Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nuggets by position: Above Average? OR Below Average?

Nuggets by position: Above Average? OR Below Average?

I'm curious what position you guys think the Nuggets could improve on so please tell me where you think the teams players are as a group at each position. I'm only including the guys that play the most.

C: KK/Mcgee: Above Average? OR Below Average?

PF: Faried/Gallo: Above Average? OR Below Average?

SF: Gallo/Brewer: Above Average? OR Below Average?

SG: Iggy/Brewer: Above Average? OR Below Average?

PG: TY/Miller: Above Average? OR Below Average?

Going strictly by PER ratings the team would fall like this but PER ratings (15 being average) are not everything.

C: Above Average
    PF: Above Average
    SF: Above Average
    SG: Below Average
    PG: Below Average
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    In general for a team that has made the playoffs 9 years in a row, it's pretty easy to say every position has been above average but what we have lacked is elite players/teams.

I think Wilson Chandler could improve our SG position to "Above average" simply by allowing flexibility between Iggy/Gallo/Chandler. Brewer being the gut that plays in spurts.

Hamilton and Fournier could also help out in the SG.

PG I think is above average but we could use a PG/SG who is a pure scorer.

vCash
    I wanted to qualify my previous statement IGGY (14.5) and TY (14.5) are both close to average in the PER ratings and Miller (15.3) is slightly above average.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    In general for a team that has made the playoffs 9 years in a row, it's pretty easy to say every position has been above average but what we have lacked is elite players/teams.

I think Wilson Chandler could improve our SG position to "Above average" simply by allowing flexibility between Iggy/Gallo/Chandler. Brewer being the gut that plays in spurts.

Hamilton and Fournier could also help out in the SG.

PG I think is above average but we could use a PG/SG who is a pure scorer.
    I understand your point but I'm looking at the present team. This team has a different make up than some of those past teams. I think the #7 or #8 seed would be a close to average to slightly better than average team in a 15 team conference.

Right now I see Farried standing out the most often. I would put him above average. Gallo could be a top 5 SF in the west already so I would put him as better than average. KK has been pretty efficient so I'm leaning on saying he has been playing better than average.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Poz303 View Post
    but what we have lacked is elite players/teams.
    The last couple years I agree however Billups/melo and melo/AI were elite teams or at least had the potential to become elite but that potential was never realized thanks to coaching IMO.
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Here's a cool article by Denver Stiffs that goes beyond Gallo's per game numbers.

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2013/1/1...denver-nuggets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GIPPER View Post
    Here's a cool article by Denver Stiffs that goes beyond Gallo's per game numbers.

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2013/1/1...denver-nuggets
    That article had a lot of good statistical information. Thanks for posting it.