Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Do you think Leighton will impact Bryz in a good way?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ce-766518.html

We all knew that Bob wanted to start and that it put pressure on bryz.

Leighton wont take the starting job. Not a chance. And hes ok with that

lol bryz

vCash
    I hope that Bryz is smart enough to know that he was the man last year after the contract they signed him to. I would also hope (although I can't say it with confidence) that he's thick-skinned enough not let a kid's competitiveness shake him. From everything that I heard last year, Bryz and Bob had a good relationship, and Bryz took it upon himself to mentor his fellow Russian.

That said, could it be a good thing that Bryz no longer feels any responsibility to play mentor, and that he can just joke around with another vet? Maybe. I don't think that Bryz was distracted last year by acting as a mentor, but maybe Leighton will be able to keep things light. That article mentions that they know each other from Ducks camp, and it sounds like Leighton is perfectly willing to play straight man to Bryz's goofball personality.

Learning to love the bomb since 2009

Phils, Eagles, Flyers

vCash
    i've said it 1000000000000000000000000000000000 times and i'll say it again. every new FA that comes to Philly, regardless of their sport, i give them a year to adjust to the new market/fan base/media. it's a big adjustment to make, especially when you're coming from a small market.

last year was a "practice" year, for lack of a better term. let's see how he plays this year and then make our judgments.

and NO, that doesn't mean see how he plays for the first 5 games and make a decision. let him play the whole year out and see how he plays.

vCash
    Bryz doesn't play well when under mental stress/pressure. Having Bob behind you in the lineup is infinite pressure, especially when Quick just won the cup while playing a very similar style of goaltending. Having Leighton behind you in the Lineup removes ALL pressure. EVERY OUNCE of pressure. I went to 2 Flyers games last year, and in both games the entire crowd was cheering "WE WANT BOB! WE WANT BOB!" while Bryz was still trying to make saves. I can 110% promise everyone that the crowd will NEVER EVER cheer for Leighton to come out.

The goaltender job officially belongs to Bryz, and he knows that, and I think he'll step up. I honestly think he's gonna have a solid season. Last years regular season ended with him being a hero, and the crowd cheering his name. He had to love that, and prefer that

vCash
    No one talking about the Luongo rumors?
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender:25071526
    No one talking about the Luongo rumors?
    That was misinterpreted by the media. Flyers werent interested in Luongo, they were talking a 3 way deal with the Leafs and Canucks that involved Luongo

vCash
    Flyers trading for Bouch today was an interesting move...

vCash
    Bouch was coming back to Philly because he loves us soooo much. I honestly don't mind him coming back. He is a solid backup goalie. He was practicing with the Flyers before the lockout ended and I believe he still lives in the area. I like the guy.

vCash
    We got Mark Alt too in that deal...He's a decent prospect. A friend told me that he's projected to be a solid bottom 3 d-man with a chance to be a 2nd pair guy someday. Interesting...

vCash
    Score. I love me some Boucher.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Carolina needed to make room for Ellis but why would we need Bouch? Trading Leights? Would love to be a fly on the wall in Homers office!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    Carolina needed to make room for Ellis but why would we need Bouch? Trading Leights? Would love to be a fly on the wall in Homers office!
    Leights probably goes back to the AHL. He was always going to be an iffy backup.
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KCFlyers View Post
    they will want the depth, him and Leighton will probably exchange time as #2 and AHL. I much rather have Boucher over Leighton.

not gonna lie I've always loved Boosh, and most fans do too. Flyers could probably retire his number and nobody would complain lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    they will want the depth, him and Leighton will probably exchange time as #2 and AHL. I much rather have Boucher over Leighton.

not gonna lie I've always loved Boosh, and most fans do too. Flyers could probably retire his number and nobody would complain lol
    Boosh>Leighton

lol bryz

vCash
    Eh. Lateral move.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast