Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 99
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,583
    vCash
    1500
    First, you're not getting Beal. That's as simple as that.

    It is a salary dump. Why else would the Grizzlies want to trade a major piece on their team, when they are contenders? Because they want to get that max contract out of the way....aka a salary dump.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post

    What would u do in this situation?.
    I'm no expert on the cap situation, but I know there is no way to keep Nene, Wall, Beal, and Cousins together. My first priority would be to lock up Wall. If the Wizards could still afford Gay, I'd gladly take him if it meant not giving up Beal or Wall, of course. I'd stay away from Cousins though. Great player, but can also be as destructive as he is good.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    First, you're not getting Beal. That's as simple as that.

    It is a salary dump. Why else would the Grizzlies want to trade a major piece on their team, when they are contenders? Because they want to get that max contract out of the way....aka a salary dump.
    A salary dump is Andris Biedrins getting paid 9 million over the next 2 years. Hedo Turkoglu getting paid 12 million the next 2 years is a salary dump. A salary dump is Trevor Ariza slaw self getting paid 8 million for the next 2 years...Rudy Gay is a top 5 small forward that would get a contract like the one he has in free agency easily..

    Lol, it doesn't bother me none if you don't want Rudy...I'm just letting you know what it would take. Rudy Gay would be the best player Wizards fans have seen in over a decade and would immediately come in and average 25ppg+...FO's are dying to get a player like Rudy, and if it was simply just a salary dump do you really think this many teams would be interested in trading for him? No, the Grizzlies don't want to pay the luxury tax if they don't have to. That on top of the fact that Rudy is held back by the fact that we play inside first basketball with Zach and Gasol being options over Rudy means that we can afford to trade our under-utilized star if we get good pieces in return. We don't have to though.

    I'm not too interested in rookies that shoot 37% from the field.
    Last edited by J Falk; 01-16-2013 at 03:40 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    Lol, it doesn't bother me none if you don't want Rudy...I'm just letting you know what it would take. Rudy Gay would be the best player Wizards fans have seen in over a decade and would immediately come in and average 25ppg+...FO's are dying to get a player like Rudy, and if it was simply just a salary dump do you really think this many teams would be interested in trading for him? No, the Grizzlies don't want to pay the luxury tax if they don't have to. That on top of the fact that Rudy is held back by the fact that we play inside first basketball with Zach and Gasol being options over Rudy means that we can afford to trade our under-utilized star. We don't have to though.

    I'm not too interested in rookies that shoot 37% from the field.
    You're right, it's not simply a salary dump - why are the Wizards so prominently mentioned? It's about the players in return which leads me to believe Beal (or #1 pick) was asked for. Most likely Beal - he's starting to feel comfortable and is heating up. Memphis is also aware of the need for Washington to get a few wins in the interim to keep the fan base interested.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,290
    vCash
    1000
    On a personal note, Rudy is from the Baltimore area and might prefer a trade to your direction. That is, if they ever consider the human side of the equation.
    "You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you might find, you get what you need"



    THANKS FOR A GREAT SEASON, GRIZZ !!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bealeton, Virginia
    Posts
    846
    vCash
    1500
    with our FO who knows what we'll pull out of our ***....I would love rudy in dc...ill buy the damn jersey now...kidding of course. @mzgrizz hey bud so if we were getting gay...what would u guys be asking for in return? I hear a back-up pg which would mean aj price. I also hear a sg which you guys auto get jcraw. maybe Webster, vesely? idk I really don't wana give up seraphin though. maybe okafor?

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    1500
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a6zpjra

    again, this is literally the only trade that makes sense to me while having the numbers add up...we don't need a backup point guard bad enough to get AJ Price.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    A salary dump is Andris Biedrins getting paid 9 million over the next 2 years. Hedo Turkoglu getting paid 12 million the next 2 years is a salary dump. A salary dump is Trevor Ariza slaw self getting paid 8 million for the next 2 years...Rudy Gay is a top 5 small forward that would get a contract like the one he has in free agency easily..

    Lol, it doesn't bother me none if you don't want Rudy...I'm just letting you know what it would take. Rudy Gay would be the best player Wizards fans have seen in over a decade and would immediately come in and average 25ppg+...FO's are dying to get a player like Rudy, and if it was simply just a salary dump do you really think this many teams would be interested in trading for him? No, the Grizzlies don't want to pay the luxury tax if they don't have to. That on top of the fact that Rudy is held back by the fact that we play inside first basketball with Zach and Gasol being options over Rudy means that we can afford to trade our under-utilized star if we get good pieces in return. We don't have to though.

    I'm not too interested in rookies that shoot 37% from the field.
    It isn't exactly a salary DUMP, because he isn't a bad player. But it is a trade based on salary. That is the only reason the Grizzlies would get rid of him. They are contenders, you don't trade a piece like Rudy Gay for the hell of it when you are contending.

    Rudy Gay averaging 25+ ppg??? No...

    Rudy Gay the best player the Wizards have seen in over a decade? No...I'd take Caron Butler over him when he was in his prime on the Wizards. I'd take both Wall and Beal over him as well.

    A realistic package would be a combination of Crawford, Seraphin, Singleton, Vesely, and Booker. Along with a 1st round pick. The Grizzlies simply aren't getting Wall or Beal. It is as simple as that.

    Oh, you don't want Beal because he is shooting 37%? Beal is only 19 years old and struggled mightily at the beginning of the season(As you would expect from a 19 year old adjusting to the pros). He has improved immensely now that he is adjusted to the NBA. Soooooooo, you don't want a rookie in Beal, who has incredible potential and has since adjusted to the NBA and is now playing at a very high level...Yet, you want an overrated player like Rudy Gay? A guy who is shooting just over 41% from the field? This guy is a superstar? No.

    Now that I looked it up, Beal is shooting 39%. This teenager is shooting a whole 2% worse than superstar Rudy Gay!?!? NO WAY...

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It isn't exactly a salary DUMP, because he isn't a bad player. But it is a trade based on salary. That is the only reason the Grizzlies would get rid of him. They are contenders, you don't trade a piece like Rudy Gay for the hell of it when you are contending.

    Rudy Gay averaging 25+ ppg??? No...
    Rudy Gay the best player the Wizards have seen in over a decade? No...I'd take Caron Butler over him when he was in his prime on the Wizards. I'd take both Wall and Beal over him as well.

    A realistic package would be a combination of Crawford, Seraphin, Singleton, Vesely, and Booker. Along with a 1st round pick. The Grizzlies simply aren't getting Wall or Beal. It is as simple as that.

    Oh, you don't want Beal because he is shooting 37%? Beal is only 19 years old and struggled mightily at the beginning of the season(As you would expect from a 19 year old adjusting to the pros). He has improved immensely now that he is adjusted to the NBA. Soooooooo, you don't want a rookie in Beal, who has incredible potential and has since adjusted to the NBA and is now playing at a very high level...Yet, you want an overrated player like Rudy Gay? A guy who is shooting just over 41% from the field? This guy is a superstar? No. Now that I looked it up, Beal is shooting 39%. This teenager is shooting a whole 2% worse than superstar Rudy Gay!?!? NO WAY...
    Yes Thank you! I would have to add Gilbert Arenas into the mix as well. Was great before he got hurt.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WALLtoMCGEE View Post
    Yes Thank you! I would have to add Gilbert Arenas into the mix as well. Was great before he got hurt.
    Absolutely. I only threw Caron in there because he and Gay play the same position. So Rudy Gay would not be the best player Washington has seen in a decade, nor would he even be the best at his position in the last decade.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    433
    vCash
    1500
    Rudy Gay is a 45% shooter for his career...don't take his poor numbers from this season to try to help your case in saying a rookie that's shooting 38% is better than him...plus, 6'5 shooting guards are a dime a dozen...6'9 SF's that can guard Lebron and Durant while shooting 45% over a career are a lot harder to come by..And did you say Arenas, Wall and Butler better than Rudy Gay? quite laughable..

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    16,583
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    Rudy Gay is a 45% shooter for his career...don't take his poor numbers from this season to try to help your case in saying a rookie that's shooting 38% is better than him...plus, 6'5 shooting guards are a dime a dozen...6'9 SF's that can guard Lebron and Durant while shooting 45% over a career are a lot harder to come by..And did you say Arenas, Wall and Butler better than Rudy Gay? quite laughable..
    You need to stop sucking him so hard. He isn't nearly as good as you are trying to make him out to be. He may be better than Beal at the moment, but for the future, I'm taking Beal 10/10 times.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bealeton, Virginia
    Posts
    846
    vCash
    1500
    gay better than arenas was no...butler...yes...beal As of right now...yes

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bealeton, Virginia
    Posts
    846
    vCash
    1500
    i love bradley beal and i do think he will be better than gay but as of right now gay is a better player. although with the rebuilding process beal is obvs the guy. beal will be better than gay but right now no

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    176
    vCash
    1500
    WizFan3, I take back everything bad I said about Bradley Beal...He's been playing great basketball! WIZARDS WONNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! SHOULD'VE WON VS THE KINGS MAN!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •