of the draft. DiPietro and Fleury are they only guys that come to mind. One has shown flashes of being a top goalie, the other has been a major disappointment.

    Point being, if they do buy out Bryz, they need to find a solid netminder for a few years before any hot-shot rookie would be able to contribute.

    Learning to love the bomb since 2009

    Phils, Eagles, Flyers

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by k_dol50 View Post
    I agree that a goalie of the future would be nice, but even if they go out and draft that goalie, he probably won't be able to help the team for a few years. Very rarely does a young goalie make the big club right out of the draft. DiPietro and Fleury are they only guys that come to mind. One has shown flashes of being a top goalie, the other has been a major disappointment.

    Point being, if they do buy out Bryz, they need to find a solid netminder for a few years before any hot-shot rookie would be able to contribute.
    Bobrovsky. and he was undrafted.

    lol bryz

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ten Minutes from Cholly's hometown
    Posts
    4,323
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    Bobrovsky. and he was undrafted.
    Right, and while Bob showed flashes, he couldn't carry the team as a rookie. If they buy out Bryz next year but are looking to compete for a cup in the next two or three years, they'd need to sign a good stopgap

    Learning to love the bomb since 2009

    Phils, Eagles, Flyers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •