Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Indiana Pacers (22-14) @ Brooklyn Nets (21-15) [1/13/13]

Brooklyn Nets Basketball Presents:

VS.

TIME: 6:00 PM ET
    LOCATION: Barclays Center | 620 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217
    TELEVISION: NBA TV (National) - YES (local)
    RADIO: 101.9 WFAN / 660 AM

Team Overviews

Despite dealing with a coaching change, the Brooklyn Nets are in the midst of a strong stretch.

To win six straight games for the first time in nearly seven years, they'll have to end Indiana's own four-game streak on Sunday in Brooklyn.

Making things tougher, the Nets (21-15) might be without Deron Williams, who is the team's second-leading scorer at 16.7 points per game, after he suffered a thigh contusion in Friday's 99-79 win over Phoenix.

That victory marked Brooklyn's third straight by 20 or more points, the first time the franchise has accomplished that in its NBA history. The Nets are 7-1 since firing Avery Johnson and naming P.J. Carlesimo interim coach on Dec. 27. They had lost five of six before letting Johnson go.

"I think we went through some bumps and some rough patches, you know, which taught us," Williams said. "We are jelling a little bit more now."

While Williams is listed as questionable, Gerald Wallace has already been ruled out with bruised ribs. Wallace, who averages 9.8 points and 5.5 rebounds, landed hard when Phoenix's P.J. Tucker contested his dunk attempt in the first quarter. Replays showed Wallace landing on his right arm and shoulder but the team said that X-rays were negative.

MarShon Brooks was the primary replacement for Wallace and answered the call, scoring a season-high 17 on 5-of-9 shooting.

Brooklyn shot 6 of 13 from 3-point range in what was another improved offensive performance under Carlesimo. The Nets, who haven't won six straight since a 14-game run from March 12-April 6, 2006, are averaging 102.4 points with Carlesimo in charge, up from the 94.5 they scored in the first 28.

They've also held five of eight opponents under Carlesimo to fewer than 94 points, and limited Washington to 93 in regulation before taking a 115-113 double-overtime win on Jan. 4.

"We have just bought into what P.J. wants us to do on both ends of the floor," said Joe Johnson, who scored 19 despite being ill. "We are trying to get back to being defensive-minded and being the team we were when the season first started."

The Pacers (23-14) have won six of seven after a 96-88 home victory over Charlotte on Saturday. They were without leading scorer Paul George (16.9 ppg) due to illness, but are hopeful he will rejoin the team in Brooklyn.

Early on against Charlotte, Indiana -- already the league's second-lowest scoring offense at 91.1 points -- appeared as though it could struggle without George, falling into a 10-1 deficit. But David West registered his first triple-double with 14 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists, George Hill scored 19 and D.J. Augustin added 18 off the bench while playing nearly twice as many minutes as his average.

"We need Paul," Hill said. "But just like everyone else in Indianapolis is getting sick, it bit him too. We hope he has a speedy recovery but D.J. did a great job stepping in."

Aside from George being Indiana's best scorer, the Pacers would also like to have him because of his recent success versus the Nets. He's averaging 19.5 points while shooting 28 of 42 from the floor (66.7 percent) over his last four contests against them.

Indiana has won 13 of the teams' last 15 meetings.

ESPN.com
    Last edited by CaptainClutch; 01-13-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Brooklyn Nets | New Jersey Devils | New York Yankees | New York Giants

Gamertag PS3: CaptainClutch92 (Add It!)
    Twitter: @BeaconChris
    "The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Tough opponent, let's see what happens. At this point nothing would surprise me, could be a close win/loss or a blowout. PJ has enough goodwill not to be judged by a loss to these guys. Toronto on the other hand would be ugly. I expect a win in the next two games.

vCash
    This will be a tough game, the pacers are one of the best defensive teams in the league, but we're playing really well right know. I expect a close game. It would be huge if we can win this one.

I hope our injured/ill players will be ready tele and crash will be needed

vCash
    Man we needed Wallace for this one. That is a tough loss for this game and especially now that we are headed to a tough stretch of games. His injury could not have come at a worse time

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Paul George MAY be out which would balance Wallace, Dwill possibly being out.

Pacers forward Paul George will miss tonight's game against the Charlotte Bobcats and his status for tomorrow's game in Brooklyn against the Brooklyn Nets is uncertain, the Pacers director of media relations announced today
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    Paul George MAY be out which would balance Wallace, Dwill possibly being out.
    Don't wanna sound unethical, but I hope he's out haha!

It would be a great balance and hopefully if DWill is back, we can attack the paint and put Hibbert into Foul Trouble

"The way is very simple, the way to success. We're going to turn Knicks fan into Nets fan. That's it."..........."I am in rehearsals now 10 hours a day and plan to demand joint billing." (on rapping with Jay-Z)
    -Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    10 games left this month and only 3 sub .500 teams on the schedule. This is where the rubber meets the road. I'm going with the Nets winning all three of the lower echelon team games. IF the Nets can win 4 of 7 against the good teams I consider it to be a harbinger of a pretty good rest of the season run. If Crash can make it back for the home n away series against the Hawks...that will be the most critical games in this stretch. Should the Nets win em both that will be a HUGE boost in the standings for them. All that being said this Pacer game is gonna be a tough one and a win would be about as big a win as the Nets have had to date.

njnets is offline JerseyStrongBrooklynReady
    vCash
    ^ i saw that too. very tough schedule to close january.

there definitely going to start losing some now that these teams are some of the best in the league.

losing crash hurts. and paul george's status is so important.

if dwill doesnt play and george does, id be surprised if the nets won.

regardless though, the nets have had solid depth and now its time for guys to step up.

marshon and tele need to play well on both ends to contribute, even though they are known for their O.

lopez needs a nice rebound after that suns game as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Commissioner Stern is stern. Stern, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    You either have to deal with tornados or Snookie. Either way your gonna get sucked and blown.

vCash
    Agreed with above comments. This is a big game for us, obviously biggest since the Thunder. We need to beat teams like the Pacers/Hawks/Bulls to get that homecourt.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    On second thought the Pacers play a slow paced grind it out game. That plays into our style. I would not be surprised if we win

Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    Brooklyn isn't smoking noone's *** besides the line at the medicare office
    Sig bet with FriedTofuz or whatever his name is (I'm on my phone so it's too tedious to go find his exact name) that if the Nets lose to the Raptors I will delete my account and if the Raptors lose he will delete his (lol Raptors fans are so cute).

vCash
    Less than 15 minutes until tip off! LEHGOO

-Mikhail Prokhorov

vCash
    Damn i missed the first few min's

vCash
    nice move by deron, he playing good so far

vCash
    and we're tied

vCash
    Good game, so far.

Deron is playing like he should, wich is a good sign.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast